Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top Gear's COTY 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    err.... we're going about SUVs and MPVs.
    Bowler Wildcat?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    Yeah, except it's not even really as the S-Max is designed and sold by Ford Europe in Europe, which as far as I know has little to do with Ford North America.
    So with that same logic, Acura would be American cars.

Your logic FAILS.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling

Your logic FAILS.
    Sorry, but Ford actually had three of them around the world, Ford US, Ford UK and Ford Australia. Each operates, designs and manufactures on their own. Most of the Fords sold in Asian markets are from Ford UK. Nonetheless, i can't deny the existence of Ford UK, is one of Ford US' strategies.

In short, it's Ford as well, but these three Ford companies are operating much more independantly compared to the likes of other car manufacturers.

Your logic FAILS.
    Except that pretty much every Acura is just a Honda with very slight cosmetic changes, therefore designed by Honda in Japan. Whereas the S-Max, Mk2 Focus, Mondeo etc have nothing to do with the US in design or manufacture.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

One American Car Woot!
    Not really since it is neither sold nor built here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Sorry, but Ford actually had three of them around the world, Ford US, Ford UK and Ford Australia. Each operates, designs and manufactures on their own. Most of the Fords sold in Asian markets are from Ford UK. Nonetheless, i can't deny the existence of Ford UK, is one of Ford US' strategies.

In short, it's Ford as well, but these three Ford companies are operating much more independantly compared to the likes of other car manufacturers.
    Ford Europe is today based in Germany.
    Visca Catalunya!

Your logic FAILS.
    As hard as I tried I could not even comprehend where in the hell you pulled that reasoning from, let alone what it even has to do with anything anyone has said in this topic. I was stating how the statement about an American car winning was false, as Ford Europe has very little to do with Ford North America.

I think in this case, more than just your logic has failed.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Ford Europe is today based in Germany.
    Alot of their special projects, such as racing cars and prototypes are at least partially developed in the UK afaik.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Alot of their special projects, such as racing cars and prototypes are at least partially developed in the UK afaik.
    Well of course they have facilities in other countries, just like Aston Martin has the engine plant in Germany altough they are mainly UK based, Ford Europe has facilities in the UK but is mainly Germany based.

And well the rallying team (if you were referring to that with "racing cars") is run by Malcolm Wilson's M-Sport team (it still is, isn't it?), which is based in the UK, but it is an independent company.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information