Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chop Comp Week #6

Guest Guest
    well technically, its about showing off what you can do in photoshop, and although Mr Detroit Metal is showing us how retarded he can make a car look, although usually its the best modded, and least photoshopped looking pic that wins

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    ?????

I have no clue what you are saying.
    Here's my best translation:
    "Thanks, but it is not always about doing what you want or making what you think is a good looking photoshop. I tried to capture the style of Plymouth cars... Maybe this is why Plymouth no longer exists [because their cars are ugly]."

That right?

Ok, assuming that is right, you just openly admitted you made your chop ugly to match the style of car Plymouth makes. But isn't it the point of a photoshop contest to make things look good (or at least better)?

I'm not going to take you on in how good or bad your chop is (since you probably could do better then me) but I just don't understand that logic. Why try to keep in a style of a car designer you think is ugly?

YES. You read me right. The Challenge is in making a car fit into a concept, or a brand style. Too much of what I see here & other "chop" sites too is just follow the leading current trend design, taking little or no imagination to do.

Real car designers Must be able to design ANY car even ugly fugly POS, ...or else there would be NO TOYOTAS !!
    But serious, it takes more effort & determination plus the willingness to not be a "show off people pleaser" and NOT do what everybody expects. But then some peeps just dont get it at all, I dont expect to win anything, I got nothing to prove, I enter theese little comps to push myself,....but sure does get 'em going ..eh ?

Besides, UGLY is a realtive term. I find alot of so called "good chops" to be exactly that, UGLY.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-06-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    YES. You read me right. The Challenge is in making a car fit into a concept, or a brand style. Too much of what I see here & other "chop" sites too is just follow the leading current trend design, taking little or no imagination to do.

Real car designers Must be able to design ANY car even ugly fugly POS, ...or else there would be NO TOYOTAS !!
    But serious, it takes more effort & determination plus the willingness to not be a "show off people pleaser" and NOT do what everybody expects. But then some peeps just dont get it at all, I dont expect to win anything, I got nothing to prove, I enter theese little comps to push myself,....but sure does get 'em going ..eh ?

Besides, UGLY is a realtive term. I find alot of so called "good chops" to be exactly that, UGLY.
    your chops are not only ugly they are really poorly done

This post used to contain direct questions and statements directed towards MRDETROITMETAL.

Why did I remove it? I remembered I don't care.
    Last edited by Kooper; 01-06-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL

As you said about toyotas, its funny a car so ugly has become one of the most popular car manufactors in the world. If you know so much about cars why dont you expand the pages and post in some other forum topics. You would get hit so hard with all the bull shit you post you wouldnt know what to do. I think Its funny how your just an artist with a dream. If you think attacks about toyota are hurting my feelings they arent, your the one whos rep is being hurt with these absolutly shitty chops. Try next time, or was this all you can do? If not i dare you to actually do something worth anyones time.

I'm finishing mine, its nothing special but it doesnt look like an infant put it together. Polls up tomorrow.

EDIT: Detroit you want something to push you, how is crappy art making you better?

Sorry about being harsh, you just gotta know when to cut the bull shit. Seriously.
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 01-06-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

heres my entry. nothing too special. I dub it the Fiat RWD.

EDIT: Forgot attachment. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 01-06-2007 at 09:06 PM.

2006 Scion tC..

Quote Originally Posted by Rico
    your chops are not only ugly they are really poorly done
    Quoted.
    For.
    Truth.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

BTW, X-Raited you still in? Hope so, everyone's chops are looking pretty good so far and I can't wait to see yours as well!

I love setting the chops as my screensaver, find it fascinating...

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    heres my entry. nothing too special. I dub it the Fiat RWD.

EDIT: Forgot attachment. lol
    oh man, i love what youve done but you messed it up with the carbon pattern. make a less curvy pattern and make it darker and it will look great. im rooting for you. haha good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MPower22
    oh man, i love what youve done but you messed it up with the carbon pattern. make a less curvy pattern and make it darker and it will look great. im rooting for you. haha good luck

Tell me you're entering as well, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper
    Tell me you're entering as well, please?
    i might. its just i dont like to do comps because it feels like im only doing it for other people and not myself and that kinda defeats the whole purpose imo. haha, that makes me sound so selfish/conceded. also, ive got a few other projects going and im struggling to find free time for them. i'll see what i can do though.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower22
    i might. its just i dont like to do comps because it feels like im only doing it for other people and not myself and that kinda defeats the whole purpose imo. haha, that makes me sound so selfish/conceded. also, ive got a few other projects going and im struggling to find free time for them. i'll see what i can do though.

It's all about having fun I think, and I for one would love to see an entry from you.

I know how you feel about the time thing though... If only a day had 24 hours extra

aha, good think im an insomniac. i've gotten on a design roll and am going to make an entry. you're right about the fun part too.

as you wish. brushed up some black halo lights on there too. not too sure how i feel about them, but they started good so i had to finish.

EDIT: Might add a lighting affect to the new lighties. Just for some effect. But im tired, its bed time.

EDIT #2: I just saw MDM used the quote feature for one of the first times ever.
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 01-07-2007 at 11:28 AM.

2006 Scion tC..

here is mine i think it's ok for my second ever chop there are a few mods like dropping it etc but im not that experienced

Thread Information