Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Interceptor Concept 2007

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77
    It has the front end of the "Super Chief" pickup concept. That is fine for a truck but not a car. And the greenhouse is too small in proportion to the rest of the car. But despite the complaints, it's still better than most showcars that are out now.
    The less greenhouse there is the more protective the car will be from bullets.

Just as Mr. Clarkson said about the 300C.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    That seems to be "cool" these days (or safe like others would claim)
    touche, whether you meant to say it or not...

I hate it, to be blunt.

Looks obesely out of proportion and better served as something to scare young kids to sleep than serve as an automobile.

Not to mention resembling a block of butter which has started melting around the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    there's a perfectly good IRS sitting under the Ford Falcon here, Why will FoMoCo not wake up and use it in the US?.
    Because, in the words of that media release, this car ..
    .. also features a solid rear axle for more hard-core performance feel.

that is about the "best" piece of PR bullshit ever to emerge from a car factory....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'm going to buck the trend here. i think it's a fantastic looking car. there is an overreliance on the huge wheels, but the wheelbase, stance, even the details, please me. I loved the 427 concept, and this is no exception.

The bluff Nose might be a bit much, but at least it's characterful and interesting.

I quite like this, there i said it

but then again i don't think the Dodge Nitro is a bad exterior design
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Because, in the words of that media release, this car ..

Don't you just get sick too death of seeing that BS..
    If they are looking for performance they can start by giving the car a massive diet.

EDIT: Am I allowed to hotlink a small image?

I can see where they got some inspiration from:

I didn't see this pic posted...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adrenaline; 01-01-2007 at 07:31 AM.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    That seems to be "cool" these days (or safe like others would claim)
    Well it's only 1,39 metres tall, which it's pretty low these days.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Well it's only 1,39 metres tall, which it's pretty low these days.
    then the windows can't be more than 15 centimeter
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Now, before some prat posts the "Holy thread ressurection Batman!" picture, I believe the rules state that it's better to continue discussion in an old thread rather than create a new one on the same topic.

I couldn't help but feel sadness when I heard the news that A.: The Panther platform cars have been discontinued (I love big RWD waftmobiles) and B.: FoMoCo aren't replacing them. Being interested in car design, I wondered what work had been done on a possible replacement. Looking for RWD saloon concepts from the FoMoCo stable, I found this and thought:

"Why on Earth didn't they make it?"

Sure, this is a concept and details such as the miniscule glasshouse would have to be toned-down, but still: this would have made a stunning replacement for the Crown Vic. - Imagine this kitted-out as a Police interceptor...the criminals would give-up out of fear!

Combine the basic shape with styling details from some of the Lincoln concepts from the last 5-or so years and you'd have a great replacement for the Town Car too (it would need IRS though)!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Well, you can have the Chrysler 300 if you like this. Same sort of concept, different badge.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well, you can have the Chrysler 300 if you like this. Same sort of concept, different badge.
    Exactly, and I like the idea of the 300 (shame the interior & ride quality let it down) - this should have been Ford's competitor. Now most U.S. police forces have turned away from Ford to Dodge (Charger) and Lincoln has been left with a range of utter dross.

Ford's North American range has slowly been getting better, and they're starting to address some of the main criticisms that have been levelled at them in the past. I just view this as a missed opportunity, because Ford could / should have developed a new large car platform. - With it, they could have replaced the Town car with a more upmarket model and started to get back to the way American saloons used to be on the '50s and '60s - some of the best (& coolest - see the '61 Continental in 'The Matrix') luxury cars in the world).
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Exactly, and I like the idea of the 300 (shame the interior & ride quality let it down) - this should have been Ford's competitor. Now most U.S. police forces have turned away from Ford to Dodge (Charger) and Lincoln has been left with a range of utter dross.

Ford's North American range has slowly been getting better, and they're starting to address some of the main criticisms that have been levelled at them in the past. I just view this as a missed opportunity, because Ford could / should have developed a new large car platform. - With it, they could have replaced the Town car with a more upmarket model and started to get back to the way American saloons used to be on the '50s and '60s - some of the best (& coolest - see the '61 Continental in 'The Matrix') luxury cars in the world).
    I guess you would hate the new Ford Taurus then right?

Ford US don't need to develop a totally new platform, they can work with FordAus with the next Falcon. Make it a world platform. They won't though.. we'll be lucky if we get some scraps from the Mustang.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information