Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: The Photography Discussion Thread

Curious to see what you have I already did some searching for you

http://www.lumieresenboite.com/colle...Canon_AF_35_ML
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_AT-1

A Petri MT does not seem to exist, but there is an MF-1 or an FT. Given that Petri is a long gone company, you might want to keep whatever you have.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

My mistake, it is an FT.

I would love to keep all of them, but my mother is hell-bent on throwing away (as I see it) as much stuff that isn't her's as possible.

I think I will buy a few rolls of film in the coming weeks and field test them, though it will be strange and different to assess them without the modern luxury of instant feedback.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

If anything has to go, choose the Canon AF. The two SLRs might be more valuable, and may even increase in value. Does the Petri have a M42 screw system for lense attachment or a bajonet?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Bayonet.
    I was also more inclined to pick on of the SLRs because the ML is much more plasticky than hte others.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Bayonet.
    I was also more inclined to pick on of the SLRs because the ML is much more plasticky than hte others.
    you can also send a message to Joao Guimaraes ([ame="http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?u=37293"]Ultimatecarpage.com forums - View Profile: Joćo Guimarćes@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Joćo Guimarćes</title>@@AMEPARAM@@Joćo Guimarćes[/ame]) here, he deals in second hand cameras.

Personally...

I'd keep all of them.

I've been the inheritor of film SLRs lately. I have way more than what I can use practically, but I don't mind, I have some space.

I have a Mamiya DSX1000 and a Canon Elan, plus my dad's Nikon FM2 (practically mint and with a 50mm 1.2, might I add). The Mamiya has a 50something mm 1.4 or 1.8, and the Elan is practically a modern autofocus SLR with a kit zoom. The only thing is batteries are expensive. They're the squat AA types.

I'd definitely keep the SLRs, like henk4 said, they're worth a good bit. I've never heard of the Petri, but maybe it's at least worth sentimental value. The ML, I'm not too sure of either. I really like the looks of the Canon FT. Probably because it reminds me of the FM2.

But if you ever want to learn photography, the SLRs are a good way to learn. Plus, it makes you value every shot now.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 07-22-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    But if you ever want to learn photography, the SLRs are a good way to learn. Plus, it makes you value every shot now.
    It took me a while to mentally switch to digital. In the film days you would take 1 or maximum 2 shots of an object, while with digital you options are endless, with increasing the cost. I had difficulties to use that option and ended up with one or two digital shots....
    With film you have to be much more precise and selective, unless you have limitless financial resources.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    It took me a while to mentally switch to digital. In the film days you would take 1 or maximum 2 shots of an object, while with digital you options are endless, with increasing the cost. I had difficulties to use that option and ended up with one or two digital shots....
    With film you have to be much more precise and selective, unless you have limitless financial resources.
    Definitely if money is an issue, go with digital, but shooting for a while with film made me value my shots more.

I started off with a digital SLR and then dabbled with film. I can't do it all the time for cost reasons, but it's still fun to shoot film.

So, I took the Canon out today to shoot my first roll and it was a lot of fun. I only brought a long lens, because I had a spot I knew I wanted to hit and it would be a distance shot. But on the way back home, I saw an old guy working under one of two rusty Studebaker Larks sitting in his driveway. I stopped the car, and asked if he would mind if I took some pictures, he showed me two additional Studebakers in the back (including a rare two-door Lark IV wagonaire). He was quite happy to take a break from his work and tell me about the 23 Studebakers he'd owned prior to these. Sadly, because I only brought the long lens I couldn't take pictures of the whole cars in the confines of his property, so the pictures are most detail shots with the light probably all wrong and all that. I'll try and scan some of the pictures, because I'd like to know what you guys think I should work on.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    23 Studebakers
    That is impressive/devotional.

How old was he?

Not sure. He was a WWII vet, and he talked about owning his first car (a Ford pickup) in the '30s. So I'd say mid/late 80s.

YES

Repaired my camera two days ago. The shutter button wasn't working anymore, so it was basicly useless... It's working like new again!
    Last edited by basman007; 10-19-2011 at 06:44 AM.

I have been a forum lurker for about a year now, and I though it was time to make a contribution.
    I am a life long car nut and a reasonably well equipped photography hobbyist. I was at Laguna Seca this weekend for the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion. I have some interesting shots, and I was not sure of the protocol for posting in these forums. Pleas provide some guidance.
    In the meantime, here is a 1934 Morgan 3-Wheeler running through the "Corkscrew" sized with a dimension of 800x533 and about 168 kb.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Savageduck View Post
    I have been a forum lurker for about a year now, and I though it was time to make a contribution.
    I am a life long car nut and a reasonably well equipped photography hobbyist. I was at Laguna Seca this weekend for the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion. I have some interesting shots, and I was not sure of the protocol for posting in these forums. Pleas provide some guidance.
    In the meantime, here is a 1934 Morgan 3-Wheeler running through the "Corkscrew" sized with a dimension of 800x533 and about 168 kb.
    Thanks.
    Hello Savageduck! Nice to see you've decided to partake in conversation after lurking for so long.

As far as pictures, you can attach up to 6 at a time via the mechanism you used to upload the shot of the Morgan (which is a fascinating car I had not know of before). The maximum file size per image (depending on file type) is listed when you click the "Manage Attachments" button - it's either 1 or 1.91 MB depending on the type of file.

Hope to see more shots of yours in the future! There will be extensive coverage of the event you attended posted up on UCP in a few days time I would imagine, as the UCP crew were out in full force for the car week in Monterey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Hello Savageduck! Nice to see you've decided to partake in conversation after lurking for so long.

As far as pictures, you can attach up to 6 at a time via the mechanism you used to upload the shot of the Morgan (which is a fascinating car I had not know of before). The maximum file size per image (depending on file type) is listed when you click the "Manage Attachments" button - it's either 1 or 1.91 MB depending on the type of file.

Hope to see more shots of yours in the future! There will be extensive coverage of the event you attended posted up on UCP in a few days time I would imagine, as the UCP crew were out in full force for the car week in Monterey.
    OK, I will be posting some shots in the next day, or two. Probably at a little bit better quality and size than the Morgan. I have quite a few paddock shots, in addition to the track shots. So I have some resizing to do.
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

Thread Information