Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another new car

Did they use the same 4.7L engine as the dakota? I've had no problem with mine.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Congrats on the Jeep Juggs. Why don't you include all your cars in your sig "My rides" ?
    good idea. done!

clutch monkey, i specifically wanted a jeep with the 4.0 inline six. its a great motor. i know of many with far over 200k on them and still run like brand new. mine has somewhere in the neighborhood of 160k on it i think and you would never know it. the only thing u really have to worry about on them is the tranny, but then again what chrysler product produced before 03 or so doesnt have a weak tranny? still tho i have heard the v8 is still a pretty good motor as far as reliability goes, maybe you just got a lemon as i havent heard of many of these problems. who knows tho im sorry you had a bad experience!
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    clutch monkey, i specifically wanted a jeep with the 4.0 inline six. its a great motor. i know of many with far over 200k on them and still run like brand new. mine has somewhere in the neighborhood of 160k on it i think and you would never know it. the only thing u really have to worry about on them is the tranny, but then again what chrysler product produced before 03 or so doesnt have a weak tranny? still tho i have heard the v8 is still a pretty good motor as far as reliability goes, maybe you just got a lemon as i havent heard of many of these problems. who knows tho im sorry you had a bad experience!
    the inline six rocks. friends wrangler has it and it's a beast. i think mine is a product of chrysler quality control..i.e. at least 10% of it's products shouldn't be allowed to go on sale..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Does the I6 have to be a manual to be a beast, I was in an auto one and with foot to the floor nothing happened.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Does the I6 have to be a manual to be a beast, I was in an auto one and with foot to the floor nothing happened.
    in the wrangler you could do hill starts in 3rd.... and on a hard launch the front wheels would lift off the ground.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i wish i coulda found a stick one, but they are hard to come by. my friends sister has one, its nice. i can switch my tranny to comfort or power mode, and in power mode it takes off like a beast (for a 160k cherokee as least) comfort mode is smooth as silk
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Congrats on the Cherokee. Better compliment than the Ford wagon...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

ha thanks...just liscensered her this weekend and drove it everywhere. its a champ! oh its also a 91 not an 87. my bad
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    in the wrangler you could do hill starts in 3rd.... and on a hard launch the front wheels would lift off the ground.
    But this was a Cherokee. It was running on LPG too, but I don't think that makes any difference.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

But this was a Cherokee. It was running on LPG too, but I don't think that makes any difference.
    i think you lose something like 20-30% of the engine's power on lpg...

Thread Information