Thread: Indonesia’s first real political sex scandal

Indonesia’s first real political sex scandal

A senior Indonesian MP has resigned from Parliament after a mobile phone clip of him cavorting naked in a hotel room with a popular singer was passed from phone to phone around the country and ended up on the internet.

In what is being billed as Indonesia’s first real political sex scandal, Yahya Zaini tendered his resignation this morning after a meeting last night with leaders of his Golkar party.

“In his letter, Zaini also offers apologies to all fellow lawmakers if his behaviour has damaged the image of the Parliament,” Agung Laksono, the House Speaker, told reporters.

The shaky one-minute video shows Mr Zaini and Maria Eva, a “dangdut” or Indonesian folk singer, frolicking naked and climbing into bed with each other. It leaked out onto the internet last week, forcing Mr Zaini, who is married, to resign as head of religious affairs with Golkar, the largest party in the predominantly Muslim nation.

Ms Eva, a former Golkar campaigner, made a tearful appearance on television earlier this week in which she admitted taking the footage with her mobile phone camera, but denied distributing it, saying that she had lost her phone, see story

http://nursestaffingbusiness.blogspot.com
    Last edited by mrClen; 01-10-2007 at 11:42 PM.
    GuiltyXGear

jesus, talk about embarrassing. that guy's life is over, no more marriage, no more job, no more honor. i really feel for him, just goes to show what one night's irresponsibility can do to ya. poor guy

P.S., what's this doing on ultimate car page.com? haha

it's in Miscellaneous anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mrClen

see clip: REMOVED!!!
    Haha, thats quick moderation, only 5 mins after the thread was posted!
    Thumbs up to the mod squad
    Prototype-X.

Ah c'mon Jack. I wanted to see it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

yeah and that zaini dude, penis is small.. and i was embarrassed, but then again.. this thing used to happend in my beloved Indonesia...
    180 kph on a Hyundai Trajet

That sucks for him. He didn't even have any bad intentions, other than cheating on his wife. Bet he didn't see that one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    That sucks for him. He didn't even have any bad intentions, other than cheating on his wife. Bet he didn't see that one coming.
    being head of religious affairs of the Golkar party, surely means that he has to follow islamic values...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

In terms of grounds for resignation in politics: cavorting naked > unlawful breaches of human rights, illegal wars, etc...
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Good thing that he resigned.... in M'sia, most such scandals involves in extensive media coverage, public outroar, then a simple "No Comment" from the involvers, and in the end.... people eventually forgotten and that bugger goes on with his sweet life.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Thread Information