Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Is There NO RACING ON!?!

Why Is There NO RACING ON!?!

The F1 season ended ages ago, the MotoGP's are done, so are the V8's, even the Nascars are finished (I didnt think they had an off season). The problem I am alluding to here is that A1 crap aside, there is no decent racing series during the euro winter (which suggests that they are scared to race fast cars with wings on icy tracks, poofs...).
    Why is it that the V8 Supercars for example, have to have there season during the coldest time of our year? Why can't they run it during summer like they do with the cricket? When its not 6 degrees C outside, us poor punters freeze our bits off. Imagine Indy on the Gold Coast... hold that in late February, it'd be beer and hooters absolutely everywhere. Nothen better than lookin at hooters and sippin a nice cold beverage when the pace cars goin round n round... Tony Cochrane, take heed, Australia (being me) wants a V8 Supercar Summer Series and I, I mean We, want it now.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

I'm up for that too, but it's pretty easy to see why the V8s run through winter. The drivers get roasted as it is during the current races, they'd die racing in January-Feburary. Also, they care more about the TV ratings than crowds and people are more likely to sit on their backside in winter.

Yours is a legitimate question, but one that has been answered with the A1GP series. They race in countries located in the lower hemisphere during the winter off-season of all other series, specially F1. They do break for the holidays, but so does F1 in mid season (four weeks?). Besides that, Paris-Dakar should be on in three days.
    Last edited by magracer; 01-03-2007 at 12:09 AM.
    Zag when they Zig

Yeah but Paris-Dakar is for has-been rally drivers and we dont really get a decent coverage of it. A1 quite simply is gay, the cars look gay, they sound gay and they are soooooo slow.
    Easy answer for the heat issues in the V8 supercars is piss both the front door windows off. Simple hey, and to think I have no university qualifications at all...
    To be honest, the most exciting thing Ive seen on TV in the last 3 weeks was the delayed coverage of the Grand Prix Masters at Dubai or wherever it was. Nice to see old Nige kickin ass like he did back in the day. Those cars are too slow as well.
    In short... I want a decent race series during the off season with at least 650hp and lots of biffo.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

And no, sprintcars dont cut it either.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by daz27
    Why Is There NO RACING ON!?!
    Because you touch yourself at night.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Yeah but Paris-Dakar is for has-been rally drivers and we dont really get a decent coverage of it. A1 quite simply is gay, the cars look gay, they sound gay and they are soooooo slow.
    Easy answer for the heat issues in the V8 supercars is piss both the front door windows off. Simple hey, and to think I have no university qualifications at all...
    To be honest, the most exciting thing Ive seen on TV in the last 3 weeks was the delayed coverage of the Grand Prix Masters at Dubai or wherever it was. Nice to see old Nige kickin ass like he did back in the day. Those cars are too slow as well.
    In short... I want a decent race series during the off season with at least 650hp and lots of biffo.
    Paris-Dakar for cars is indeed boring. But when you start following the Trucks it becomes interesting !!! To see the Dutch take on the mighty Kamaz' es is a awesome sight. Just imagine doing 200+ km-h over huge sand dunes in a 20 ton truck

And the GPmasters race old benneton f1 cars,dont they ? ´94 season or something ? Not quite slow then,try to drive them yourself

For those paying attention, they wouldnt have missed the Race of Champions. Also the french ice/racign championship has started. Plenty of things going on,mate, no real reason to complain

I thought GP Masters were old Reynard Champ Cars

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Paris-Dakar for cars is indeed boring. But when you start following the Trucks it becomes interesting !!! To see the Dutch take on the mighty Kamaz' es is a awesome sight. Just imagine doing 200+ km-h over huge sand dunes in a 20 ton truck
    Dear mr. mechanical engieneer.
    Just for your information.

How likely is it for a 20 ton 4wheel drive truck to drive in 200 km/h+??
    In the sand...
    How strong must the diffs and gears/gear boxes be to cope with those speeds?
    I say the trucks may reach 110-130 km/h maximum...
    I don't believe many of the cars can even reach 200 km/h...
    I stand to be corrected though...

And by the way...
    The trucks are somewhat the least interesting in Paris-Dakar...
    Originaly they where in there for mechanical assistance...
    Motorbikes and cars are the main event...

Its not a matter of capability, they're limited by the rules:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkar Website
    The maximum speed during the race is now fixed at 150 kph for trucks and motorbikes.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    Its not a matter of capability, they're limited by the rules:
    The trucks are horribly dangerous, that's why speed is limited.

i can always go for some ice racing...
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    When its not 6 degrees C outside
    its not that cold, we get like -30 C here

you wacky canadians, and your "cold." i came up the the northeast US to have some cold, and its been the warmest year in ages
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information