Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Accidents in My Country

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    That top picture doesn't even look like a car anymore
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Ever heard this fact:

Over 120 km/h every km you drive over it, the danger raises to the square.

People with a mentality like you are likely to hit a tree. They all think they are "perfect" drivers and will never crash. I've known one,but he is not with us anymore. A huge tree proved to be too difficult to dodge doing 200 km/h on a twisty 80 km/h road

PS: I've never understood the reason to photograph crashes,except for police or crash test investigation. What is so cool about others' misery ?
    Wow...
    You have had your license in 2,5 hrs...
    And yet you have become world champion in driving...
    I salute you..

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Ever heard this fact:

Over 120 km/h every km you drive over it, the danger raises to the square.

People with a mentality like you are likely to hit a tree. They all think they are "perfect" drivers and will never crash. I've known one,but he is not with us anymore. A huge tree proved to be too difficult to dodge doing 200 km/h on a twisty 80 km/h road

PS: I've never understood the reason to photograph crashes,except for police or crash test investigation. What is so cool about others' misery ?
    that's odd. i've crashed at 20km/h, but never 120km/h
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

no point in arguing lads...in society you will always get n00bs who think that they are the greatest drivers and will put their skills and their cars to their, not very high, limits in the process having an accident which, in the worst case scenario, could lead to deaths...
    i admit that i have driven way above the limit but i did it on a early sunday morning when i felt fresh, conditions where good and there was no one around me for me to hit...
    as for taking pictures of crashes i think it is an excellent way to raise awareness of the dangers involved in driving
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    in society you will always get n00bs who think that they are the greatest drivers and will put their skills and their cars to their, not very high, limits in the process having an accident which, in the worst case scenario, could lead to deaths...
    natural selection has taken many forms over the years....
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

There is a difference between speeding and exceeding posted limits. Speeding dangerously is driving at a speed that is unsafe in a particular environment. 60kph down a side street may be legal but it can also be dangerous if vision is impaired or there are children or other hazards. Driving a 140kph on a road posted at 100kph may be entirely safe and reasonable if the road is clear, dry in good condition and the driver is attentive but still illegal.
    Exceeding the speed limit is merely driving faster than some bureaucrat has decided to post on a particular road. The facts still hold that the faster you go the harder you will hit but contrary to what governments and Police spokespeople would like us to believe speeding dangerously and exceeding the speed limit are two distinctly different things.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Something about this thread reminds me of Borat.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I admit I've put my car sideways(on purpose) around corners at 2:30 in the morning while absolutely blitzed. It is incredibly stupid and I deserve whatever anyone says about it. I don't do that anymore, and I'm glad I'm alive and not in jail :P
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    I admit I've put my car sideways(on purpose) around corners at 2:30 in the morning while absolutely blitzed. It is incredibly stupid and I deserve whatever anyone says about it. I don't do that anymore, and I'm glad I'm alive and not in jail :P
    and the point of telling us that was...?

well... people were talking about stupid driving and accidents.... >.>;

One of those piles of metal could have been me.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    There is a difference between speeding and exceeding posted limits. Speeding dangerously is driving at a speed that is unsafe in a particular environment. 60kph down a side street may be legal but it can also be dangerous if vision is impaired or there are children or other hazards. Driving a 140kph on a road posted at 100kph may be entirely safe and reasonable if the road is clear, dry in good condition and the driver is attentive but still illegal.
    Exceeding the speed limit is merely driving faster than some bureaucrat has decided to post on a particular road. The facts still hold that the faster you go the harder you will hit but contrary to what governments and Police spokespeople would like us to believe speeding dangerously and exceeding the speed limit are two distinctly different things.
    </endthread>
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

speed by itself doesnt cause a car to impact into things

irresponsibility

weather conditions

sleepyness

car condiition

some roads are unsafe at 60 Kmh - some roads are Very safe at 200

what causes you to survive driving on the road is :
    partly luck
    & greatly : YOUR BRAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight
    speed by itself doesnt cause a car to impact into things

irresponsibility

weather conditions

sleepyness

car condiition

some roads are unsafe at 60 Kmh - some roads are Very safe at 200

what causes you to survive driving on the road is :
    partly luck
    & greatly : YOUR BRAIN
    totally agree.

there are accidents like these all over the world. many of them could be unavoidable, luck is definatley a major factor.
    What we can do, is be cautious, drive maturly, avoid unneccessary risks, also if you want to speed you have to know the characteristics of the road well and be aware.

I've been without my car for about 5 months now. Christmas holydays are near, which means I'm going home. My beloved one is RWD, thus I'm going sideways (I'm desperately hoping for a white christmas) for the next couple of weeks. The thing is, my car is so crappy it barely touches 50 mph, but it's still great fun!

Less (grip) is more (fun)! Without risking your own and others lives!

The 912 is not mine by the way...
    Last edited by Klemmel; 12-12-2006 at 01:21 PM.

My friend always says it's much more fun to drive a slow car fast then a fast car slow
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information