Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lancia Thesis 3.2 V6

8 25.81%
  • Citroen C6 3.0i V6

12 38.71%
  • Rover 75 V8

8 25.81%
  • I'd rather choose a german car because I have no personality...

3 9.68%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lancia Thesis 3.2 V6 v Citroen C6 3.0i V6 v Rover 75 V8

Lancia Thesis 3.2 V6 v Citroen C6 3.0i V6 v Rover 75 V8

Which do you think is the best interpretation of luxury? Italian, french or british? Specifications here don't mean much but I'm going to include them anyway.

Lancia Thesis 3.2 V6
    -3179cc normally aspirated V6, 230bhp, 290Nm
    -Front engined, front wheel drive, 5-speed automatic
    -All round mutlilink suspension and semi-active Skyhook system
    -4-door saloon 489x183x147cm
    -1820kg, 240km/h top speed, 0-100km/h in 8"8 seconds

Citroen C6 3.0i V6
    -2946cc normally aspirated V6, 211bhp, 290Nm
    -Front engined, front wheel drive, 6-speed automatic
    -Hydractive suspension with electronically controlled springing and damping
    -4-door saloon 491x186x146cm
    -1890kg, 230km/h top speed, 0-100km/h in 9"4 seconds

Rover 75 V8
    -4601cc normally aspirated V8, 260bhp, 410Nm
    -Front engined, rear wheel drive, 4-speed automatic
    -All roun independent suspension, multilink at the back
    -4-door saloon 475x x139cm
    -1680kg, 229km/h top speed, 0-100km/h in 6"5 seconds
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'd say the Citroen. It is much newer then the others and the hydraulics are undefeatable

the C6 since the others aren't sold in this country
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    the C6 since the others aren't sold in this country
    To be honest the Rover isn't sold anymore anywhere...

EDIT And I think you'd have problems to buy a V6 engined Thesis...
    Last edited by Ferrer; 12-31-2006 at 08:29 AM.
    Visca Catalunya!

wasn't the Rover V8 actually an MG?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    To be honest the Rover isn't sold anymore anywhere...

EDIT And I think you'd have problems to buy a V6 engined Thesis...
    and for the C6 I would follow the advice of all roadtesters and take the 2.7V6 HDi......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    wasn't the Rover V8 actually an MG?
    There were both versions, the MG ZT 260 (sporty) and the Rover 75 V8 (luxurious) which has released slightly later than the MG. In fact they went bust shortly after introducing the Rover 75 V8, so it must be one of the most exclusive cars in the world...
    and for the C6 I would follow the advice of all roadtesters and take the 2.7V6 HDi......
    There wasn't an equivalent diesel engine in the Rover and the diesel in the Thesis is hampered by the gearbox.
    Visca Catalunya!

There were both versions, the MG ZT 260 (sporty) and the Rover 75 V8 (luxurious) which has released slightly later than the MG. In fact they went bust shortly after introducing the Rover 75 V8, so it must be one of the most exclusive cars in the world...

There wasn't an equivalent diesel engine in the Rover and the diesel in the Thesis is hampered by the gearbox.
    thanks for the update, what's the problem with the Thesis' gearbox? Not strong enough? or does Fiat only have the 5 cylinder diesel available?

thanks for the update, what's the problem with the Thesis' gearbox? Not strong enough? or does Fiat only have the 5 cylinder diesel available?
    The 5-speed auto in the Thesis can't take the torque the latest 5 cylinder 2.4-litre diesel engine produces (200bhp and 400Nm). In the Thesis where no manual is available (unlike the previous 175bhp version) the figures are limited to 185bhp and 330Nm, which actually makes it slower than a manula 2.4 JTD 175bhp. For the record the perfomance figures of the current 185bhp diesel auto are 225km/h top speed and 10"2 seconds to 100km/h.
    Visca Catalunya!

The 5-speed auto in the Thesis can't take the torque the latest 5 cylinder 2.4-litre diesel engine produces (200bhp and 400Nm). In the Thesis where no manual is available (unlike the previous 175bhp version) the figures are limited to 185bhp and 330Nm, which actually makes it slower than a manula 2.4 JTD 175bhp. For the record the perfomance figures of the current 185bhp diesel auto are 225km/h top speed and 10"2 seconds to 100km/h.
    still not a badly performing car, but yes strange that Fiat did not adapt the gearbox. Obviously the Alfas are not available with autoboxes....

still not a badly performing car, but yes strange that Fiat did not adapt the gearbox. Obviously the Alfas are not available with autoboxes....
    It's not that strange, becuase the Thesis has been one the worst flops in the story of Fiat/Lancia. It was a car in which a lot of money was spent in hope that it would be a return to the old glory days. It was loosely based in the Alfa Romeo 166 but it was very heavily re-engineered to an extent that we could be talking about a whole new car. In fact a Thesis with the 5 cylinder 2.4-litre petrol engine will be probably the last proper Lancia (i.e. not sharing many parts with Fiat) you'll be able to buy for a long time (perhpas ever). However nobdy bought one down to a conjuction of factors (controversial styling, high price tags underperfoming engine, bad marketing,...) and as result Fiat decided to not spend more money on it by making any further developments.
    Visca Catalunya!

The C6 but with the HDI, perfect combination i think.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

URGH OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!? THAT Lancia is uglier than a muddy pigs anus!

C6. Looks cool and the Rover is a car for old people
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    URGH OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!? THAT Lancia is uglier than a muddy pigs anus!

C6. Looks cool and the Rover is a car for old people
    Did you see this Rover in real life ? It doesnt seem so. It actually looks kind of sporty and nice in real.

75 looked tons classier than a 5 series or Eclass, C6 looked modern, uncompromised. Thesis? I even hate the brand name Lancia, i do think this company should shrink cut off all their product lines and produce the next stratos.

C6 for me. If Rover ain't in this bad situation, i would've opt for it, 75 looks stunning.

All for that thou, I'd take a C6,

Audi A6 C6 that is.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Thread Information