Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Petersen/White Lightning to Contest 2007 with Ferrari F430 GT

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    That's called restricted. It's not like the rules dictate a maximum compression ratio for example.
    The road going F430 was detuned to a 4.0 litre for this race class, this is called detuning.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    The road going F430 was detuned to a 4.0 litre for this race class, this is called detuning.
    it was reduced in size, not detuned.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    The road going F430 was detuned to a 4.0 litre for this race class, this is called detuning.
    No that's call resizing. Furthermore it was done to get the maximum performance out of the engine, so calling it detuning is just plain silly. Panoz have gone another route; by making their car heavier they can still run wider restrictors despite having a 4.6 litre engine.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

    (Ted Joans)

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,416
    Furthermore it porbably runs a higher compression, freer exhaust, more agressive engine mapping, and so on... so hardly what I'd call detuned...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Furthermore it porbably runs a higher compression, freer exhaust, more agressive engine mapping, and so on... so hardly what I'd call detuned...
    It is still a highly tuned engine, agreed, yet it produces less HP and torque than the road car.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    It is still a highly tuned engine, agreed, yet it produces less HP and torque than the road car.
    Yes that's because the air-intake is restricted. If the racing car's engine could breath freely, it would easily produce more horsepower than the road car.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

    (Ted Joans)

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    It is still a highly tuned engine, agreed, yet it produces less HP and torque than the road car.
    Look at it this way, what kind power and torque figures do you think it'd produce a 4-litre version of the 4.3-litre V8 in road car with the restrictors of the race car in it...?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Yes that's because the air-intake is restricted. If the racing car's engine could breath freely, it would easily produce more horsepower than the road car.
    Pure conjecture.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Pure conjecture.
    You do know how an internal combustion engine works right?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

    (Ted Joans)

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    You do know how an internal combustion engine works right?
    You do have proof to substantiate your statement, right?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    You do have proof to substantiate your statement, right?
    What exactly is your point? You lost this arguement many posts ago and yet continue to act like a big baby trying to get your way. The F430 GTC engine is not a detuned version of the F430 road car engine.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

    (Ted Joans)

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    What exactly is your point? You lost this arguement many posts ago and yet continue to act like a big baby to get your way. The F430 GTC engine is not a detuned version of the F430 road car engine.
    Yes it is.

    Now cut the personal attacks.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Look at it this way, what kind power and torque figures do you think it'd produce a 4-litre version of the 4.3-litre V8 in road car with the restrictors of the race car in it...?
    Less than the 4.3 so in effect it would be detuned.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Yes it is.

    Now cut the personal attacks.
    How is a detailed description of your behaviour a personal attack? This post again proves that you are acting like a big baby.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

    (Ted Joans)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,312
    guys, try to develop some X-mas thoughts
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Really useful performance listings...
    By Egg Nog in forum Technical forums
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM
  2. My new list of Ferrari Pictures
    By DarkPhenix in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 05:21 PM
  3. Ferrari F430 vs Lamborghini Gallardo
    By mx512p in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 04:57 PM
  4. FIA to ensure total Ferrari domination untill 2007
    By Coventrysucks in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •