View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ferrari Superamerica

21 36.21%
  • Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster

37 63.79%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ferrari Superamerica or Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster?

Quote Originally Posted by astonzag
    Just to be clear I've owned this Roadster since April 2006 and it is - I am - French indeed. Oro Adonis is the factory name for its the colour. Manual gearshift, carbon inserts inside, yellow stitching and carbon-covered side intakes are the extras. I've ordered it through the Affolter dealership in Porrentruy, Switzerland, I part-exchanged a 2003 Ithaca Verde Murcielago Coupé. 1400 kms since then. Good catch for the plates.
    That's nice.

But we'd like an Egg Nog. Write your name on a piece of paper, and stick it over the gear shift.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    What sort of person would have a Superamerica over a drop-top Lambo? No, let me re-word that. What sort of mental illness would cause someone to have a Superamerica over any drop-top Lambo? Ferraris are great cars, but they lose all the 'Ferrariness' when the top comes off. Lambos are showy cars. They say i have arrived. These cars are meant to be used with the top down crusing near a beach in a hot summer day. California and Miami comes to mind. And so does the SuperAMERICA. The name itself tells us that this was meant for the American market. And since i'm not American, i'll take the Lambo. You don't have to drive near a Californian beach for it to look glamorous. All you need to do is drive on a normal road with corners, not like those in America where corners are about as common as a dictionary.
    Losing the roof multiplies the sensations. And Ferraris should be about that. Just like the Berlinettas have its place the Spyders do too. You just have to understand the different nature of both types of cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    i think people who dont like audi involvement, brash image, or lack of eticate and percieved sophistication will prefer the ferrari. Ferrari covertables are not a problem. The F430 spider is well recognised and ferraris of old were often covertible.
    The Murcielago is still very Lamborghini. It's probably the last Lamborghini to have a connection with Ferruccio since its V12 can trace its roots back to the original Dallara 3.5-litre V12.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    The Murcie... Just common logic.
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

Quote Originally Posted by astonzag
    Just to be clear I've owned this Roadster since April 2006 and it is - I am - French indeed.
    Ok, so I'm not that dumb. I'm looking forward to the egg-nog test now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drift Illusion
    The Murcie... Just common logic.
    I would take a Lambo over any Ferrari, but the superamerica.

Lamborghini represents pure madness. Ferrari, on the otherhand, makes you look like a fool, you got money so ooh, I'll buy a red Ferarri. Wheres the compassion?!

You buy a Lamborghini, shows you have a passion, a good taste. They're not so common. Lambo owners get respect
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Lambo owners get respect
    Some do, others...crash them.

any way I don't think the superamerica is a typical ferrari, its just so awesome

This is true, I've seen pics of an LP640 on it's way to a press thing, fresh from factory, nasty crash and it burst into flames. Not even 40miles on the clock I don't think...
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 12-18-2006 at 03:04 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Some do, others...crash them.

any way I don't think the superamerica is a typical ferrari, its just so awesome
    So do Ferrari owners, particularlu Enzo ones. What's your point?
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    You buy a Lamborghini, shows you have a passion, a good taste. They're not so common. Lambo owners get respect
    A Lamborghini isn't particularly tasteful. Especially one with no roof and gull-wing doors...
    Visca Catalunya!

i really dislike the superamerica. i was never really a fan of the 575 in the first place, then they made it all gaudy with a glass roof etc etc.
    i do like murcielago's in an illogical sort of way, even though it's lost it's roof, i'll vote for the LP640
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    All you need to do is drive on a normal road with corners, not like those in America where corners are about as common as a dictionary.
    Go to hell. I'm sure you've heard of Benjamin Franklin. He's an American.
    I don't think you'll call him stupid.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    A Lamborghini isn't particularly tasteful. Especially one with no roof and gull-wing doors...
    Um, only one Lamborghini had Gull wing doors and wasn't a convertible.

Check the facts. Nearly all roadsters were either the regular way or scissor.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Um, only one Lamborghini had Gull wing doors and wasn't a convertible.

Check the facts. Nearly all roadsters were either the regular way or scissor.
    I don't understand the point you are trying to make, but the point that I was trying to make is that Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster it's not tasteful. It's exciting and fast and other things, but not tasteful. An Alfa Romeo 166 is tasteful.
    Visca Catalunya!

I believe tasteful is an opinion though as I believe the 166 after seeing it nothing more than another sedan from Europe just like how GM produces just more sedans.

And when I say, "nothing more," I mean that in the terms of it just being an ok sedan. Tasteful to me, is a car that stands out from the crowd, and is just different.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information