Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I know Dubai is booming but..

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    a 4rd world country
    I lolled at that bit.

This is why freedom of speech is a bad thing.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Global Warming is a Fallacy. the earth has cooled/heated over thousands of years. I agree greenhouse gases suck and we need to change that but i've yet to see any evidence that Greenhouse Gases melt ice caps or cause patagonian tree frogs to become extinct.

It's just a quick, simple blame name for a plethora of global issues.

I'm so glad i got that off my chest.
    x2...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    There's nothing you can really do. Many of the areas in the rural midwest lack quality educational facilities and moral values that those of us on the Eastcoast/Westcoast/Upper-Midwest are lucky to have. They're born, learn prejudice from the people around them, and have no other source of positive educational reinforcement. It's quite sad really, and it'll be like that for decades... until reforms are put in place.
    Or until they run out of Shelby Cobras in their barns.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

funny thing is, most of this is funded for by the mass-corporations of corner shops and restraunts that their families open in our country.

Funny, if there was any sort of mass development in the UK or the US, it would be heavily threatened by terrorism. But what threat does dubai have?

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    funny thing is, most of this is funded for by the mass-corporations of corner shops and restraunts that their families open in our country.

Funny, if there was any sort of mass development in the UK or the US, it would be heavily threatened by terrorism. But what threat does dubai have?
    Running out of oil before everything is done?

However, a mall filled with tons of western tourists is a good point. Terrorists would see it as a way to get back at the US.

BTW, it's not a big issue, but why say people hate America? Wouldn't that technically be implying that people hate Canada, Mexico, Brazil, etc., etc. as well?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I'm talking about people in the middle east in particular. When i say america, in their case its merely the western society. But contrary to recent history, their actions and beliefs have been pointed towards the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Global Warming is a Fallacy. the earth has cooled/heated over thousands of years. I agree greenhouse gases suck and we need to change that but i've yet to see any evidence that Greenhouse Gases melt ice caps or cause patagonian tree frogs to become extinct.

It's just a quick, simple blame name for a plethora of global issues.

I'm so glad i got that off my chest.
    The possibility that it is natural doesn't change the fact. The consequences WILL be disastrous and something CAN be done. It really doesn't matter who points their finger at whot.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

There's a great article in the new issue of National Geographic.
    http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0701/feature3/

It's only part of the article, so you'll have to head to a book store or newsstand to read the whole thing.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    There's nothing you can really do. Many of the areas in the rural midwest lack quality educational facilities and moral values that those of us on the Eastcoast/Westcoast/Upper-Midwest are lucky to have. They're born, learn prejudice from the people around them, and have no other source of positive educational reinforcement. It's quite sad really, and it'll be like that for decades... until reforms are put in place.
    Yeah, unfortunately one of those reforms trying to be established is a major fraud; teaching the "science" of creation.

Yes. God is now scientific. It's like a cop out but somehow they still get their way. go figure.

If it's a natural phenomena (that is Global Warming) then really there is little we can do - we can't control the weather as much as we like to and when we do it's only in negative terms. all we can do is be prepared for their consequences.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Paris has the Eiffel Tower. Rome has the Leaning Tower Of Pisa, and the Colosseum..
    In 8 days no one disagreed?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    There's a great article in the new issue of National Geographic.
    http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0701/feature3/

It's only part of the article, so you'll have to head to a book store or newsstand to read the whole thing.
    It went from shitty looking port city to a bustling city similar to Hong Kong. Strangely, they don't have to rely on oil.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    In 8 days no one disagreed?
    Everybody knows Pisa is actually in Rome

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    It went from shitty looking port city to a bustling city similar to Hong Kong. Strangely, they don't have to rely on oil.
    Well, they do, but they don't drill it. They handle it via their ports.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information