Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2

27 51.92%
  • Audi TT 2.0 T

25 48.08%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 v Audi TT 2.0 T

My uncle's last Audi A6 had problems with the radiator and the climate control, amongst other minor things. And not for that I go calling Audis unreliable everywhere.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    My uncle's last Audi A6 had problems with the radiator and the climate control, amongst other minor things. And not for that I go calling Audis unreliable everywhere.
    Has he got just 2 metal knobs for the climate control and 2 digital screens or just air-con with 4 plastic knobs?

I don't think anyone can beat the Jap's for reliability. Not a single Honda V-TEC engine has ever broken and the 12 1/2 year old Mazda in our garage has never EVER put a foot wrong, it's just had a few new batteries. The very little use it gets and the short drives it gets when it is used don't do it any-good. If it's left in the garage for 6months over the winter or summer, hop in, key in, wiggle the gear-stick, depress the clutch, turn the key and it starts first time-every time. Only problem is, when the battery is dead, the central locking doesn't work...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Has he got just 2 metal knobs for the climate control and 2 digital screens or just air-con with 4 plastic knobs?
    No, it was proper climate cintrol with screen and knobs to set the temperature you wanted (amongs other things). What I wanted to show you is that Alfa Romeo's reliability isn't that bad these days, just average. A car can go wrong, but a car can go wrong in every manufacturer. Most are just fine.
    Visca Catalunya!

No, it was proper climate cintrol with screen and knobs to set the temperature you wanted (amongs other things). What I wanted to show you is that Alfa Romeo's reliability isn't that bad these days, just average. A car can go wrong, but a car can go wrong in every manufacturer. Most are just fine.
    Ok, but still, If I see an Alfa, it's usually broken, though, I don't see many broken down cars, a few over-heating Citroen Xantia's in summer and a Freelander belonging to my Aunty...

Motion & Emotion

ALfas are getting better in terms of reliability, but image lingers.
    autozine.org

When you decide you're going to buy an Alfa you buy it. You don't look at what else is on the market. This is why i like them so much. Therefore i'll go with the Brera. Also it is a truly gorgeous car. No doubt about that. And you can just see that is was made with passion. You can easily tell that the TT was made to the exact detail by people in white lab coats. The Brera however was made by a bunch of lusty Italian teenages with their drunk girlfriends not giving a damn about perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    The Brera however was made by a bunch of lusty Italian teenages with their drunk girlfriends not giving a damn about perfection!
    In spite of your description, which I can concur to, they managed pretty well
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Oh yes, most certainly. Thank god for the Italians. I mean if we lived in a world without those crazy Italians, it would just be boring. No stracciatella ice-cream, no messy pasta and most importantly no one would show those boring Germans how to make exciting cars.

Italians are great, there so worried about being confident and looking good in their cars they dont wear seatbelts.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    In spite of your description, which I can concur to, they managed pretty well
    And if you put italians in the laboratory the result wouldn't have been quite so satisfying...
    Visca Catalunya!

The Brera. Hands down. In black pleeeease!

Was this the previous A6? We had one of them and the upper rear right side door tweeter kept blowing... and the volume control on the radio was dodgey in cold weater

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Was this the previous A6? We had one of them and the upper rear right side door tweeter kept blowing... and the volume control on the radio was dodgey in cold weater
    Yes it was the previous A6. A 2.5 TDI Quattro manual to be precise.
    Visca Catalunya!

I can see how the TT can be seen as a posers car and appreciate the sense it is being called that. But sticking with the traditional definition of all show-no go, the Alfa better fits that bill. The Brera is easily the better looking of the two, but 8+ seconds to 100 kms is dog slow, unacceptable for a fun car.

OTOH, Audi think they've facelifted the TT, really though the restyle is a let down for me. The TT use to have a very unique look, even if it is a dressed up Golf. Now, to me the TT looks like any one of the myriad slinky coupes from Jpn, inc.

Of these two, I'd go for the TT. If the Alfa gets 2 or 4 more cylinders then it would have the right amount of GO.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Yes it was the previous A6. A 2.5 TDI Quattro manual to be precise.
    Ahh, I like that engine, the noise it makes for some reason. Although, as I always think, Petrols should be manuals and diesels shoud be Automatics..

Ours was an A6 1.8T SE saloon, not very highly spec... HORRIBLE chomed 15" tin can alloys... Nasty!

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information