Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette Killer? Viper '08 is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    I can't make sense of what you're saying...are you sure you meant to type 'share' in that sentence?

They didn't care to share that info in the first release.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Really? So it doesn't handle well when it has lap times 2 seconds behind the Z06, and is called a more driver responsive car?

Maybe you figure out how to research.
    BTW,

Skidpad-1.00 g.
    Slalom-46.80 mph

How is that bad handling?
    Where did you get those figures? As for "more responsive" I've always read exactly the oposite. Some mags have said it posts higher numbers on a track than the 'vette, but that's not the same thing as handling. As for the lap time (What track was that?), power and torque, something the car has always had in spades, can account for that.

Whoooooooooo cares if its not as powerful as 1.3l Daihatsu at 2000 revolutions per mili-minute its a freakin' 8.4L v10!

Let your inner child feel those racing stripes flow through you like diabetes caused from a rise in childhood obesity rates from the mid 1990's due to an increase in junk food advertising during childrens programming, which is affecting the next generation of adults in a way so major it could seriously affect something.

Now that's what I call imagery.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Doesn't Maybach use the double calipers?
    I think one big problem is not enough power gets to the wheels, if you compared Z06 and Viper RWHP, the Vette makes a whole lot more.
    But the Viper has much better handling from what I hear

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    That's because AutoXBonne is packed with explosives
    Don't forget a body shell made by poor, left-handed, Ethiopian orphans out of toilet paper crapped by cats!
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

This is the part of all cars when they get battered with rumors, I will just wait for the figures. No crazy rumors or badmouthing before the vehicle has a chance to prove what it can or cannot do. As for the Z06 vs. Viper I believe the Viper is still lacking as this will be more expensive. I still love the rawness of it though so I would be all over it.

Oh and here my bad guys should have chimed in earlier.
    http://www.allpar.com/cars/viper/2008-dodge-viper.html

8.4 liters, holy shit that's alot! A supercharger would have been easier than upping the displacement.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    This is the old underachieving 8.3L SRT motor. Find me any other street engine that makes 400ft-lb at 2000rpm.
    Ok

The 2004-on FPV F6 (aka Ford Falcon) with the 4.0 litre turbo I-6 makes a restricted 550nm (405 ft/lbs) between 2000-4250rpm

It delivers 80% of its maximum torque from 1500 rpm, with over 98% available by 1750 rpm, and has 400nm (almost 300ft/lbs) at its engine idle-speed of 750rpm

Available in sedan & sporty 2-seater (shown)
    http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...04337_00mg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Available in sedan & sporty 2-seater (shown)
    http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...04337_00mg.jpg
    How dare you show a 2004 model

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26
    I can't believe american manufacturers are still making bigger and bigger engines. Not just them in fact. Come on, gas prices skyrocketed last year, they went down I know, but darn it's still a 8.4 liter engine! Not to forget Earth seems tired of all that polution.
    Sure, blame America you uninformed....person.

EVERY Ferrari and EVERY Lamborghini burns more gas and pollutes the Earth more than the current Viper. This 8.4 liter Viper is supposed to burn cleaner. Shut up, America didn't ruin your Christmas, blame Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    A supercharger would have been easier than upping the displacement.
    I'm guessing you were on the Dodge/McLaren development team and they snubbed your proven "supercharger is better" data and instead chose the natural aspiration method which must have been more expensive, heavier, and more complicated than the setup you had planned which included a supercharger. Dodge must want to waste money because they don't have real experts planning for the Viper. Dodge, an American car company, will do anything possible to reduce profit-per-vehicle...except upgrade an interior. McLaren helped them to get it wrong.

Dang....

Let me see that data of yours.
    Last edited by -What-; 12-29-2006 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -What-
    I'm guessing you were on the Dodge/McLaren development team and they snubbed your proven "supercharger is better" data and instead chose the natural aspiration method which must have been more expensive, heavier, and more complicated than the setup you had planned which included a supercharger. Dodge must want to waste money because they don't have real experts planning for the Viper. Even McLaren got it wrong.

Dang....

Let me see that data of yours.
    Hold on Sir n00b, I am pretty forgetful so can you just remind me which part of my post implied that I had 'data' that I put forward to a Dodge/ Mclaren development team? Thanks in advance

McLaren got it wrong, especially with the Supercharged SLR, which makes more power with less cylinders and less displacement (Not that I would compare an SLR with a Viper, but the concept is there)

Now sweet heart, how about in future you concentrate on quality posting, not how much sarcasm you can fit into a few sentences
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Hold on pimp, I am pretty forgetful so can you just remind me which part of my post implied that I had 'data' that I put forward to a Dodge/ Mclaren development team?
    You were pretty confident when you said...

A supercharger would have been easier than upping the displacement.
    Since you showed so much confidence in your statement, I assumed you were supported by information. Or are you a fool?

Quote Originally Posted by -What-
    Hold on pimp, I am pretty forgetful so can you just remind me which part of my post implied that I had 'data' that I put forward to a Dodge/ Mclaren development team?
    You were pretty confident when you said...

Since you showed so much confidence in your statement, I assumed you were supported by information. Or are you a fool?
    They just don't stop.

Bad excuse. I didn't know making a simple statement as I did showed so much confidence. Do you seriously expect me to have data to back up my statements. You are the fool.

Don't you dare modify my quotes. It is not only a breach of the rules, but it offends me.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information