Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TOCA 3 info

TOCA Race Driver 3 info

new info from CodeMasters on the latest version of TOCA.

14th July 2005
    Real racing in real racing cars - only the best set for TOCA Race Driver 3

If variety is the spice of life, then TOCA Race Driver 3 will get any racing gamer hot under the helmet: it’s going be crammed some of the world’s greatest real racing cars when it launches in February 2006 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

In TOCA Race Driver 3 you’ll be competing over 100 individual championships covering 35 different racing disciplines - that’s more than any other racing game has ever offered. Forget modded cars, forget streetcars, forget fictional racecars, just jump straight into some of the world’s most exciting real competition cars - both modern and historic.

TOCA Race Driver 3’s career disciplines cover GT, Off Road, Touring Cars, Historic, Open Wheel, Rally and Oval and you can jump in and out of each one as you choose. The game’s sublime, authentic handling engine will give you the nuances of racing every individual car, providing for a huge range of different racing experiences.

You’ll also see how a specific racecar type has evolved through history, from the most technically advanced modern cars to historic classics, when victory really was all down to the driver’s skill.

TOCA Race Driver 3 will bring you some of the greatest cars that have competed in F1 races and you’ll experience how handling and technology has evolved and changed over the years.

From the most modern BMW WilliamsF1 Team car, through to Damon Hills’ championship winning FW18 of the 1990s, Nelson Piquet’s classic FW11b of the ‘80s, the Lotus 49 of the ‘60s right back to the Mercedes-Benz W25 Silver Arrow of the ‘30s when it was it was all about the most powerful engine on the lightest car with the fewest technical aids, being driven by the greatest driver.

There’s real race content from the US too, including the Dodge Charger that’s new on the NASCAR circuits this year. Alternatively, try the open-wheel endurance with the IndyCar Series championship cars at Indianapolis.

Other key international race competitions, featuring all the real racecars, include Germany’s DTM and Australia’s V8 Supercars series. Both championships will feature the 2005 season, complete with car set-ups, practice sessions, and qualifying races.

For a change of pace and exhilaration, try the 4x4 Monster Series with their huge, air-filled, 1.5m tyres, 4WD steering and low-end torque that’ll let you pull wheelies from the start! Similar racing, on a smaller scale, is found when you take the Baja Beetles off road. In a white-knuckle ride across the dirt tracks, there are plenty of jumps that really send the Bajas flying!

There’s also plenty to show off your technical racing skills, especially with F3, Formula BMW and the Formula Palmer Audi with its turbo boost function that delivers an extra whack of 50bph to the engine! Though use the turbo tactically to overtake or achieve a fastest lap time - it lasts just 8 seconds and you can only use it 8 times in a race.

With over 40 championship circuits, you’ll be racing some of the greatest cars on the greatest tracks - sometimes taking them to an unusual location. How about taking a V8 car out of Australia and race its 5.0 Litre engine at the Nurburgring or taking a TVR from the British GT out east and racing it at the Shanghai International Circuit?!

With so many different racing experiences and real racing cars, TOCA Race Driver 3 is revving up for a release in February 2006 on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. Get yourself in the driving seat with more online at www.codemasters.co.uk/tocaracedriver3.

hmm, Lotus 49 Could this finally be a replacement for GPL ??
    February 2006 - boo-hoo, I want it NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 07-15-2005 at 04:01 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Looks very much like GT4 technology

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Looks very much like GT4 technology
    For the "drifters" mayne. I've NEVER been convinced of the GT driving SIMULATION. As n arcade game it is superb

I liked CodeMasters line ....."Forget modded cars, forget streetcars, forget fictional racecars, just jump straight into some of the world’s most exciting real competition cars - both modern and historic."

Whether it can really get the handling physics of GPL in single seater to be seen. ( Though their FF1600 was as close as you coudl get without making the chair slide from side to side )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Looks very nice, might be time to buy a new video game for first time in ages...

Nice, I just loved those oz v8 in toca 2, and the DTM's where almost as nice! Formula fords i wasn't that fond of, nor all the "crazy-racing" like the rally parts or trucks etc... Also I started to hate those racing-jag's aswell. If you make a racing car, cant you make it with decent grip!!!?!??!?!
    What was all your favourites in toca 2?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Nice, I just loved those oz v8 in toca 2, and the DTM's where almost as nice! Formula fords i wasn't that fond of, nor all the "crazy-racing" like the rally parts or trucks etc... Also I started to hate those racing-jag's aswell. If you make a racing car, cant you make it with decent grip!!!?!??!?!
    What was all your favourites in toca 2?
    The FF with the V8s close behind.

Oddly enough the Jags I loved because that is what a 1960s jag on 1960s rubber is like

Looks nice, good ideas by Toca. I just hope they don't feature 36,430 different homologation/racing versions of the Skyline. GT4 figured we needed 48 different GT-R's.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Looks nice, good ideas by Toca. I just hope they don't feature 36,430 different homologation/racing versions of the Skyline. GT4 figured we needed 48 different GT-R's.
    But ZOMG they got like a billion cars in that game! I'm gonna pick the Ferrari! Oh, I cant. Porsche? Hmm. Koenigsegg? Screw that, let's play Forza. No offence to GT4 which is probably the best PS-racing game, but when I first heard 700 (was it 700?) cars I was impressed. When I saw how they got 700 cars in the game I was saddened. First the concepts, the same cars' production versions and ten different tuned versions of every major Japanese car...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

I already liked part 2 of the game, sow I will probably end up buying 3 too...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

ive been looking high and low for toca race driver 2, and i cant find it! did they even sell it in australia?

its not called toca 2 in australia, its called DTM race driver 2 i think.

am also expecting this 1, and if anybody wants to race toca 2 online....am up for it(tho i sort of suck)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

I'll definitely get TOCA 3 or whatever it's called in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    its not called toca 2 in australia, its called DTM race driver 2 i think.

am also expecting this 1, and if anybody wants to race toca 2 online....am up for it(tho i sort of suck)
    Yeas we're all trying to find our wheels as we all type.

Ther's likely to be a TOCA get-toether as well as a GPL for us oldies-but-goodies

It is called V8 Supercars in Aus http://au.codemasters.com/v8supercars2/ , DTM in German and TOCA in UK ( and everywhere else I think ). Clever piece of Marketing Hype. It's the same game everywhere but everyone 'thinks' it's specially for their local formulae

I want one too , V8 pics are so beautiful

TOCA 3 info

hmmm, just as I was thinking that GT Legends was going to be worth it for the classic cars, Codemasters go and post soem images from the new TOCA 3 coming.

hmmm, which to go for
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information