Thread: Mitsubishi Lancer Sport Sedan

Mitsubishi Lancer Sport Sedan

2007 DETROIT AUTO SHOW

- NEW LANCER SPORTS SEDAN: FROM SKETCH TO REALITY -

Delivering on its promise, Mitsubishi Motors reveals today the sharp look of its all-new Lancer sports sedan.

Faithful to the previously released sketch, Lancer will bring the dynamic lines of the show-stopping Mitsubishi Concept-X and Concept-Sportback to the showroom. Both unveiled in 2005, they hinted not only at the next generation Mitsubishi compact sports sedans, but also at the next evolution of its design language.

This is readily apparent in Lancer’s front face. Whilst concepts (CZ2, Tarmac Spyder, Pajero* Evolution, etc,…) or production cars (Colt, current Lancer, Grandis, new Outlander etc,…) have clearly established the triangle-shaped 3-Diamond logo as the focal point, the recent US-only Eclipse and Raider brought a first evolution with a larger inverted gaping grille inspired by jet fighters´ air intake. Split into two separate elements (chrome-ringed for the upper part) this Lancer sports sedan grille goes one step further, staging Mitsubishi’s logo at the centre of a new and very iconic front face, highlighted by Concept-X and Concept-Sportback’s trademark shark nose and deep set “eyes”.

The 4,570 m long x 1,760 m wide Lancer sports sedan is based on MMC’s “Project Global” platform, a new flexible architecture that also forms the foundation of the new Outlander.

With its sharp handling and 35 year Lancer sporting credentials, it will be in Europe a new alternative for customers of desirable, heritage-proud, non-mainstream brands in the C-segment: not premium, but different and legitimate.

To be launched in Europe from the fourth quarter of 2007, the Lancer sports sedan family will progressively expand to offer a complete line-up. Split into 4 powertrain levels (entry, mid-range, upper-range and supercar), it will propose 5 different engines, including the VAG-supplied 140 ps – 2.0 litre diesel already fitted to Grandis Di-D and Outlander Di-D.

*Montero in Spain / Shogun in the UK

Key Dimensions:

Wheelbase: 2,635 m

Length: 4,570 m

Height: 1,490 m

Width: 1,760 m

[Sorry for the pixelation in the photos, but that is how they were on the media site]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dracu777; 12-11-2006 at 07:45 AM.

Wow, I really like it. It's a nice change, as I've always thought the regular Lancer variants were boring; this is aggressive and sporty. I can't wait for the Evolution version of it.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Sorry about this but I can't tell for sure, is this saying that it will be on display at the Detroit Auto Show? Because it says D.A.S. in the title but doesn't say for sure that it will be there.

Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by supracrazy410
    Sorry about this but I can't tell for sure, is this saying that it will be on display at the Detroit Auto Show? Because it says D.A.S. in the title but doesn't say for sure that it will be there.

Just wondering.
    It is scheduled to be displayed at the Detroit Auto Show.

Ok, cool thanks. I just hope it is there for the public days not just the press days (like the FXX was when I went this year) because I'm probably going and I really like the looks of that. Thanks again.

I don't think it's anything special. I can think of much better alternatives in its segment.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

OMG!!It tEh Bomb wit 2JzGtz Swap + Nirtorus Oxide It SmoKe VIPoRZ wiT POwR to Wight Ratioz!!!
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Not nearly as gaping as the original concept vehicle appeared. I actually like this toned down version a lot better. One thing I notice though, is it looks like the cross between a lancer and an RX8.

I hope the evolution version has a bit more burliness to it though, this one is a little too kind looking for my tastes as far as lancers go :P
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I'll have to do a chop when I get home tonight.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Hello Lexus + Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Hello Lexus + Suzuki
    I think from certain angles, the cabin looks more like a Volvo S40/S60, while the back end looks like the Acura TSX (Honda Accord in EU). Either way, it looks a lot better than the outgoing model...especially in non Evo trim.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    I'll have to do a chop when I get home tonight.
    Once again, learn to edit.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

3 new Mitsubishi Lancer photo's
    I do like the new styling, not to daring but its an improvement.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information