Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 2006 season predictions revisited

F1 2006 season predictions revisited

Remember this thread?

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=23909

I was well overdue with the results...

Well after checking all the responses I have to declare FPV_gtho (post#22) winner...

A few other random results:

Mr.K said Button would get his first win, he did, but he also said it would open a floodgate, which didn't happen. They cancel each other out!
    Most of the people on the board voted for Kimi and McLaren, I guess we were a little disappointed there.
    A few said Button would spank Barichello and it happened.
    A few of us voted for JPM, how where we supposed to guess he would be out by mid season?!?!?
    Honda was expected to be better that they actually were.
    Coventrysucks said a lot of random stuff, he was correct on that JPM will crash into a backmarker, but I bet he never thought the backmarker would be Kimi...

Ahh, and I bet mid season that PdlR wouldn't score more points that Montoya, which didn´t happen so someone owes me.

Get ready for your 2007 predictions, the thread will be opened as soon as pre season testing is over. And it will be interesting with all the changes coming to F1.

Cheers, have a great 2007 everyone!
    Last edited by magracer; 12-29-2006 at 12:31 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

Alonso will not be champion in 2007. Kovalainen Hamilton and Kubica will be the surprises, Massa will be faster than Kimi. Those are my predictions.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

I think if BMW can put a good car under Kubica, he will not only do well, but I expect he will win a race or 2. I could see him dominating the series in 2-3 years time.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

My top-5

1. Raikkonen
    2. Alonso
    3. Massa
    4. Hamilton
    5. Kubica
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Massa is my pick for this year. He did quite a lot of errors last year, but he was getting better and better. We all know Raikkonen is an incredible driver, he was just unlucky with all the bad lucks that happened with his car at McLaren. Now he is at Ferrari, and they are known for their reliability. We'll see. I agree that Kubica and Kovalainen will be the surprises of the year. I'll watch Hamilton closely too. But honestly, I think Alonso's reign is over.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    My top-5

1. Raikkonen
    2. Alonso
    3. Massa
    4. Hamilton
    5. Kubica

Wouldnt leave Kovalainen out of top 3 . The kid is mega fast, and he´s won the race of champions a few times already. Renault has been extremely quick with the new bridgestone tires as well.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    My top-5

1. Raikkonen
    2. Alonso
    3. Massa
    4. Hamilton
    5. Kubica
    I would say it is between Alonso for the victory as well, but I think that Kimi will win this relatively easilly. I would throw in Kovalainen instead of Kubica. As for the exact order after 1 and 2, however, I am not so bold to predict as not to look stupid.
    I would say that Renault will be solid again and Heikki will do better than Fisci. Where exactly Heikki finishes, I am not sure but I will say in the top 6. Renault would probably have done damn well had Alonso not left, but I think that it is Kimi's time to shine no matter anyone else.
    I think that Kimi is owed 1 F1 championship - if not 2, or hell, on a ti ny chance if the car was good this year, 3 - by the F1 gods. Kimi is fast as **** when he and the car are on. MS quick? We will see how his record stands but this could be the first of several if not many.

I don't see 2007 as Kimi's year unfortunately. There's been too many winds of change howling at Ferrari, and I fear some growing pains are to be experienced again...

Alonso at McLaren could have some potential, but can the Merc engines deliver? Somehow I'm doubtful.

BMW's car will be improved, how much I'm not sure. Kubica will feature more often.

The Toyotas and Hondas will be strong, but as in the past not strong enough. Maybe some podiums to be gathered between them.

My pick for 2007? Renault's Heikki. Renault's got the goods and with Briatore at the helm, I expect another championship going Renault's way.

My wild guess for 2007:

1. Heikki
    2. Kubica
    3. Button
    4. Alonso
    5. Kimi

Noone rates Webber with the Renault engine or a Newey designed car??? Wow!
    Webber WDC 2007...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

I may change my mind closer to the start of the season, but I think 2007 will be a very interesting season. I doubt there'll be any change from 2006 to the driver holding the WDC (Alonso) at the end of the year, but I do see Renault being toppled from the manufacturers title by McLaren.
    Instead of the Renault vs Ferrari wars of 2006, I think we'll see a McLaren vs Ferrari war in 2007.
    Sure Heikki will be quick, and will likely win races. But a rookie will find it hard to put together a consistent enough season to win the WDC. Top 5 probably.
    Ferrari may seem to hold the upper hand at the moment, but I think Kimi is just a little more unpredictable than Alonso. Also, I'm yet to be convinced that the Kimi-Ferrari relationship will gel. Time will tell.
    Massa is fast, and was certainly more consistent towards the end of 2006. But, whether he can be consistent enough to win the WDC is another matter.
    McLaren tends to produce fast cars. The big question is whether they can produce a reliable one. I'd suggest that 2007 is the year they will do so. I base this on the theory that every second year, they give the WDC and Constructors title a real shake (2003 with KR, 2005 with KR and now 2007 with FA?). Also, they will have more stability in the second driver seat than they had in 2005/6. Lewis Hamilton joins Heikki and Kubica (and possibly Rosberg) as stars of the future. He'll be fast. He'll push Alonso like no other team-mate has previously done. He'll make mistakes and throw the car of the track. But, he'll win races. And that'll be enough to lift McLaren to the very top over Ferrari.
    So, that's how I'm going to call it -
    WDC - 1st Alonso, 2nd KR, 3rd Hamilton, 4th Massa, 5th Heikki
    Constructors - 1st McLaren, 2nd Ferrari, 3rd Renault.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 01-15-2007 at 07:47 PM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

A good clean season with no fighting and raced fair.

I think im going to do what magracer had intended and wait for the winter gran prix to finish

Nobody even has their 2007 cars on track yet.

Don´t forget the engine freeze. Ferrari had a pretty bad engine for the end of the year, Mclaren´s engine was weak, Renault had the best engine overall. The winter testing.. ohh lord the winter testing, the Ferrari had trouble with their last spec.. It must be the Kimi curse. I think we´ll see another Renault battle for the championship.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

My top 5 for 07 (not for championship.)
    1. Kubica
    2. Raikkonen
    3. Massa
    4. Hamilton
    5. Albers

Quote Originally Posted by dimlight
    Don´t forget the engine freeze. Ferrari had a pretty bad engine for the end of the year, Mclaren´s engine was weak, Renault had the best engine overall. The winter testing.. ohh lord the winter testing, the Ferrari had trouble with their last spec.. It must be the Kimi curse. I think we´ll see another Renault battle for the championship.
    Ferrari's issues were reliability related though, so the engine freeze wont hold them back from fixing that.

Thread Information