Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ford Interceptor Concept 2007

Well, the Pontiac Commodore flopped badly, I guess Americans aren't really interested in big rear wheel drive V8 saloons anymore...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well, the Pontiac Commodore flopped badly, I guess Americans aren't really interested in big rear wheel drive V8 saloons anymore...
    unless they carry a German badge of course...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    unless they carry a German badge of course...
    But then if it carries a German badge, everyone is interested regardless of what's under the bonnet.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Pontiac attempts were apparently hampered by poor marketing, and it was doing well enough that it really only got killed due to GM killing Pontiac and refusing to rebadge it. Obviously if it was flying off the lots they would've kept it as a Chevy or something, but yea. It probably had potential.. especially now that there's an interceptor version.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The Interceptor Caprice is probably there to fill the gap left by the Crown Victoria, and not leave all the market to the Charger.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well yea, obviously. So now that they have a services version of the car, why not a consumer one?

I guess consumers aren't interested in a big rear wheel drive V8 and the costs associated to it if they have to pay for them. Government agencies on the other hand...
    Visca Catalunya!

Well.. how are Camaro sales?

Outselling Mustangs, apparently. But this is a car that relies on sportiness, looks, retro and charisma. All of the things the Commodire couldn't do in the states. I'm not denying it had the wrong badge though, maybe badged as a Chevrolet it would still live (the same as the Astra).
    Visca Catalunya!

The Commode can be sporty, it's closely enough related to the Camaro for that. Looks could be debated all day (not a fan of either) and charisma.. yea ok, it lacks that.

The main reason I think it's a shame is that the more places the Commode is sold, the better for our local economy. Given how strong our dollar is though it probably make less sense than ever to be importing things from us.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    The Commode can be sporty, it's closely enough related to the Camaro for that. Looks could be debated all day (not a fan of either) and charisma.. yea ok, it lacks that.

The main reason I think it's a shame is that the more places the Commode is sold, the better for our local economy. Given how strong our dollar is though it probably make less sense than ever to be importing things from us.

How dare you call it a bathroom!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I guess you would hate the new Ford Taurus then right?
    No, not at all - I don't think that anyone would argue that it's not a massive improvement over the old model (from what I've read the SHO is surprisingly good), but this concept could/should have been even larger than the Taurus. - A replacement for the Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Ford US don't need to develop a totally new platform, they can work with FordAus with the next Falcon. Make it a world platform. They won't though.. we'll be lucky if we get some scraps from the Mustang.
    Well yes - that would probably be the best idea and would keep development costs down. Unfortunately, Ford seem interested only in shooting themselves in the foot in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But then if it carries a German badge, everyone is interested regardless of what's under the bonnet.
    Except in Europe where it must be a 2.0-litre diesel with as much bling as possible. Regarding this concept though: Surely a model range consisting of Ecoboost sixes as well as V8s and maybe an electric version would have catered for everybody in it's home market?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Thread Information