Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS3 vs Xbox 360 - Spot the difference!

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Seriously, both system would have the same graphics when it comes to games that they both have because the developer would only need to port the game to the other system and their job's done. They're pretty much the same, it only comes down to preference: Do you want Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, motion sensor or vibration? And that's all to it.

I prefer the PS3 for the series of games I love and follow and for the Blu-Ray and motion sensor, and I don't care if you prefer something else, it really is preference. However, if you guys can't stop arguing about the technical differences because you think one must be better although you really can't tell which, get yourself some more money and build a goddamn PC, that'll shut you up.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    black? because that game kicked ass. far cry was pretty but gameplay meh
    Black was good fun, but there was just so much shit that really pissed me off. Like the respawing enemies which meant you pretty much had to run and gun, the fact that you had to shoot guys like 15 times with an AK-47 to kill them, and that it had no replayability. I just prefer Far Cry.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Seriously, both system would have the same graphics when it comes to games that they both have because the developer would only need to port the game to the other system and their job's done. They're pretty much the same, it only comes down to preference: Do you want Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, motion sensor or vibration? And that's all to it.

I prefer the PS3 for the series of games I love and follow and for the Blu-Ray and motion sensor, and I don't care if you prefer something else, it really is preference. However, if you guys can't stop arguing about the technical differences because you think one must be better although you really can't tell which, get yourself some more money and build a goddamn PC, that'll shut you up.
    Hence why ive had these loose guidlines

Sony - rpg, "weird games" ie. ico
    MS - FPS, online play
    Nintendo - Fun for everyone

Even though all three consoles have first party developers who have (in the past) made great games, these titles haven't been or don't show that much promise, the rest of the gaming industry has caught up. Devil may cry, Final Fantasy, ridge racer, Perfect Dark, they were all once great in their hey day, but now fanboys should let go a little and embrace the fact that all three consoles will have terrific games, and that the games of old, revamped for today sometimes don't have the glory of thier older predecessors.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    I read the first page and got bored. Which console "won" in the end? (if the term really does have a true meaning in this industry)
    Neither of them 'won'. It was just a technical break down. The writer talked about the poor design of the ram in the PS3 and how you can't access all 512mb. He also talked about graphics chips. RSX vs Xenos. The RSX is basically the Nvidia 7800GTX but re-packaged. The Xenos however is new technology. Its a slightly different version of the ATI R600, which when released on PC next year, will be a DX10 GPU. Go to page 8 of the report to read about it. Its a seriously powerful GFX card.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The main chunk of disk usage would come from high-resolution cut-scenes that mimic DVD-quality movies. Actual gamedata isn't as demanding of disk space and resources.
    My point is that There is such an insane amount of data, hat they can afford to put THAT much stuff into it. Graphics, gameplay, etc...

A lot of people who own xbox have xbox live, and those who don't, probably have played it and wish they did. BTW, hundreds for online play?!? More like $50.
    Microsoft has announced the prices and packages that will be available for Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 and things are looking pretty good. You can upgrade your Silver Xbox Live membership to Gold for just $49.99 for a year, $7.99 for one month, and $19.99 for three months.

You can also buy subscriptions in package deals. For $39.99 you will get three months of Xbox Live Gold, a headset, $10 mail in rebate, and 100 points to use in the Xbox Live Marketplace. For $69.99, you'll get a full year of Xbox Live Gold, a headset, 200 points for the Xbox Live Marketplace, and a $20 mail in rebate. The packages will also include one Xbox Live Arcade game each.

Perhaps the biggest Xbox Live news, and something that is sure to make lots of young gamers and parents happy, is that credit cards are no longer required to sign up for Xbox Live.
    from "http://xbox.about.com/od/xbox2/a/xbl360info.htm"

ok maybe i exagerated a bit
    but 69$ US is close to a 100$ CAN , plus all the extras you can buy etc etc...
    its not my fault I live in Canada

In a way, yes.. but is 5-10% 'prettier' a justification for 300 dollars?
    Dont get me wrong, I am not justifying the PS3's ludicrous price. I just think that people are dumb enough to shell out all that dough for the "best" (ie. best looking in their minds) system.

I am waiting a full year (after Christmas 2007 at least) before i make any attempt at trying to think about which one I might consider buying.
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 12-13-2006 at 01:34 AM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Black was good fun, but there was just so much shit that really pissed me off. Like the respawing enemies which meant you pretty much had to run and gun, the fact that you had to shoot guys like 15 times with an AK-47 to kill them, and that it had no replayability. I just prefer Far Cry.
    headshots kill instantly and are very satisfying..i found black a sort of old fashioned shooter, was good fun
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information