Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarkson:The good, the bad, and the down right liers...

Clarkson:The good, the bad, and the down right liers...

Can anyone tell me what wrong with this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi5lJI0mjKU

Now if this is not proof enough that Jeremy is so pathetically biased that he has to not only stage a race with a horse and a V6 Mustang, but he has to actually LIE about it, saying its a GT...
    I dont care if some fanboy is going to come in here saying its entertainment, the guy is clear-as-day lieing through his dirty teeth. Im ruling stupidity out, because youd have to be blind, deaf and missing half your brain to not tell the difference between the two while actually driving the car.
    If some journalist was testing a base model BMW 3 series, and said it was an M3 wouldnt you be like WTF?

I don't believe it took him 40 seconds to lap that track. That's horrible driving.

...cry me a river. It's COMEDY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    ...cry me a river. It's COMEDY!!!
    Some of the skits he does is funny, most are not. Its like if some redneck was making n*gger jokes, even if they were not funny, other rednecks would laugh.

I found the problem. "Liers"?

Except this IS funny...unless of course, you actually like American cars or mustangs...

But those people just don't "get it"...

The joke's on Clarkson- the v6 is for preppy teenage girls.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

JC is still a good car journalist. His biases make him unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    JC is still a good car journalist. His biases make him unique.
    He knows what he likes and he says it, all you have to do is not take him seriously and he's hilarious.

For instance there is one episode where he calls and older 911 a crap car and then wrecks it, I love Porsche but I lol'd...

Wow, he said it had 300hp and a 4.6. I wonder how someone like him, whose driven other fast cars and owns a Ford GT with a v8 could confuse the sound of a v6 with a v8? Still a comical review much like his others, perhaps taken out of context? I remember Hammond gave a good review of the GT when it came out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

That's not funny, that's just out right lying saying it's the GT. I wonder if Ford could sue him over this?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I dont mind the whole racing a Mustang against a horse type thing. Its stupid, funny, and good viewing. Like racing across a continent in a Veyron to beat a plane.
    That said, calling a V6 Mustang a GT is downright inexcusable. So is where he says "This new one looks great...its a brilliant piece of design". Lies, all of it.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    That's not funny, that's just out right lying saying it's the GT. I wonder if Ford could sue him over this?
    No since Ford lent them the car.

well JC says a lot of cr*p...i wouldnt take this seriously. If Jason Plato, Tiff Needell or Vicky Butler Henderson drove a lap it may have been quicker too. Have you seen the rest of this DVD? it gets worse than this. He even races a dodge ram and a ariel atom!! A Z4 M draws with a viper (which is more realistic on a twisty track) also For example a range rover, H2 and an Escalade race up a mountain. The RR won as i think it probably would but the other two cars failed because they took impossible routes! However in this DVD jc points out some thoughtful social differences between Europe and USA. In this jc goes to las vegas and asks people stuff like "whats the capital of britain, some countires in europe, what is scotland near etc.." but they people (shown) couldnt answer, jc claimed that USA cant compete with Europe cos it doesnt know anything about it. He then concludes that the Ford GT is the best American car (surprise surprise) but only because it has so much european influence!

sorry to go on. This is one of his better dvds and is probably worth buying, just dont take offence.
    Last edited by jediali; 12-10-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    autozine.org

Thread Information