Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Laptop for under $1,000?

Best Laptop for under $1,000?

I might be getting laptop to replace my legendary Duron. What model is the best for under $1,000 CND?

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    I might be getting laptop to replace my legendary Duron. What model is the best for under $1,000 CND?
    For that money your best bet would be a Dell.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

It might help if you let us know what you wanna do with your laptop ...

Yeah what he said ^

Everyone has a different definition of GOOD.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Under 1000? Wait till you have more cash... the less you pay, the less time you'll get out of it. (From my own experience.)

deff get a dell or if ur a Mac fan then get a Mac
    No Me Gusta Tu Coche

If he's spending under $1,000cad he won't be doing much more than streaming media and using the internet. Like Rock said, Dell is probably your best bet for that price if you insist on spending that. However I agree with CJ, save up a bit more and go for the HP DV series in the 1300-1400 range. I've got one, it's a good laptop.

Edit: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...7&catid=20354# this is a good deal.
    Last edited by zeppelin; 12-06-2006 at 03:09 PM.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Toshiba makes some good laptops for the money. The only problem that you run into on Dell is if you want to upgrade the RAM you have to use DELL RAM rather then Toshiba where you don't have to use Toshiba RAM. As with Apple products I would only go with them if you had more money to spend.

Well, my dad wants a Sony or Toshiba...but I say Sony. There's a $1,099 one I want but dad says wait till boxing day. He just wants something that he can carry around...but I say DUAL CORE CENTRINO WITH 1 GIG DDR2 MEM. WITH 120+ HARD DRIVE AND GOOD SPEAKERS (HELL YEA)!!!

...and at least 128mb ATi Xpress or Nvidia Go something.,

Do you need a laptop?

Build yourself a budget gaming desktop if you don't need a lappy

Mac Books start at $1250 canadian. Although for people who are used to PCs, the stats numerically may not look as impressive, but I assure you benchmark very highly. I use an iMac at work and people often say "only 2.0GHz lol!!!111!" they fail to realize that it's dual core, and each 2.0GHz core benchmarks with the latest Pentium 4s easily.

Anyway what I'm trying to say amidst all my rambling is, if you think you're ready to handle the switch, I highly recommend Apple's products, as their prices have never been better.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    Mac Books start at $1250 canadian. Although for people who are used to PCs, the stats numerically may not look as impressive, but I assure you benchmark very highly. I use an iMac at work and people often say "only 2.0GHz lol!!!111!" they fail to realize that it's dual core, and each 2.0GHz core benchmarks with the latest Pentium 4s easily.

Anyway what I'm trying to say amidst all my rambling is, if you think you're ready to handle the switch, I highly recommend Apple's products, as their prices have never been better.
    I fully agree. I've never had a better computer than my now over one year old iBook G4. Once you get the hang of it, its much more efficient to use than a PC imo.

my dad says he wants a lappy...and no Macs. Right now he wants a Sony with Pentium D or another newer one...

Thread Information