Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife is brave, and getting well!!!

Those are amazing news! I'm very happy with that. Seems like now she got the hold on her recover and since now her will starts making a difference, there's no way to avoid that strong woman and her great husband of winning this battle.

I'm really happy for you both.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Good news Doug. Time to pass the keyboard to Terry so we can all say "HI"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

That is brilliant, Doug. I hope and pray she continues to improve as time passes.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Outride happened today.

Joined by our 2 daughters plus 1’s SO & 1’s family, I took Terry to the Lion Park. The thinking was that she didn’t have to get out the car and could spend the day in a comfy car seat, plus aircon, instead of the not-so-comfy wheelchair, plus blistering heatwave. We happened upon feeding time so there was plenty of hungry Lion action.

The day was great, especially considering that a short while ago, I didn’t think there would ever be such a day with her again. We found with the aid of a bridging board, it wasn’t such a mission to transfer Terry from the wheelchair to the car and out again. My biggest fear was that she’d need the toilet ‘cause the Lion Park doesn’t have one for the disabled. Funny how I’ve started noticing such things. They also don’t have pathways or level ground in their picnic area and we got bogged down in the stone chips they’ve laid down. The only way a wheelchair could get through was in reverse.

My picnic basket wasn’t too imaginative but fortunately daughter came to the rescue with some fancy stuff.

Next week, I reckon I’ll bring her home for the day. Once she gets to standing a little, needed for easier toilet transfer, we could make that the whole weekend.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

TERRY WALKED!!! Unaided by human hands.

She was given a gym exercise yesterday by the Physio, which involved getting her legs off the "plinth" (hard exercise bed), and standing. There was a walking frame in front of her for support and when she had stood up, and seeing the Physio wasn't watching, she shuffled across the gym.

When the Physio saw her she freaked out, telling Terry she wasn't ready for that yet, had a lot more building up to do first and had to take it slower.

True enough, her energy reservoir was depleted and she was unable to successfully complete her morning's gym regime, but what an incentive to carry on!!
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

That's brilliant dude!!!!!!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I wish you and you wife all the best.
    I have been through the same thing with a girlfriend, couldnt imagine how you must feel thought.
    3 cheers for doug. keep strong.

Dear Doug: I've decided to change the thread title since intensive care is becoming, everyday a bit more, a thing of the past.

These victories of love, hope and courage, definately deserved a better and more positive thread title.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Way to go Terry, keep up the fast recovery
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

I'm glad she's recovering. Hope she make's a full and speedy recovery.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Doug, you need to get her on here sometime to say 'hi'

Best of British luck.

ROFL Thanks McReis, I like it!

Terry's got a Saturday and a Sunday pass this weekend. She has to go back for Saturday night, but the rest of the weekend, she's home. Cool!
    Doug

I read the whole thread again, and I must say, I am truly happy for you and your wife, Doug. Wonderful news! Your wife is one of the toughest person on earth, I admire her. I was feeling a bit sad today but now that I have read the whole thread, I feel great. I feel great for both of you. I hope things will continue to go in such an incredible way.

Keep up with the good news!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Love the new thread name!

And it's great to hear she's getting better by the day!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

This Thread's name now conjures up hope. McReis you are the Man.

Doug, I am super happy for you and Terry. All of this work, and pain and hurt is going to end on the note that it deserves to be. Happiness and Joy. You are a blessed man for having fought so hard for her. She is a blessed woman for having the strength and the courage to beat back the odds, and to face life with energy and vigor. Keep the faith Doug and Terry!!!!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Thread Information