Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (X360)

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (X360)

First BIA for the Xbox 360 but the 3rd of the series, based around WWII but is different to the COD series mainly due to the fact of you (the player) being the leader of a 7 man sqaud.. Been watching the progress of the game over the months and to be honest I can't wait! says the due date is March 31 2007 for the UK members and for the US it's said to be between Janurary and March.. Will keep the thread updated with screen shots press release interviews ..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

GC 2006: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

(Extracted from IGN)..

US, August 28, 2006 - In a private room behind closed doors in the Ubisoft booth at this year's Games Convention, we met with the usual suspects -- Gearbox President Randy Pitchford and military advisor Colonel John Antal -- to see a demo of Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. Even though it was the same level we saw at E3, it was the first time we've seen Hell's Highway playing on the PC. Randy was also talking a bit about the PS3 version during the demo, so we do have a few new things to report.

The first thing we noticed when the game started up was that Randy was driving the demo with an Xbox 360 controller. We were indeed watching the PC version of the game in action, but Randy explained that it was easier to demo with a gamepad rather than playing with the mouse and keyboard. This is also something you'll be able to do very soon with your own PC as Microsoft will be releasing a wireless receiver that should work with all the Xbox 360 accessories this fall.

If you're familiar with the other games in the series, and if you consider yourself a true gamer then you certainly should be, you already know that the Brothers in Arms series focuses on the events of World War II. In the previous titles in the franchise, Gearbox has taken us to France and Germany. The demo we saw in Leipzig focused on Operation Market Garden, which took place in Holland. We've already outlined most of the details of the demo in our Pre-E3 and E3 events, but we can tell you a bit more about the platform differences we learned about in Germany.

War is hell, but it sure is purty!
    When asked about the graphical differences between the versions, Randy said that the PC and next-gen console versions will look pretty comparable, with only subtle differences separating them. He did say that the X360 and PS3 versions will look slightly better than the XP version, but that the Vista-based DirectX 10 version will look the best. While there is no specific release date as of yet, Randy said that the game may launch before Vista is available for the general public. However, Gearbox is already working with the Vista tools, so they will include the code in the box so you can upgrade your PC version to the full DX10 effects when Vista is released.

Randy also said that Gearbox now has final PS3 hardware in the office and that the PS3 version of the game is feature complete at this point. He also told us that Gearbox was tinkering around with the PS3 controller's motion-sensing technology and debating whether to include it in the game or not. He said, if they use it, it would most likely be in the driving portions of the game, which would allow you to control vehicles by turning the controller. However, he did make it clear that there were no promises at this point. As Randy explained, "If we can nail it, we'll include it."

So far we've only seen the single-player portion of the game, but we do know that the game will include a multiplayer mode, and you'll be able to play co-op online. However, you won't be able to play cross-platform between the Xbox 360 and PC. Randy said that Gearbox would love to do it and that the code to make the PC and Xbox 360 play together online would be fairly easy, but Microsoft doesn't want to allow cross-platform gaming at this point.

I have to admit it was a bit awkward seeing Randy tear through dozens of German soldiers as I was surrounded by a horde of German journalists, but even they seemed excited by how the game is turning out.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

the graphics engine looks hardly any different. that was the problem with BIA 2. it used the same graphics as the first. But there is some change in those screenshots. The setup for BIA in the previous editions was very good, in the way you control your squad. Like a WWII rainbow six. But ill have to play this one to really tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    the graphics engine looks hardly any different. that was the problem with BIA 2. it used the same graphics as the first. But there is some change in those screenshots. The setup for BIA in the previous editions was very good, in the way you control your squad. Like a WWII rainbow six. But ill have to play this one to really tell.
    The graphics from these screen shots shouldn't be trusted, they all look like one of the develper interview movies so it's not gonna be too good. But as time goes by (with most games) the graphics get better meaning better screenshots..

Some of those shots are pre-production renders; However, they aren't too disimilar to the ingame renders because they're trying to pass them off as ingame renders. The 2nd picture IS an ingame render however. Looks quite nifty, but whether the game has anything different to offer is another question. At the moment I'm guessing no marks for originality.

Looks interesting. Is it for PC? It's either this or COD3...

COD3 is absolute ass i wouldn't buy it, rent it if you must.
    i'd like to see how this turns out, if it's similar to RB6 then i'll give it a go
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

COD3 isnt even made for pc, therefore you cant take it seriously. The real developers of call of duty (identity ward) are supposedly making a modern-combat call of duty for next year. So next years WWII game war is between this and Medal of Honor: Airborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    COD3 isnt even made for pc, therefore you cant take it seriously. The real developers of call of duty (identity ward) are supposedly making a modern-combat call of duty for next year. So next years WWII game war is between this and Medal of Honor: Airborne.
    Agree, COD3 was abit of a let down, this should fill it's shoes

I'm waiting for this so bad. I recently saw a screenshot from a street sign saying "Woenselsemarkt". And that is a square in my town! So I'm really looking forward to this one...

I believe there are some buildings from my town in the game. Things like churches and so on...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    I'm waiting for this so bad. I recently saw a screenshot from a street sign saying "Woenselsemarkt". And that is a square in my town! So I'm really looking forward to this one...

I believe there are some buildings from my town in the game. Things like churches and so on...
    Dude get a 360! That way you can play with afew other members from here!! (Like me)

Thread Information