Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarkson:The good, the bad, and the down right liers...

Jediali and Canuck, thank you for being down to earth. For everyone else that took offense to that clip, give me a break.

...He called a V6 a V8.
    All about the t-tops

Yeap, he shouldn't be doing so. But i reckon a 200hp integra could lap faster around the track.

Most of the time when i watch TopGear, my brain manages to filter out a lot of the drivell JC says. Sure, he has some funny comments, but most of it has to be taken with a lump of salt.

But to be fair, I dont know much about Mustangs, and in that clip, no where did he refer to the car as "GT" or having a "V6". He clearly says it has a "4.6L heart", but to people not in the know, that meant nothing to me! No where during the clip did he say this is the fastest Mustang, and it still got beaten by a horse. So sure, you could be a little peeved, but otherwise dont take it too seriously - chill out!
    Porsche!

Some of you guys really need to get laid ... if you take life any more serious, you're penis will actually disappear back into your body and hide out of shame.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    That's not funny, that's just out right lying saying it's the GT. I wonder if Ford could sue him over this?
    Well I listened/saw the tape twice and he nowhere calls it a GT. He opens by saying "this is the Ford Mustang" so I think Ford will loose the law case.

Maybe Clarkson should sue Slicks for putting words in his mouth that he did not say...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

1. He doesn't call it a GT, but he describes it as being 300HP.

2. Who cares?

3. If you do happen to have nightmares over this, grow up.

EDIT:

I do feel for the Americans though, if Clarkson did that to the Ford Oz Falcon, I would murder him It's just typical Clarkson and his opinion of American cars
    Last edited by adrenaline; 12-10-2006 at 06:07 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    Most of the time when i watch TopGear, my brain manages to filter out a lot of the drivell JC says. Sure, he has some funny comments, but most of it has to be taken with a lump of salt.

But to be fair, I dont know much about Mustangs, and in that clip, no where did he refer to the car as "GT" or having a "V6". He clearly says it has a "4.6L heart", but to people not in the know, that meant nothing to me! No where during the clip did he say this is the fastest Mustang, and it still got beaten by a horse. So sure, you could be a little peeved, but otherwise dont take it too seriously - chill out!
    im with you on this, do people think it sounded like a V8? i think a sorted V8 would have more rythem but it sounds to good to be fords old V6 lump.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade

The Mustang GT is the only Mustang that offers a "4.6L heart, with 300hp." So in saying it has 300hp, hes saying its the GT model.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    im with you on this, do people think it sounded like a V8? i think a sorted V8 would have more rythem but it sounds to good to be fords old V6 lump.
    Thats because its Fords new V6 lump. It sounded no where close to Ford's 4.6...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    For instance there is one episode where he calls and older 911 a crap car and then wrecks it, I love Porsche but I lol'd...
    He doesnt call it crap, he says its not a supercar because it can take a beating without breaking...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Thats because its Fords new V6 lump. It sounded no where close to Ford's 4.6...
    it didnt have a V8 thrum, so its a 4.0 litre and 200 and a bit hp, whats new about it? (i am not being rude, i am curious)!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    The Mustang GT is the only Mustang that offers a "4.6L heart, with 300hp." So in saying it has 300hp, hes saying its the GT model.
    which probably understeers even more heavier
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    which probably understeers even more heavier
    good point howver perhaps with 90 extra horses the rear end might be more willing to let go better thus countering understeer with better oversteer, just a thought, could be nonsense.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    good point howver perhaps with 90 extra horses the rear end might be more willing to let go better thus countering understeer with better oversteer, just a thought, could be nonsense.
    well the whole thing should not be taken seriously at all, but hurting the pride of Americans is a dangerous occupation these days....

Thread Information