Thread: Hamann BMW 3 Series Coupe (2007)

Hamann BMW 3 Series Coupe (2007)

A new BMW from Hamann, it offers a number of engine options, along with an aerodynamic package, 18-20 inch wheels and a number of interior accessories.

(from Hamann Press Release) Sporty nuances: BMW 3 Series coupe from HAMANN
    Aerodynamic parts all around
    Power boosts for 325i, 330i, 330d and 335d
    Power boost to 380 bhp for 335i in preparation
    Four different wheel designs in 18 to 20 inch and lowered suspension
    Stylish interior with sports steering wheel, aluminum parts and carbon fiber

BMWs trump card in the two-door sedan segment is the 3 Series coupe. This elegantly proportioned model lends itself perfectly to accentuating its sporty appeal by adding new details. HAMANN from Laupheim also shares this opinion and adorns the 3 Series coupe an aerodynamics kit, power boosts, new wheel rims and a stylish interior.
    Power boosts for petrol engines and diesels
    HAMANN boosts the power in this coupe by means of optimized curve maps. In other words, the electronic power boost is achieved by recalibrating the standard ECU.
    The six-cylinder petrol engines 325i and 330i receive a boost of 13 bhp / 10 kW and 17 bhp / 12 kW and in both cases around 25 Nm torque. The top speed goes up to 250 and 265 km/h respectively (standard: 325i 245 km/h, 330i 250 km/h). In the 330i, the price includes the deactivation of the 250 km/h speed restriction.
    Also when it comes to the diesel models, customers can expect a substantial power boost. In the 330d, 272 bhp / 200 kW, 259 km/h top speed (standard: 248) and 600 Nm at 2000 rpm are quite possible. In the top diesel model 335d 313 bhp/230 kW, 272 km/h and a more than generous 630 Nm at 2000 rpm.
    A power boost to around 380 bhp for the 335i is currently in preparation.

By fitting a HAMANN 4-pipe sports rear muffler with four round tailpipes, the 335i and 335d can make their power public. The 4 stainless steel tailpipes, each 76 mm in diameter, make the rear end of this coupe look even more attractive.

Various power boosts
    Still so young, and already its first facelift.... HAMANN does not do things by half and sets to work on the face. The new, sportier-looking HAMANN front spoiler is designed to be fitted onto the standard bumper. The visual lowering effect is created by the new side sills, which lend the side view more character. The vehicle’s back can either be customized with a HAMANN rear spoiler or a spoiler lip. A truly effective means of reducing the lift. The same effect is produced by the HAMANN roof spoiler, which sits on top of the vehicle. The rear center molding, which incorporates matching cutouts for the tailpipes, is designed to be used in conjunction with the HAMANN 4-pipe sports rear muffler. Fitting Carbon-Kevlar mirror caps lends the HAMANN 3 Series coupe a further eye-catching touch.
    Wheels from 18 to 20 inch
    HAMANN really goes to town when it comes to the wheels. No fewer than four different designs and three sizes from 18 to 20 inch make choosing difficult. The HM2 design, available in an 18 inch version, is a single-piece light alloy wheel with five spokes in the “Silver” finish and features an outer rim with an INOX steel lip. The single-piece rim Anniversary I has a multi-spoke design and is also available in the Silver finish and features an outer rim with an INOX steel lip. HAMANN offers it as an 18, 19 and 20 inch version. The PG3 wheel is a composite five-spoke wheel in silver with a high-gloss polished rim flange. Here, customers can choose between the sizes 19 and 20 inch.
    Needless to say, 20 inch wheels suit the customized 3 Series coupe best. In this size, HAMANN offers its Edition Race design as its top model. The appearance of this three-piece, ultra-lightweight, forged rim in a cross-spoke design and with a black spider is characterized by the 9 main spokes, each of which branches outwards into 2 further spokes. In addition to the exciting design, the titanium bolts are a particularly eye-catching detail. The high-gloss rim flange adds the finishing touch to the stylish looks.
    Typical wheel/tire combinations in 20 inch:
    Edition Race: front 8.5 J x 20 / rear 10.0 J x 20 - 235/30 ZR 20 / 285/25 ZR 20
    PG3: front and rear 8.5 J x 20 - 235/30 ZR 20
    Anniversary I: front and rear 9.0 J x 20 235/30 ZR 20

By fitting a suspension lowering kit, comprising four progressive suspension struts, HAMANN succeeds in lowering the vehicle’s center of gravity by 35 mm at the front and by 20 mm at the rear. Even in vehicles that come with sporty suspension tuning, that’s still around 15mm.

Numerous accessories combine to make sitting inside the HAMANN 3 Series coupe all the more pleasurable. Thanks to the three-spoke HAMANN airbag sports steering wheel, the driver always has the reins securely in his hands. A sporty flair is added by the decorative carbon-fiber components, which HAMANN fits on the dashboard, center console, ashtray trim, doors, steering wheel, gearshift knob, handbrake lever and the
    I-Drive-Controller. HAMANN adds further sporty nuances in the form of sport gearshift knobs (in aluminum or leather/aluminum), aluminum pedals, an aluminum handbrake lever and an aluminum footrest. An exclusive set of floor mats sporting the HAMANN logo in silver rounds off the interior offering.

Needless to say, HAMANN will customize every 3 Series to a customer’s own specific requirements. By way of illustration, luxurious leather upholsteries in various colors are possible, as are extensive multimedia conversions featuring a DVD player, TV reception and a PlayStation.

Further information on the extensive HAMANN tuning range is available on the website at www.HAMANN-MOTORSPORT.de .
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Last edited by go.pawel; 12-31-2006 at 06:54 AM.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Hamann 3 Coupe #4 (my pics)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Cool pics. They have a 3.5 liter diesel as well?

The new 3 series coupe looks very slick IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Cool pics. They have a 3.5 liter diesel as well?

The new 3 series coupe looks very slick IMO.
    The 335d refers to the twin turbo 3-litre straight six diesel engine. The latest specification produces 286bhp and 580Nm.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Another thing that we're missing here in North America.

Sigh...........

Thread Information