Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Car Accidents in My Country

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    Posts
    167
    That top picture doesn't even look like a car anymore
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    No(r)way.
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Ever heard this fact:

    Over 120 km/h every km you drive over it, the danger raises to the square.

    People with a mentality like you are likely to hit a tree. They all think they are "perfect" drivers and will never crash. I've known one,but he is not with us anymore. A huge tree proved to be too difficult to dodge doing 200 km/h on a twisty 80 km/h road

    PS: I've never understood the reason to photograph crashes,except for police or crash test investigation. What is so cool about others' misery ?
    Wow...
    You have had your license in 2,5 hrs...
    And yet you have become world champion in driving...
    I salute you..

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
    Posts
    16,251
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Ever heard this fact:

    Over 120 km/h every km you drive over it, the danger raises to the square.

    People with a mentality like you are likely to hit a tree. They all think they are "perfect" drivers and will never crash. I've known one,but he is not with us anymore. A huge tree proved to be too difficult to dodge doing 200 km/h on a twisty 80 km/h road

    PS: I've never understood the reason to photograph crashes,except for police or crash test investigation. What is so cool about others' misery ?
    that's odd. i've crashed at 20km/h, but never 120km/h
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South England
    Posts
    685
    no point in arguing lads...in society you will always get n00bs who think that they are the greatest drivers and will put their skills and their cars to their, not very high, limits in the process having an accident which, in the worst case scenario, could lead to deaths...
    i admit that i have driven way above the limit but i did it on a early sunday morning when i felt fresh, conditions where good and there was no one around me for me to hit...
    as for taking pictures of crashes i think it is an excellent way to raise awareness of the dangers involved in driving
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    in society you will always get n00bs who think that they are the greatest drivers and will put their skills and their cars to their, not very high, limits in the process having an accident which, in the worst case scenario, could lead to deaths...
    natural selection has taken many forms over the years....
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,153
    There is a difference between speeding and exceeding posted limits. Speeding dangerously is driving at a speed that is unsafe in a particular environment. 60kph down a side street may be legal but it can also be dangerous if vision is impaired or there are children or other hazards. Driving a 140kph on a road posted at 100kph may be entirely safe and reasonable if the road is clear, dry in good condition and the driver is attentive but still illegal.
    Exceeding the speed limit is merely driving faster than some bureaucrat has decided to post on a particular road. The facts still hold that the faster you go the harder you will hit but contrary to what governments and Police spokespeople would like us to believe speeding dangerously and exceeding the speed limit are two distinctly different things.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    95616
    Posts
    5,355
    Something about this thread reminds me of Borat.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Posts
    1,873
    I admit I've put my car sideways(on purpose) around corners at 2:30 in the morning while absolutely blitzed. It is incredibly stupid and I deserve whatever anyone says about it. I don't do that anymore, and I'm glad I'm alive and not in jail :P
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germany / CA
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    I admit I've put my car sideways(on purpose) around corners at 2:30 in the morning while absolutely blitzed. It is incredibly stupid and I deserve whatever anyone says about it. I don't do that anymore, and I'm glad I'm alive and not in jail :P
    and the point of telling us that was...?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Posts
    1,873
    well... people were talking about stupid driving and accidents.... >.>;

    One of those piles of metal could have been me.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,602
    Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    There is a difference between speeding and exceeding posted limits. Speeding dangerously is driving at a speed that is unsafe in a particular environment. 60kph down a side street may be legal but it can also be dangerous if vision is impaired or there are children or other hazards. Driving a 140kph on a road posted at 100kph may be entirely safe and reasonable if the road is clear, dry in good condition and the driver is attentive but still illegal.
    Exceeding the speed limit is merely driving faster than some bureaucrat has decided to post on a particular road. The facts still hold that the faster you go the harder you will hit but contrary to what governments and Police spokespeople would like us to believe speeding dangerously and exceeding the speed limit are two distinctly different things.
    </endthread>
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    N.Z.
    Posts
    436
    speed by itself doesnt cause a car to impact into things

    irresponsibility

    weather conditions

    sleepyness

    car condiition

    some roads are unsafe at 60 Kmh - some roads are Very safe at 200

    what causes you to survive driving on the road is :
    partly luck
    & greatly : YOUR BRAIN

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    egypt
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsight
    speed by itself doesnt cause a car to impact into things

    irresponsibility

    weather conditions

    sleepyness

    car condiition

    some roads are unsafe at 60 Kmh - some roads are Very safe at 200

    what causes you to survive driving on the road is :
    partly luck
    & greatly : YOUR BRAIN
    totally agree.

    there are accidents like these all over the world. many of them could be unavoidable, luck is definatley a major factor.
    What we can do, is be cautious, drive maturly, avoid unneccessary risks, also if you want to speed you have to know the characteristics of the road well and be aware.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    328
    I've been without my car for about 5 months now. Christmas holydays are near, which means I'm going home. My beloved one is RWD, thus I'm going sideways (I'm desperately hoping for a white christmas) for the next couple of weeks. The thing is, my car is so crappy it barely touches 50 mph, but it's still great fun!

    Less (grip) is more (fun)! Without risking your own and others lives!

    The 912 is not mine by the way...
    Last edited by Klemmel; 12-12-2006 at 01:21 PM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Posts
    1,873
    My friend always says it's much more fun to drive a slow car fast then a fast car slow
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GT4 whole car list!!!!
    By Mustang in forum Gaming
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 08:06 AM
  2. Top 10 Worst Value Cars Ever
    By h00t_h00t in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 03:29 AM
  3. The future of the car and the environment
    By motorsportnerd in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 07:15 PM
  4. Manual Transmission
    By Orefus in forum Technical forums
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 10:36 AM
  5. I am going through a Car dilemma, HELP
    By mikeperowski in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •