Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife is brave, and getting well!!!

Many thanks again to all.

There is no change to Terry's condition today, except I won the battle, via the hospital matron, to have all the elastoplast removed with some special stuff and replaced with more tissue-skin friendly stuff and managed to get her hair washed, she was worried about this before she collapsed as she was too weak to have a shower.

Took a break from the hospital tonight. One of my daughters cooked a Christmas Eve dinner for the family at her place. It was subdued, sad and tearful, but wonderful (not to mention my 1st cooked meal in a week).

I wish you all a very wonderful and special Christmas with your families.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Lots of luck and hope to you and the Mrs.

Have a very Merry Christmas and happy and healthy new year.

This breaks my heart, to be honest. It's a terrible thing to happen, without it being around the time of 'peace and good will to all mankind' (yeah, right).

Probably one of the more illuminating threads on this forum, to be honest. Be grateful for what you have, everybody.

Doug, remember the good times you had. Your wife wouldn't have it any other way, I think. Treasure those memories, never lock them away in a box in your heart somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    This breaks my heart, to be honest.
    I feel exactly the same. Sometimes I can't even continue reading it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I feel very sorry for you and your family. I know you can pull through this, and I know that you'll do the right thing. Just hold on to the good times. I did that when a very close friend of mine died in a motorcycle accident and it really helps to relieve some of the pain of the situation. My prayers are with you.

The best to you and your family.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Ive had a few friends die and its very hard I know what its like to put on a fake smile even though on the inside its tearing you apart. My prayers go out to you and your family.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Gosh, I never expected the outpouring of concern that I've received. I posted this on a few forums where I am a member and all you guys have given me hours of reading to take my mind off my sad situation for awhile. Reading your posts has been a bit gut-wrenching, but more importantly uplifting. I'd thank each of you personally, but that would take several hours, so please forgive me saying "My heartfelt thanks and appreciation to everyone!"

I spent my Christmas day in the hospital ICU with Terry and was overjoyed to receive a wonderful Christmas present from her. While speaking to her as I usually do she popped above the surface, only for a few seconds, but it was enough to show she heard me and she nodded her head in answer to a couple of questions before drifting away again. One question that got a negative shake of her head was: "Are you feeling any pain?" That's the most brilliant piece of information I've had throughout this ordeal!

Amazing that after 32 years together, a couple of extra seconds could be so precious!

Unfortunately though, there is no improvement to her condition and she is still critical.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

The chamber of horrors where Terry and I spent Christmas Day.

No, I wasn't feeling morbid, one day when she's well again, I want to show her what she endured, then maybe she won't object to a little, relatively harmless, preventative treatment.
    Doug

Oh my god, this is so sad.

Unfortunately I know that sort of room all too well...
    See if you can do some small decorations in there. It'll mean a lot to her to make it look less of a chamber of horror, and more like a room of recovery.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    Unfortunately I know that sort of room all too well...
    See if you can do some small decorations in there. It'll mean a lot to her to make it look less of a chamber of horror, and more like a room of recovery.
    Thankfully, she can't see the room.
    Doug

Doug, how soon, at the earliest, can she be home?

She communicated with you even if it was ever so briefly Doug, I would call that an improvement no matter what the doctors say, love can work miracles!! Hang in there!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Keep hanging in there Doug. To know you were there when she she came up must have been wonderful for her.

If she has communicated then that is a great sign.

We all want to hear the news that she is coming home with you and well on the way to recovery.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information