View Poll Results: which one will it be?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • F430

30 42.86%
  • 997 Turbo

16 22.86%
  • Gallardo

13 18.57%
  • Z06

7 10.00%
  • M6

4 5.71%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F430 vs 997 turbo vs Gallardo vs Z06 vs BMW M6

F430 vs 997 turbo vs Gallardo vs Z06 vs BMW M6

Which one would you get and why?

The loud Ferrari F430?
    The all new Porsche 997 Turbo?
    The exotic 520hp Lamborghini Gallardo?
    The record braking Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    or The macho BMW M6?

Please before voting, try to take into consideration the following elements: Looks, Rareness, Performance, Overall quality and reliability, Ease of use, Practicality, Sensation, the X-factor…
    Attached Images Attached Images

i can't decide between F430 and Z06
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Z06 for me there's something vastly refreshing and appealing about an upstart from the same company that produces the Cavalier...

I really like all of these cars.

I would take the BMW M6 though. The great V10 engine, unusual but great looking BMW styling, beautiful interior and brand loyalty are the reasons for my choice.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14

I would take the BMW M6 though. The great V10 engine, unusual but great looking BMW styling, beautiful interior and brand loyalty are the reasons for my choice.

Fair enough. Brand loyalty is a strong argument.

a recent edition of Auto Motor und Sport had a test with the same cars except the F430.
    Winner was the M6, 2nd the Porsche, the ZO6 third and the Gallardo came fourth.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    a recent edition of Auto Motor und Sport had a test with the same cars except the F430.
    Winner was the M6, 2nd the Porsche, the ZO6 third and the Gallardo came fourth.
    The question is not which car is the best but which one would you buy... Do not take this as offense but I beleive there is a huge difference between what is the best and what is more prefered...

Quote Originally Posted by adperrak
    The question is not which car is the best but which one would you buy... Do not take this as offense but I beleive there is a huge difference between what is the best and what is more prefered...
    true. i also highly doubt the M6 is the best in this company either
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    true. i also highly doubt the M6 is the best in this company either
    I was quoting a German magazine and I am sure that in case the Golf R32 had participated, that would have won. There is no way that a Volkswagen product can loose a comparo over there.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by adperrak
    taking all the points of consideration you mentioned into account I thought that a simple reference to an all comprising comparo could help the audience...

I was quoting a German magazine and I am sure that in case the Golf R32 had participated, that would have won. There is no way that a Volkswagen product can loose a comparo over there.
    i thought the connection between the name of the magazine and the winner was a bit suspicious

Very good point! lol

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i thought the connection between the name of the magazine and the winner was a bit suspicious
    There were some interesting figures though. We have always wondered how the Z06/C6 achieved its low EPA figures, and basically the availability of a very long 6th gear is a good explanation.
    The acceleration from 80-120 in top gear for the M6 takes only 6.7 seconds, in the Z06 the driver has to wait 11.1 seconds to achieve this. (the 911 turbo does this exercise in 5.5 seconds). So pottering along in your Z06 in top gear, will always mean downshifting when you want to make a certain impression.

Test consumption: M6 17l/100 km, Z06 15.8l/100 km, Gallardo 21.2/100 km (!!) and 911T 16.6/100. So indeed the Corvette wins this discipline. It also beats all competitors in acceleration through the gears after 100 kph. Below 100 the Porsche plays out it traction card to the full.

Prices of the cars in Germany:
    M6 109 k Euro, Z06 80k, Gallardo 151 k, Porsche 134 k

Nice find! Thanx for sharing

I think I'd have the Corvette Z06, but it's mostly a choice by default...

-Ferrari F430, if I had to have a Ferrari I want a V12 in front of me.
    -Lamborghini Gallardo, If I had to have an Audi I'd buy one.
    -BMW M6, too ugly and complicated.
    -Porsche 911 Turbo, can speed be dull?

I think there are better options in that price range.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information