Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lambo Race scene...

If you're going to chop a LP640, do it like MPower22 did because maybe being a little realistic and knowing an LP640 car would look more like the R-GT instead of a BMW M1 w/ Fina would help.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    What was that famous guy's name that made an entire canvas in just one shade of blue. They called that art too.

Mark Rothko

His paintings sold for upwards of $ 250,000 each, today a Rothko is worth Millions !
    ...& you all think I am insane ?....LMFAO all the way to the Bank !

---"do it like MPower22 did because maybe being a little realistic"

THAT is exactly what I will NEVER do, I do not like the "cut & paste look " of his chop at all.

THIS is the way I see it ;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-23-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    MDM, you must be out of your F U C K I N G mind. seriously, you must be certifiably insane.

....totally uncalled for comment there Pal.
    Not that I give a shit, but posts like that should be excised.

BUT...if I am insane as you state, then there ar ALOT of other people out there who must be too.
    (These are the stats form my website traffic from end of July when it went up until right NOW !)....;

July, 2006

August, 2006

September, 2006

October, 2006

November, 2006

December, 2006

Total

100%
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-23-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    THIS is the way I see it ;
    looks like an acid trip gone horribly wrong

"as all i see is colors and earnhart... dear god, save me"
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

AS stated, Art Is "Highly Subjective", if the Earndhart pix dont strike your fancy, maybe one of these does then ?

i love the "art is 'highly subjective'" defense you use every time someone questions the quality of your work. if you were to clarify the intent of your artwork, or the "feel/vibe" that you intend to provoke with whatever picture is in question, that would be very helpful.
    above there's a picture of a rocket launching in the distance behind a mustang. why those two are paired together is a mystery. that being said, i won't question the scenario being presented, because (hopefully) there is some artistic reason beyond my humble capabilities of understanding that would explain it, but why would the driver's side window be showing some strange reflection while the others are transparent?
    i am definately not your target market and i agree that art is subjective, but i also believe that if you're getting paid thousands of dollars for a painting/picture, every stroke/pixel should serve some purpose. what, then, is the purpose of having a rocket launch behind the mustang? to invoke a feeling of power? american pride? to imply that flooring the loud pedal in the mustang will produce a similar fire and smoke display?
    the camaro and audi similarly do nothing to evoke any emotion other than puzzlement, and if that is the intended effect, save yourself the time and just draw a blivet ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_object ).

oh ps
    i actually kinda like the dale earnhart pic, although it looks like there is a ninja in the center
    Last edited by Zorlox; 12-23-2006 at 03:18 PM.

AS stated, Art Is "Highly Subjective", if the Earndhart pix dont strike your fancy, maybe one of these does then ?
    I like the Audi. Except for the fact the door is open, and its not only open, its a damn lambo door.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Zorlox,...I dunno why the rocket is there, next time I talk to the artist who did it I' ll ask him !

...the only ONE I did in that group of 3 was the Audi.

AND THAT proves my point here, Art Is Highly Subjective,it is not an excuse it is TRUTH.

You just tore apart some guys picture, thinking it was mine. He IS one of my Artists in the Studio, so is the other picture there too. But you all have really gone over the edge working to crit my work....!!!

Ok, ya I did set you up for it Itentionally, because that is exactly what I am saying, Intent creates, copying imitates.

LOL.

Anyway, if you need your Art expalined to you, then here is my INTENT with the Lambo race scene, from the start I NEVER intended that Lambo to be out front, wanted to show it coming up on slower cars and gettin "Brake Checked" just before a slight curve,
    so....Work in progress:

Maybe it'd be art if everything didn't look so damn unrealistic. It all looks like cut and pasted crap used with photoshop....

Oh wait. It is.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    What was that famous guy's name that made an entire canvas in just one shade of blue. They called that art too.
    He was proving a point. It actually meant something. I can't remember his name at the moment though.

MDM's work doesn't inspire any thought or emotion. It isn't art, at least not in the classical sense. It ends up that it's nothing more than second or third rate graphic design done by someone who seems a little full of himself. I don't have a problem with MDM, I just think that he needs to accept and implement everyone's advice.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 12-23-2006 at 05:14 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    He was proving a point. I don't have a problem with MDM, I just think that he needs to accept and implement everyone's advice.

NOT. I would then be making work that looked like everybody else. Over 100,000 people, so far basically disagree with your assesment too, & I have yet to launch the TV shows and regular racing perfromance exhibitions ....We are the leading auto art studio in creative Digital Painting.
    So you do the Math, ....there are several Major Corporations who already have, and are on board with us in the Studio Art ventures .

So how's that being "full of oneself" when it is just fact.

OH, & here's an Earndhardt ....sans "ninja" we have several versions of this picture as it is Very Popular !
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-23-2006 at 05:41 PM.

You just tore apart some guys picture, thinking it was mine. He IS one of my Artists in the Studio, so is the other picture there too. But you all have really gone over the edge working to crit my work....!!![/I][/U]
    whether the work is yours or not doesn't affect the way i feel about it; nowhere did i personally attack you so settle down. you should also know that i was censoring myself - if i had no regard for social standards and any feelings you may have, i wouldn't think twice about listing every flaw in the work you do.

I did set you up for it Itentionally, because that is exactly what I am saying, Intent creates, copying imitates.

LOL.
    you set me up for what?
    photoshopping involves a lot of copying, so how is copying a dozen things, modifying them a bit, and then making it look pixelated/blurry/whatever creating and not imitating?

also, hits on a site do not directly correspond to that site being great or the content the site is distributing being of any certain quality. check out tila tequila, she gets that many hits in a day and she hasn't done anything worthwhile

Thread Information