Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife is brave, and getting well!!!

This is honestly one of the most fantastic things i've read all year. My continued prayers go yours, and your wifes, way.

May the next few days be nothing but positive
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread
    To those praying for her, please focus on this moment.
    I'm hoping for the best and very optimistic.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Good news for all of us then!

I'm off for a few days but you can be sure my thoughts and prayers will be with you, your wife and your familiy this year end. I hope to hear great news when I return. Remain strong!
    Zag when they Zig

Arrrgh! How many more carrots are going to be dangled and then snatched away?! Respirator tube is still in, something about there still being too much fluid in her lungs. We'll see tomorrow after dialysis has removed more fluid from her body says Doc.

All in all, a bad day, she experienced pain, discomfort and nausea. In fact she puked but laying on her back too weak to move, all she could do is indicate to me something was wrong and I had to start the 20-question game, unsuccessful until I heard the gurgle. I yelled for the sister and she arrived just as it filled her mouth and overflowed, and suctioned it out. Her airflow wasn't interupted because of the tube, but what if it had been removed and no one nearby?!!! Something new to worry about.

Today was my 9th straight 12 hour shift and I think I'm getting a little edgy. Today's ward sister, fresh from holiday, tried to tell me I can't be there and reminded me when visiting hours are..... she got both barrels between the eyes and left me alone after that. But hey, she was just doing her job. My brother in law popped in at 7pm and proceeded to cross question me about had I done this, that and the next thing to make his sister comfortable? I had to excuse myself and go for a smokebreak or I don't know what I might have said or done. But hey, he's just concerned about his sister.

Law of averages says something HAS to go right tomorrow! Right?
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Visiting hours are for everyday visitors. You're her husband.
    I don't know how it works down in SA, but here if you're family, and you're not in the way, you can stay as long as you like. But irregardless we had fights with some of the nurses and some of the doctors over treatments and rules etc. and I suppose you will too in the times to come. Just keep being strong man. She needs you to fight for her.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Law of averages says something HAS to go right tomorrow! Right?
    Or not.

They gave her the dreaded Trachyotomy today and I in my 'guardian' capacity had to sign for it, like I had a choice. Still have to go a little ways down before we start on the way up again.

On the upside, the respirator works a bit better through the Trachy and breathing is easer. Also she looks a lot better without the big tube and it's ties, in and around her mouth.

She was trying to talk today but it was a frustrating time. Where can I get quick lessons on how to lip-read?

Cost me 400 bucks to call out an electrician tonight to find out why my earth leakage tripped and wouldn't reset. Turns out it was a plumbing problem, a split in the dishwasher drain pipe caused water to spray onto a plug behind the washing machine & tumble drier. I would never have looked there in a million years, especially since they are not in use at the moment. Cleaning up the mess and rerouting the cables will give me some time off from the hospital tomorrow. Ok, own up, who prayed for this to get me some down-time?
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    Things are looking better... Good for you!
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

My best to all for 2007. Fact is, you've all helped tremendously in just being there for me to vent and for the amazing projection of goodwill and positive vibes for my and Terry's wellbeing. Kudo's and my warmest appreciation.

Things were better today. Although the Trachy is ugly and very painful, her breathing improved a lot, so much so that while she's awake, the respirator is switched to "standby" and it only kicks in if she dozes off and it senses she's breathing too weakly. Managed to get a smile out of her today which is a good and hopeful note on which to end off 2006.

Seems a bit odd sitting here alone in an empty house waiting for 2007, but let me take this opportunity, on behalf of Terry and I, to wish you and yours the very best for the new year and, may you and your loved ones cherish one another, just because you can. Give someone a hug from me OK? If that someone is female and drop-dead gorgeous.... so much the better.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread
    My best to all for 2007. Fact is, you've all helped tremendously in just being there for me to vent and for the amazing projection of goodwill and positive vibes for my and Terry's wellbeing. Kudo's and my warmest appreciation.

Things were better today. Although the Trachy is ugly and very painful, her breathing improved a lot, so much so that while she's awake, the respirator is switched to "standby" and it only kicks in if she dozes off and it senses she's breathing too weakly. Managed to get a smile out of her today which is a good and hopeful note on which to end off 2006.

Seems a bit odd sitting here alone in an empty house waiting for 2007, but let me take this opportunity, on behalf of Terry and I, to wish you and yours the very best for the new year and, may you and your loved ones cherish one another, just because you can. Give someone a hug from me OK? If that someone is female and drop-dead gorgeous.... so much the better.
    I wish you all the necessary strength to get 2007 going in the way you and your wife want it to happen. All the best for you and Terry and be sure that you will continue to be in our thoughts.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Hopefully things get better in the new year for you and Terry.
    The trach will heal and not irritate quickly and removes many concerns for the future.
    Best wishes and prayers for all from Scotland.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Best wishes from the Big Island Down Under. Let's hope 2007 is one of rest and recovery for yourself and your Terry.

Keep Smiling if your positive she's positive. it's a proven fact.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The smile is great news as is her need for reduced help with breathing and lower pain.

You are being amazingly strong through this and even when things have been less than perfect you have kept your chin up and been there for her.

She couldn't dream of someone better by her side as she gets through this and returns to health and happiness.

Looking forward to a healthy and hospital free 2007, for you, Terry and all UCPers
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

I'm very happy for you and Terry with the positive ending to the year. Have a happy '07 and I will give someone a hug from you, and she is drop-dead gorgeous .

Reading the last few pages, it sounds like things are improving - if only a little. I hope all goes well in the next few days and you and Terry have a much better start to 2007 than the last few weeks of 2006.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Happy New Year man, best wishes to you and your family for the year ahead
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information