Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos of the new M3

Photos of the new M3

It looks like the covers have finally come off. This issue of CAR isn't supposed to be in newsstands yet but here are the scans anyways.

It looks exactly as awful as I thought it would. They really need to stop taking styling cues from Korean car companies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doesn't look that bad, but it doesn't have the class of the E46 M3
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

I mean, it's okay for some cars to look bad. Nobody expects a Daewoo to look good. But for god's sake, an M3? It needs to look good. This one is totally over-styled. It's too complicated.

An M3 is supposed to look like a normal 3-series with tasteful go-fast bits. The E30 was a great example. The E46 looked pretty damn good too. This one just looks strange. There's nothing more to it. It just looks wierd. That's not good enough for an M3.

yea, i don't like it at all, kinda like egg nog said, it stands out for the wrong reasons. just not a solid looking car at all, almost just looks like a weaker, uglier, wannabe m6

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Nobody expects a Daewoo to look good.
    Americans might since it is called a Chevrolet now....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    It looks like the covers have finally come off. This issue of CAR isn't supposed to be in newsstands yet but here are the scans anyways.
    Pity they were not the first In last weeks "autokampioen" were pictures taken in germany on some sort of track,undisguised

And check the date on this article:
    http://www.autokampioen.nl/published...bmwpm3.nl.html
    13-6-06 The renderings were pretty close to the actual finished product. Not bad considering the date of creation of the renderings.
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-02-2007 at 03:35 AM.

Can't really see much in those scans, but it doesn't look to bad. I really like the new 3-series coupes, I think they look tops. But that rear bar looks a little overdone. I can see a lot of the Z4M Coupe in it.

It's not bad until you get to the back and then you realise what a mess they've made of the design.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

you know what, i like it!
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    The renderings were pretty close to the actual finished product. Not bad considering the date of creation of the renderings.
    Indeed. Especially because the M3 is such a big departure from the Coupe design.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

... and after that, the E46 still retains its podium as my 2nd dream car.

for sure they could have made it look much better, it actually look like they didnt put any effort in designing it.

I hope those pics are not of the final production model, however with a v8 and 400 plus bhp, it ought to be an interesting drive.

The front and sides are nice but like others have said, the back is a mess and it's out of proportion. Of course, we need to official media pictures to actually judge the car but from as of now...it sucks. The current model is still the pinnacle of the M3. Oh well, at least this is good news because as soon as this new model is introduced, the current model's price will go down.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Yes, these photos are very grainy, but judging from them I don't think the new M3 is as classy as the original ones.

However, it does take some time to get used to new designs. Everyone thought the old 7 Series was ugly (maybe some still do ) but I think it's pretty sweet looking now and I used to hate it.

The rear deck is the only part that I really dislike, particularly the disproportionate taillight on it.

Just as the new 5 and 3 series, this design is more of an acquired taste.
    Zag when they Zig

Thread Information