Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now That It's All Said And Done...

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Yeah, but what if Blue Ray fails? Remember Sony has lost a format war before.
    When people can get a Blu-Ray player on the PS3 for lesser amount of money than a HD-DVD player on a X360, things will change. Intel lost to AMD for years and just take a look at them now, history doesn't always repeat itself.

Then what sort of HDD dose the 360 have if it's not interchangeable?
    By interchangeable I also mean it's widely compatible, unlike X360 which can only stick to the specified Microsoft 20Gb HDD. Of course you can always buy more, but on the PS3 I would only have to buy a single 160Gb to equal 8 of your X360 HDDs since PS3 runs on SATA and is compatible with some that you use in your PC.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    When people can get a Blu-Ray player on the PS3 for lesser amount of money than a HD-DVD player on a X360, things will change. Intel lost to AMD for years and just take a look at them now, history doesn't always repeat itself.
    Whilst the the consoles will have some effect on which format comes out on top, I don't think they be THE determining factor. HD-DVD players are already hitting the market and it seems that disc manufacturers and drive manufacturers have been focusing on HD-DVD.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Whilst the the consoles will have some effect on which format comes out on top, I don't think they be THE determining factor. HD-DVD players are already hitting the market and it seems that disc manufacturers and drive manufacturers have been focusing on HD-DVD.
    Independent Blu-Ray players have been hitting the market too, and judging by the number of movies on each side, I wouldn't say they're focused on HD-DVD. And remember, Columbia Pictures belongs to Sony and therefore we'll see many Blu-Ray movies on Blu-Ray format, especially the good ones.

An average independent HD-DVD player costs as much as a PS3, so my guess is that most people will either buy a PS3 or the HD-DVD add-on for their X360. I understand that an independent Blu-Ray player costs way more than an independent HD-DVD player , but as long as consoles are there to make Sony and Microsoft lose money, there isn't an expensive next-gen high-definition movie player, and PS3 makes Blu-Ray player less expensive as HD-DVD.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Thread Information