Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: and now for something completely different

and now for something completely different

I grabbed an unlikely one from my "to do" pile.
    It is a Tamiya 1/6 scale Honda CB750 Racing model, re-issued a couple of years ago, but originally dating from 1970. It is a very nice kit, not too many parts, but the fit is quite OK, some flesh needs to be removed and glue lines to be erased, but that is about it. Some plated parts were fixed to the sprues in places which show up too prominently in the completed model, but some silverpaint removes most of the critical spots.

He are some pics of the current state of affairs, with lots of wiring and the exhausts still to be fitted. One pic shows my phone to give an impression of the size of the model. I have decided not to weather the engine, it looks quite bling-bling, but lets consider it as a ground-up american style car restoration...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Nice ... even in "bling-bling"

ANy more info pls ? What fairing and seat fairing does it have ? WOuld be very interested in making an Isle of Man TT winner out of this - LOVE the size
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

As I have told you already.. excellent work, and I can't wait to see more of it throughout the building process

the model is supposed to depict the winner of the 1970 Daytona 200 miles race.
    Kerb weigth 160 kg, 4 cylinder/4 keihin carbs, 95 BHP at 9500 revs. Top speed 240 kph.

http://www.iaiamedia.be/bestbalsakit...p?kitnumber=48

apparently still available, but shown here at a price that I did not pay for it...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Looks great henk4. I can't wait till its done. This forum is finally active again?
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    Looks great henk4. I can't wait till its done. This forum is finally active again?
    well, we can try to revive it....

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    well, we can try to revive it....
    yea.................. , should i post some of my progress?
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    yea.................. , should i post some of my progress?
    sure, one poster is more than two

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    sure, one poster is more than two
    ...and all my life I've thought the opposite.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    ...and all my life I've thought the opposite.

don't change that please

here is the next stage, with the exhausts attached, and a provisional fit of the fairing and the tank. Paint used is Tamiya X34, handpainted, which gave a sort of match with the colour on the box. The paint did not react very well to polishing fo the front fender and may need a considerably time to fully dry, which I will give it then for the other parts. I can always spray it with clear if the final results are not good.

The exhausts are supposed to be matt-black but I gave it a layer of Revell Semi-mat #302, which gives a deep dark german grey look. Sets of the exhausts nicely against the gloss black frame.

More stuff needing to be attached inlcude the pedals and the fuel distribution system coming from the tank. Apart from that it is nearly finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice Pieter

I like the color choice!
    Brilliant color..
    Any stickers?

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    Very nice Pieter

I like the color choice!
    Brilliant color..
    Any stickers?
    Thanks, yes a few stripes, no sponsors in 1970...

Nice subject and build!

Nice work henk, I love those old bikes ..you're a man of many talents obviously, what else lurks in your "to do" pile?
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

Thread Information