Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G3

G3

Saw G3 last night with Petrucci, Vai and Satch. #kin awesome. Went from 7.30 until 12.00. I am clinically deaf. Mix could have been better but we were 9 rows from the front under a flying array which didn’t help. Those guys soooo rule. And best is I don’t want to give up playing anymore after seeing them. I am over it. Top night. Petrucci lied and said he wanted to come back again (Portnoy was drumming for him) Dream Theatre in Adelaide,,, in my dreams. Bonus having Portnoy, Billy Sheehan and Dave La Rue on bass.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I want to see that so bad. Too bad the closest ill get to it right now is the DVDs.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

John Petrucci is a vastly underrated guitarist. Amazing player. I can take or leave Satch & Vai, to be honest.

Awesome, I'd love to go to that some time. I haven't actually heard any of John Petrucci's solo work, but I like Dream Theater so I should probably check it out. IMO Satch>Vai not necessarily in skill (hard to pick who's better) but Satch is one of my favorite guitarists along with Slash, John Frusciante, and the 3 guys from Iron Maiden.

Well Petrucci is a favourite but the other two rule as well. I have seen Vai four times including this. I must say that Satriani really impressed me. He played a lot of stuff from Surfing with the Alien and really got into it. Being the last on people would have been getting harder to please but he did a great job. Vai is a great showman and always relates well to the crowd on a personal level.
    A lot of people bag these type of players as having no soul and being all about speed and technical ability. I personally don't see why such virtues should be frowned on but also Vai in particular is far beyond a mere shredder. Every time I see him I am reined just how unique he is and he is one guitarist who can actually make me smile (as in laugh) at the things he does.

I am gonna see them at Massey hall when they come here in ?April? I am only a G3 newbie, but I am not gonan miss this chance as I have heard what they do and they come with a strong reccomendation from a friend.

Jealousy......clouding....thought

I've got the DVD of G3 Denver (Thanks Shawn! ) and I loved every minute of it.

Unfortunately I don't think G3 will ever hit New Zealand

Damnit! Petrucci is easily my favorite guitarist, and Dream Theater is easily one of my favorite bands. Supposedly DT is coming out with a new album.....i just really want to see a concert with Petrucci, heheh. Satriani.....I have to give him credit simply because he IS good. Vai, I'm not a huge fan of. Petrucci....you lucky thinger!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Damnit! Petrucci is easily my favorite guitarist, and Dream Theater is easily one of my favorite bands. Supposedly DT is coming out with a new album.....i just really want to see a concert with Petrucci, heheh. Satriani.....I have to give him credit simply because he IS good. Vai, I'm not a huge fan of. Petrucci....you lucky thinger!
    The new G3 tour will not included Vai this time. It will be Satriani, Petrucci and Paul Gilbert.

but I envy you Kitdy Because I am a huge Satriani and Petrucci fan.

crisis, I thought the Adelaide G3 concert was superb. I saw Malmsteen before I saw Petrucci, Vai and Satriani so I saw 4 of the greatest guitarists of all time in 2006.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

this is G3 not G4 !
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    crisis, I thought the Adelaide G3 concert was superb. I saw Malmsteen before I saw Petrucci, Vai and Satriani so I saw 4 of the greatest guitarists of all time in 2006.
    Yeah I would have loved to go to see Malmsteen but funding was becoming a problem. Is he still fat?

I just realized, April, Friday the 13th, G3 is in DC......sweeeeeet

Yeah, there is no Vancouver date announced yet for the new tour (Satriani, Petrucci, and Paul Gilbert). I'm sure they'll come to town - I just hope I'm not away when they do. I managed to see Steve Vai this year already though (at Zappa plays Zappa), and I've seen Satch live before.

EDIT: My parents were wrong, I can go to the Baltimore date!!!!!
    Last edited by CdocZ; 02-20-2007 at 06:25 PM.

Thread Information