Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw VW Bora in the states-very nice...

Saw VW Bora in the states-very nice...

In the parking lot at work today was a VW Bora, looked like a 05 or 04, just before the design changed to the present Jetta. Very nice car, looked like 17" wheels, a very plain interior, noticed a six speed, a lower stance, and what looked like the "S" badges on Audi's. It also had discreet badging that said something like "charismato" or something, I wish I had my camera but no such luck. Did many of these make it into the states? Isn't it the Jetta GLI European version, or is htere somehting more to it? Just wondering. Very sharp car.

it said bora? did it have a european licence plate? I once saw a opel corsa in the states w/ a euro licence plate. sr i couldn't get pics, it was all 2 sudden
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

i think this is just a guy who has purchased the badges and rebaged his jetta, b/c to my knoweledge, its just an issue of naming, sort of like how our RSX is the integra overseas or the Lexus IS cars are toyota altezzas.

It was just a Jetta with a Bora badge on it. VW nerds do it all the time so they can be more Euro.

Might have been a Mexican sold Bora. We have both the Bora and the Jetta on sale here.

Here is the link to VW's web site in Mexico: http://www.vw.com.mx/CWE/home/HOM001Inicio/
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    It was just a Jetta with a Bora badge on it.

Yeah, I have seen that more than once. Pointless in my opinion. its still the same crappy car.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    Yeah, I have seen that more than once. Pointless in my opinion. its still the same crappy car.
    I wouldn't say crappy, but yeah, it's the same car.

Oh, by the way: My uncle lives in Burlington and has a Silver G35 Coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    I drive one, thanks. Its far more solid and of higher quality than anything else I tested in that price range.

I hate people who do this, from people who rebadge their RSXs to Integra Type-Rs, and so on.

There's a Bora badged Jetta in my town, and I got into an argument with a friend about how it's not a Jetta, it's a different car.... sigh.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

my mum has a bora, it's an OK car, obviously getting that Q7 S-line woulda been much nicer, but i'll survive , my dad just wanted an S-Class

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Might have been a Mexican sold Bora. We have both the Bora and the Jetta on sale here.

Here is the link to VW's web site in Mexico: http://www.vw.com.mx/CWE/home/HOM001Inicio/
    So our Bora is your Jetta and our Jetta is your Bora? That's just crrrrazy.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    So our Bora is your Jetta and our Jetta is your Bora? That's just crrrrazy.
    The badging war

Beautiful, isn't it?

I remember when we had the Vento, and the Yanks had the Jetta with Mk. III lights- probably the biggest difference in the Euro/Yank Jetta debacle yet.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I remember when we had the Vento, and the Yanks had the Jetta with Mk. III lights
    Weren't they just the same car? I thought they had our Vento exactly the same, just still badged Jetta. Just like (cue embaressing reference) the white one in F&F. That's just a Vento, no?

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Weren't they just the same car? I thought they had our Vento exactly the same, just still badged Jetta. Just like (cue embaressing reference) the white one in F&F. That's just a Vento, no?
    The one in F&F had the Mk. III Golf lights... could have been an aftermarket fit, I suppose, as I'm finding it difficult to locate a Mk. III Jetta with the Golf lights!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    It was just a Jetta with a Bora badge on it. VW nerds do it all the time so they can be more Euro.
    Ftw. And I make fun of people who put Vento/Bora badges on their Jettas.

The F&F Jetta had a Wings West kit and Strictly Foreign headlight/hood conversion. It was based off Hella's dual round headlights.
    Last edited by Quiggs; 12-24-2006 at 08:38 AM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information