Thread: Thats not a F@#king car thread

Thats not a F@#king car thread

In the process of doing a general tidy up of the SKiboat as now that Ive bought a race car, a new boat is definetley out the picture for a while.
    Putting a new interior in as the old on is ratty and very out dated, also a general mechanical tidy up also.

So far Ive changed the spark arrestor on the holley, new exhaust risers old one were leaking water into the combustion chamber, new impellor on the raw water pump, new leads, new dizzy cap and rotor for the HEI dizzy, new skeg bush for the prop, new alternator, starter. I have sourced new seat carcasses as the old ones are U/S and very ugly, going all new carpet and cloth trim on the seats ( much cooler than vinyl on the hot days OUCH ), engine cover ( much quieter than just fiberglass) and side gunales between the back of the boat to the front.

Tommorrow I have to rip out the carpet, install new isolator for the battery refit waterpump,refit the alternator, dizzy-leads etc and adjust the lifters which is very messy as you run the engine at idle, back off the rockers till they rattle then its 3/4 of a turn and their set

The boats going to the trimmers next monday heres some before pics( on shitty camera phone)

* after looking at photo No 4 a phone call to Ashley and Martin Yeah Yeah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by charged; 01-03-2007 at 02:03 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

get a couple of four barrelled Holleys....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thats a wee small engine in dat little boat. Can you get done for going over 100 on water

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    get a couple of four barrelled Holleys....
    I actually want a Vac Sec 600cfm as it has a 650 double pumper which is a bit rediculious for a ski boat

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    I actually want a Vac Sec 600cfm as it has a 650 double pumper which is a bit rediculious for a ski boat
    I am afraid I have already lost you there
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

My ski boat has 320 horse its not that fast but it has crazy torque.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    i have just decided that boats confuse me

My ski boat is bigger than your ski boat.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

New interior finally in, certainly gives the boat a lift, front seats need fixing correctly as they are just sitting there, then it just needs a new wheel and gauges
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lookin good there charged!
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I am afraid I have already lost you there
    And you've probably never heard of (one of my favorite names for mechanical componentry) the Anti Gulp Backfire Suppressor Valve

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Lookin good there charged!

And you've probably never heard of (one of my favorite names for mechanical componentry) the Anti Gulp Backfire Suppressor Valve
    when I tell you that "gulp" is the Dutch word for "fly" like in "your fly is undone" then you may guess my understanding of that device

but I assume it has something to do to minimalise the effect of incoming water in whatever component...

you guys are seriously nuts...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Maybe it really is a small world. Here in Arkansas, there is a thriving trade in salvaged speedboats. Folks buy little fiberglass slivers of boat that rest barely above the waterline, bolt a big Oldsmobile V8 or other improbably lump on the back of them, and take them to the lake to see what she'll do.

Generally, they get swamped by their own wake and sink, meaning a call to the local salvage divers. The divers recover the boat, buy it from its soggy captain, scrub the catfish shit off of it, and sell it to the next fool with a salvage-yard engine. It's a thing of beauty.

You, on the other hand, have a great-looking boat there, and I'd venture it won't be swamped in its own wake should the engine conk out in the middle of a high-speed run.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    Maybe it really is a small world. Here in Arkansas, there is a thriving trade in salvaged speedboats. Folks buy little fiberglass slivers of boat that rest barely above the waterline, bolt a big Oldsmobile V8 or other improbably lump on the back of them, and take them to the lake to see what she'll do.

Generally, they get swamped by their own wake and sink, meaning a call to the local salvage divers. The divers recover the boat, buy it from its soggy captain, scrub the catfish shit off of it, and sell it to the next fool with a salvage-yard engine. It's a thing of beauty.

You, on the other hand, have a great-looking boat there, and I'd venture it won't be swamped in its own wake should the engine conk out in the middle of a high-speed run.
    yeah, but ive been in one of those boats, with a chevy 454, at over 100 mph, and its a butt ton of fun
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information