Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked: Jaguar C-XF concept

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    So this is the proposed S-Type? ...I liked that other concept better, this looks too sporty for an S type...
    Jaguar is sporty. The fact that there were some stupid cars (like the S-Type) doesn't hide the fact that Jaguars were a blend of sport and luxury, instead of only luxury (a similar thing happened to Lancia). As for the car I'll reserve judgement until the production car comes out.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Indeed. Looks like a Lexus that was raped by an Aston Martin.
    It's hard to imagine how that one could be consenual...

Also, I guess it's official. Aston Martin "Design DNA" has become "British Design DNA." It could certainly be worse.

This concept has oodles — and I reserve use of the word 'oodles' for when it's really necessary — of agression. I hope it gets toned down a bit before it goes into production, but agressive is the way the tide of design is turning; when people aren't making cars that look like cappybaras, that is.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Re the comment saying that it looks like a Lexus raped by an Aston....surely that's the exact mix that Jag needs to move to to re-establish its place in the market. The retro look of the S-Type, and to a certain extent the XJ and X-Type, simply isn't attracting enough buyers to keep Jag alive much longer.

Hell, it's living off a Land Rover's profits at the moment. This, combined with the interested in the brand created by the new XK should do the trick.

I'd love to see the handle-less doors make it into production, but that's probably the one feature gauranteed to be ditched for the real XF. I'm looking forward to seeing the facelifted XJ that's been spied recently. I hope that some of the design themes shown on the C-XF are carried over to the XJ, keeping some form of similarity between the models. Otherwise Jag will have 4 cars with 3 different 'faces'. That doesn't help to establish the brand image in a market where all other brands have a common face/grille across their range.

DC

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Jaguar is sporty. The fact that there were some stupid cars (like the S-Type) doesn't hide the fact that Jaguars were a blend of sport and luxury, instead of only luxury (a similar thing happened to Lancia). As for the car I'll reserve judgement until the production car comes out.
    I just think they went a little overboard on the sports side.

It looks like it should be part of the Fisker lineup.

Too much Aston Martin influence. It sure isn't ugly, but it looks like it reminds me too much of Astons as of lately, and the new XK too. All of them were made by him and they all look similar. Too similar in fact.

Looks great, IMO, not very British looking - but much more defined than the current line-up. I reckon it'd look more Jag in British Racing Green....
    Last edited by Monty_Burns; 12-28-2006 at 02:28 AM.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Nissan

Jaguar - Space, Grace and Pace.

It would appear that whatever they do stylistically they are damned by armchair-critics.

"Too retro, too stuffy, too boring!"

"Too Aston (but not British?!), too modern, too dynamic!"

It clearly moves Jaguar away from the subtle evolution of classic hallmarks, with a single, dynamic leap into line alongside the vanguard of contemporary British culture.
    Thanks for all the fish

The only thing I remotely dislike is that odd looking grill. Though the overall shape of it isn't bad. I am sure that the actual road-going XF will be slightly more traditional, and, therefore, a bit better looking. I think that the details let this car down, because in profile it look good and at a glance it looks quite nice.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Jaguar - Space, Grace and Pace.

It would appear that whatever they do stylistically they are damned by armchair-critics.

"Too retro, too stuffy, too boring!"

"Too Aston (but not British?!), too modern, too dynamic!"

It clearly moves Jaguar away from the subtle evolution of classic hallmarks, with a single, dynamic leap into line alongside the vanguard of contemporary British culture.
    FINALLY!!! someone with some common sense has spoken, and i agree with you 100%... it suddenly makes the S-Type look ancient plus it takes Jaguar design into the future...

I think Coventry has a handle on it. The grill is a bit, well, confusing, but otherwise it's a very interesting design, and I can see it with one of those chrome panthers on the hood (grill aside).

And these days, the "Aston look" is the new British look. I can't remember who penned the new XK (Ian Callum?) but they openly admitted the constrictions and regulations of the international auto market (And whatever the "premium brand" designers and engineers have to do to their dream projects to get Ford's okie-dokie, I suspect), leave only so many ways to build a front-engined GT.

He was talking, of course, about layout and proportions. (goodby, low-slung bonnets) I'm sure sedans, or saloons, or, as we call them in the states, brothels, follow the same logic.

Of course, Callum's XK is also said to look "like a pervert pouting through a gimp mask," and also like a late-90's Ford Taurus, but hell, nobody's perfect.
    I'm erudite ;-)

I think JC summed up the whole "Everything-looking-like-Astons" thing quite well when talking about the new XK: "Some people have criticised it for looking to like an Aston Martin. Are they mad? That's like criticsing a bloke for looking too like Brad Pitt."

i concur with 2ndCC. its still a sexy car!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

so much for leaked...its on msn.com...
    United States of Trance

Quote Originally Posted by BMW_Trance
    so much for leaked...its on msn.com...
    Have you realized how far behind MSN is about cars? This news was given last year. So much for "automotive" reporters. They can't even keep up with the news.

Thread Information