Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Corvette Killer? Viper '08 is coming!

600hp with room to improve > 600hp in a motor within an inch of its life.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    600hp with room to improve > 600hp in a motor within an inch of its life.
    Aftermarket FTW

The after market on this Viper will be ridiculous I can assure you and all that underrated power talk will be long gone once it has taken place. Underrated stock yes, modified everyone should just move away.

People will still chose the ZO6 because it is no more than 75K. For 600 hp, the Viper will break 100,000 dollers.EASY!
    Fords suck, Chevys rule, but its Ferrari that makes me drool

Quote Originally Posted by PrevlingPushrod
    People will still chose the ZO6 because it is no more than 75K. For 600 hp, the Viper will break 100,000 dollers.EASY!
    Motortrend has estimated a MSRP of $90 thousand for the '08 Viper Coupe. Also, dealers are still getting $5 to $10 thousand over MSRP for Z06s...at least that's what they're asking for in my area. However, in other areas they are going for MSRP and below. Perhaps by this summer when the '08 Viper hits showrooms all Z06s will be at MSRP. Finally, speculators and dealers will probably drive the price of the new Viper up too.
    Last edited by evile; 01-01-2007 at 08:15 AM.

Because that extra $10,000 is going to make someone say, "Oh, I just can't stretch for the payments..." If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

My guess it that it will be equally or slightly faster than the current Z06

the main problem for the viper is weight, like some of you guys said already if dodge really wanted a Z06 killer they would need to start using carbon fiber too

the Z06 SS is supposed to have over 600hp and use even more carbon fiber...so it that is true than the new Viper is already destined to get whooped again
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Rumor has it -200lbs on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    My guess it that it will be equally or slightly faster than the current Z06

the main problem for the viper is weight, like some of you guys said already if dodge really wanted a Z06 killer they would need to start using carbon fiber too

the Z06 SS is supposed to have over 600hp and use even more carbon fiber...so it that is true than the new Viper is already destined to get whooped again
    Ill bite my tongue If the Vette SS comes out but I dont think it will. Im a hugh fan of the Vette and Id love to have a yellow C6 or a Blue C6Z. Cars are getting freaking crazy now adays.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

I'm starting to realize these two cars make a bad comparison. I mean, it is one thing to compare cars of different potential capabilities, but it is a very tricky story when comparing two cars of different desired buyers.

Just as a random example, if you can afford a Saleen S7 NA, you can most likely afford a Pagani Zonda (forget whether you can GET one). So why not just get the Zonda, which probably has better track times?

Anyways, at this point, if Dodge has not made a "Super Viper" or something made out of carbon fiber, I'd guess there was a reason. Who knows, maybe they've played with the idea, and decided that a carbon fiber "Super Viper" would be too expensive for the majority of people who buy their cars? I mean, it's already slightly easy to see that the people who buy Vipers do not buy them for the class or as "that cool car", as those who buy them, either keep them and enjoy the Viper as the car that they want more than the more luxurious options, or it quickly goes up for sale used when they realize it is too painful.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    I'm starting to realize these two cars make a bad comparison. I mean, it is one thing to compare cars of different potential capabilities, but it is a very tricky story when comparing two cars of different desired buyers.

Just as a random example, if you can afford a Saleen S7 NA, you can most likely afford a Pagani Zonda (forget whether you can GET one). So why not just get the Zonda, which probably has better track times?

Anyways, at this point, if Dodge has not made a "Super Viper" or something made out of carbon fiber, I'd guess there was a reason. Who knows, maybe they've played with the idea, and decided that a carbon fiber "Super Viper" would be too expensive for the majority of people who buy their cars? I mean, it's already slightly easy to see that the people who buy Vipers do not buy them for the class or as "that cool car", as those who buy them, either keep them and enjoy the Viper as the car that they want more than the more luxurious options, or it quickly goes up for sale used when they realize it is too painful.
    I would think Dodge is in a better position than Chevy to be using carbon fiber..yet they havent. And to say its too expensive...the Vette is LESS expensive...the viper is overpriced in comparson to the vette.

Oh well, both cars are awesome in my opinion
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Meh, who knows what the reasons are, lol (probably Matra)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I think you'll find the reason there hasn't been a CFed Viper is because Dodge decided that most of their buyers weren't fussed about it, and those that were would just go get aftermarket parts, meaning it wasn't cost-effective for Dodge to do it themselves
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

i can think of many corvette killers
    autozine.org

Why not just add a supercharger? What next, a 10 litre in 2010? But I gotta admit that beast is just pure muscle

Thread Information