Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustang to go global.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    Ford made jaguar diesel estate, previously unheard of but it wasnt so bad. the x-type isnt great and doesnt really seem to be a jaguar (yes..a mondeo chassis) and furthermore while the jaguar name gave it prestige it never sold as well as predicted. Can Ford learn from this?
    The problem is that it was fantastic for a Ford but awful for a Jaguar. Consumers might be stupid, but not that stupid.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Here's another article about it with computer renderings:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/12/14/...ons/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Here's another article about it with computer renderings:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/12/14/...ons/index.html
    not a pretty car
    autozine.org

hey i'm sorry for posting here. but i can't make my own thread. anyways i need some info on a mustang that i hope to buy in the very near future. it's a 1986 mustang cobra gt, it looks like it has an ecu upgrade and a cold air intake. i am buying it from a car insurance auction, it was vandalized. it needs 4 new pieces of glass, a column, and a dash. it has a very nice set of rims on it that i am estimating would have cost between $2000-$2500 dollars for all four. vertually no rust underneath it and the body is in very good shape, save for some scratches. i can just sand out the scratches. i plan on a new paint job, so that won't be a problem. aynways, thanx for anything any of you can tell me. and sorry for interupting this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy007
    hey i'm sorry for posting here. but i can't make my own thread. anyways i need some info on a mustang that i hope to buy in the very near future. it's a 1986 mustang cobra gt, it looks like it has an ecu upgrade and a cold air intake. i am buying it from a car insurance auction, it was vandalized. it needs 4 new pieces of glass, a column, and a dash. it has a very nice set of rims on it that i am estimating would have cost between $2000-$2500 dollars for all four. vertually no rust underneath it and the body is in very good shape, save for some scratches. i can just sand out the scratches. i plan on a new paint job, so that won't be a problem. aynways, thanx for anything any of you can tell me. and sorry for interupting this thread.
    get a hold of me on aol instant messenger and ill tell you anything you want to know. btw i highly doubt those rims costed that much. mustang rims are cheap.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Ford has already denied the rumors that the Mustang will be made into a sedan. There will be a sedan based off the mustang platform, but it will not wear Mustang badges. That such sedan is teh Interceptor.

But if this means selling the Mustang overseas, then it is not gonna work. the Mustang is purely an american car. It's out of date technology and cheap interior will never work overseas.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

thanks, juggs. i dont' have aim but i am downloading it right now. and i founf out that the rims on it are stock cobra svt rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    Ford has already denied the rumors that the Mustang will be made into a sedan. There will be a sedan based off the mustang platform, but it will not wear Mustang badges. That such sedan is teh Interceptor.

But if this means selling the Mustang overseas, then it is not gonna work. the Mustang is purely an american car. It's out of date technology and cheap interior will never work overseas.
    Anything works if its cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy007
    thanks, juggs. i dont' have aim but i am downloading it right now. and i founf out that the rims on it are stock cobra svt rims.
    cool just drop me a line, screen name is shaggs2dope2000. those rims dont cost nearly that much but they sure do look good! why the hell do all u canucks call GT foxbodies cobras?

prius what outdated technology do you speak of? is it the jaguar chasis? is it the overhead cam, 3 valve per cylinder, all aluminum, variable valve timing v-8? or is it that your just a moron?
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    prius what outdated technology do you speak of? is it the jaguar chasis? is it the overhead cam, 3 valve per cylinder, all aluminum, variable valve timing v-8? or is it that your just a moron?
    Roflcopter.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I'd imagine he's referring mainly to the rear axle.

I personally think it would sell plenty well. Not in the volumes that it does in the states, but more as niche car, a more cautious man's TVR, if you will. I think the Monaro got on just fine over here. Likewise, not a massive volume seller, but not a flop, afaik.

That said, I'd imagine it would probably cost a damn sight more than it does in the states. Especially since we'd have to bear the burden of the costs of the tooling for a RHD model to be developed. I guess in that respect, it would depend on weather or not it would sell in Australia. If it could, then that would improve the chances of the UK getting a RHD Mustang, I'd imagine.

No, more like the live rear axle, something that just got drug out from the 80s.
    Last edited by Prius; 01-05-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    No, more like the live rear axle.
    Those are so outdated.... oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Those are so outdated.... oh wait
    [img]http://www.thermaltechcoatings.com/images/wiess_guy.jpg[img]
    Perhaps this is a better example
    I think it has a live rear, but, then again, I'm not into to Camaros, so I am not really sure.

I can't beleive I'm not disagreeing with you.

...if that isn't a solid rear the Ford FR500 is...
    I still prefer IRS
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 01-05-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Perhaps this is a better example
    I think it has a live rear, but, then again, I'm not into to Camaros, so I am not really sure.
    http://www.forocoches.com/galeria/da...o_race_car.jpg

I can't beleive I'm not disagreeing with you.

...if that isn't a solid rear the Ford FR500 is...
    I still prefer IRS
    Ive seen that Camaro before, but could never find any specs. Either way I too prefer IRS, but a solid rear end is not "low tech", thats the point I was trying to make.

Thread Information