Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife is brave, and getting well!!!

Very glad to here the news Doug! Wish you and your wife well!

That's brilliant.

You deserved it.

Now, after we've supported you, can you post some more here? I want to hear more about that stealth Cortina/whatever Ford it was that you had!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    That's brilliant.

You deserved it.

Now, after we've supported you, can you post some more here? I want to hear more about that stealth Cortina/whatever Ford it was that you had!
    Lol, I agree Great news to here mate! Happy new for you indeed
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Congratulations doug! I am so pleased to hear shes strongly on the up!

May 2007 be the best for you and terry.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I've been following this thread since the beginning... and it fills my heart with joy to read such news.

Happy new year to you and your wife. You both deserve it!

This is awesome news to hear! Happy New Year and best of luck to you and Terry on the road to recovery. Relish this second chance at life as many, too many infact, don't get that second chance.

Let me join the chorus of best wishes and hearfelt joy on your good news.

Say hi to Terry from all at UCP !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Excellent! It's amazing when things that look this bad turn for the better in such a fast way. Congratulations! Do you have an estimated date for her leaving the hospital? I think you should show her this thread when possible, it will make her happy.
    Zag when they Zig

Congratulations Doug.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thats brilliant news.

Great to see your support has had the wonderful pay off of her coming home healthy
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

That is absolutely amazing. Those are very joyful and emotional words. I hope you're feeling that moment as deeply as you did with the worst ones. You deserve this for having kept your hopes high and never giving up, even when Terry did.
    This thread will stand as a monument to the love for live.

My votes of a fast and complete recovery.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Excellent news, very happy to hear it !!

Terry's recovery appears to be accelerating.

They took away the respirator this morning and plugged her directly into the O2 wall socket, feeding the O2 through the Trachy, and she's breathed by herself all day. The doc is contemplating having the Trachy removed tomorrow if her breathing improves some more. Then maybe she can talk, this lip-reading thing seriously sucks and could precipitate a divorce if I give her one more blank look and shake of the head to show I didn't have a clue what she said!

Today is the second day without dialysis, her kidney is picking up pretty well but some more improvement is necessary for her to become a "stand-alone" person again.

I can't use the idiom "weak as a kitten" because a kitten would KO her in the 1st round. However, she is able to lift her head off the pillow unaided and although shaky, she can lift her arms and make small gestures, point to letters on the alphabet chart and even with a bit of hit-n-miss effort, scratch her nose.

Feeding is still mainly intra-venous, with an unappetising white gunge packed with nutrients being pumped directly into her bloodstream, but there's also an equally unappetising brown nutritious gunge being pumped directly into her stomach via a tube up her nose, at a rate of 4 teaspoons per hour. Doesn't take well to this and gets sick often. Without the respirator, she could take small quantities of water by mouth today.

She has enough interest in what's going on around her to insist on wearing her glasses all day, I just take them off and put them away when I leave for the night. Just wants to focus on the world she intends to rejoin I guess.

Not earth shaking stuff perhaps but taken together they indicate a step-change in her condition.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Dude. this stuff is pretty earth shaking. considering a few days ago you were contemplating having to bury your loved one. this is honestly the most uplifting thing i've read in a long, long time.

obviously my praying to the spongebob god's helped

Seriously - Soon she'll hopefully be the Terry you know and love.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

bit puzzled by your reference to a "divorce" though..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information