Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advantages of sidepipes?

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    But if you buy a new Cobra replica now, what then? Is less than 5k miles enough? Because it is certainly not a classic..
    I know in California, the kit cars can be registered as classics because of some so-called loophole - most of them are registered as '66 models. I believe a lot of it has to do with the engine block that goes into it, but that doesn't make sense seeing as how a lot of them are running roller-cam 302's in them, a block that didn't appear until the 80's. If you're really curious, I could run it down for you.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I used to own 2 Westfield V8 kit cars. They both had side pipes exiting next to the seating position. The best thing about them was to be able to rev my engine and light my cigarettes off the flames out of them....hahahah....very cool.

I did burn my leg getting out once, and the exhaust noise was loud. But this is all part of having a car with them. Oh yeah...they look good.

So really, no real benefit...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Don't know....didn't use a muffler....I had a cat and a resonator each side only.
    I didn't try the exhaust under the car. Not enough room.

On touring cars or other road cars or basically non single seaters the reason for most sidepipes is lack of underbody space.
    people think having an exhaust going through, well above the underbody is bad for aero, but thats not true.

infact the opposite could be said... having hot accelerated air going into the underbody stream is good. it energizes the flow, and can speed it up hense why many f1teams used to used exhaust driven diffusers, but at racing speeds they were soemtimes instable because everytime they jabbed the throttle they would get bursts of extra grip...

Quote Originally Posted by iiouiouo View Post
    Definitely not spam, and according to a statement from Facebook, to put Entrepreneur Magazine available, it is intentional.

"With millions of pages on Facebook
    WOW Gold, we rely on our automated systems that help us best to categorize as Fast WOW

Gold business or community sites," said a spokesman for Facebook. Buy WOW Gold"As you can

imagine, not when sweeping through the pages of this volume our automated system is perfect,

WOW Power Levelingand sometimes some pages are miscategorized as community sites."

(Note: See the e-mail has its own definition of Facebook friends a community page.) To correct this,

Buy Aion Gold Facebook has an appeal that categorize entrepreneurs their pages

Aion Levelingif they have Facebook's automated system made a mistake helps believe

created .
    May the powers that be bring the ban hammer down upon your skull upon which you will be killed immediately. Amen
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

since we're back on the subject, I seem to remember one advantage of sidepipes. During a Viper SRT-10 review, the journalists fried some eggs on the door sill of their test car. That could come in really handy if you get hungry on a long road trip. I would try it. All it takes is some Pam and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    I remember in one magazine (forgot if C&D or R&T), the guy made eggs on the sidepipes of the viper when they were first testing it, just to give an idea of how hot they really get. Kind of made me hungry. I wonder how the paint doesn't bubble in that kind of temperature.
    since we're back on the subject, I seem to remember one advantage of sidepipes. During a Viper SRT-10 review, the journalists fried some eggs on the door sill of their test car. That could come in really handy if you get hungry on a long road trip. I would try it. All it takes is some Pam and you're set.
    Good memory!

Scary that that is from 4 years ago and you can read it now as though it happened minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Good memory!

Scary that that is from 4 years ago and you can read it now as though it happened minutes ago.
    wow, thats kind of embarrassing. Should have taken the time to read the whole thread.

I've been here too long...

It's fine. When these dead threads are reanimated, I usually only read the last few posts, especially if it's pages long.

It's fine. When these dead threads are reanimated, I usually only read the last few posts, especially if it's pages long.
    Its hard to follow anyway when your posts start getting into the thousands. Its unfortunate that there isn't some way to keep spammers out of forums and from bring back old threads. Seems to happen a lot on this forum especially, and I visit quite a few.

Its hard to follow anyway when your posts start getting into the thousands. Its unfortunate that there isn't some way to keep spammers out of forums and from bring back old threads. Seems to happen a lot on this forum especially, and I visit quite a few.
    I dunno, sometimes the old issue can be reevaluated which isn't so bad.

What other forums are you on? On which do you have the most posts?

I dunno, sometimes the old issue can be reevaluated which isn't so bad.

What other forums are you on? On which do you have the most posts?
    most posts on this one by a long shot, but you'll also find me on ducati.ms (from where I even have a tshirt), tt-forum.co.uk, ferrarichat.com (my paradise), viperalley.com, auditt.org, forum.miata.net, revscene.net. There are more but I can't even remember them all.

The difference is that I have people like you here who I consider friends. On the other forums I don't.

Thread Information