Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My personal review of NFS Carbon

My personal review of NFS Carbon

I rented Carbon...I got so bored of Most Wanted. It was a 5 day rental...I finished it in 6..playing only about an hour a day. It was surprisingly lame, as in easy. The races are easy, and the opponents are easier. Career mode doesn't really make sense. The upgrading is just stupid. For example, nitrous, there are four packages, but you unlock the last one (the best one) first. Because by finishing reward cards/challenge series, you can unlock the better upgrades first. The storyline doesn't really make sense to me though, because technically, there's no end lke most wanted. In my opinion, this is the worst game NFS has made in history. I'd rather spend my time playing Most Wanted.

ps. Autosculpt is so damn ugly

Personally speaking, arcade style ricer car games piss me off no end. Theres going to be a generation of dipshit 4 cylinder blue bottle loving dipshits running around the place with no automotive taste and very little driving talent, and all life will be about to them is who has the most bling and naaaaws and 160db steroes that sound shit. The asswipes who made the fast and furious style movies and the NFS games after NFS High Pursuit should be put on a spit and porked to death with blunt objects. Theyve done nothing in the ways of contributing to automotive culture, personally I think theyve ****ed it up. Long live the mighty V8.
    I know I'm gunna get in the shit for this.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

ooo...that's just going a bit too far It's bad...but really not THAT bad.

Yeah, Carbon pretty much sucked. I got to over 60% in career in a day. Haven't played it since.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

How can you say Most Wanted "finished" when thats where Carbon picked up from?

Well...I haven't finished MW yet...but you have to cross a bridge to get to Palmont...so...I don't really get what you mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Personally speaking, arcade style ricer car games piss me off no end. Theres going to be a generation of dipshit 4 cylinder blue bottle loving dipshits running around the place with no automotive taste and very little driving talent, and all life will be about to them is who has the most bling and naaaaws and 160db steroes that sound shit. The asswipes who made the fast and furious style movies and the NFS games after NFS High Pursuit should be put on a spit and porked to death with blunt objects. Theyve done nothing in the ways of contributing to automotive culture, personally I think theyve ****ed it up. Long live the mighty V8.
    Totally agreed man. Except the last sentence ! Long live the Inline-6

You're all just jealous because you don't have sick supra w/ a 2JZ and Nos.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I have Carbon. It's at my fathers, and I am skipping going to his house this weekend so I can go to my friends'. I really don't mind.
    Though, I do love my Brera.
    All about the t-tops

How did you finish it in 6 days if it was a 5 day rental?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Blockbuster allows you to keep it an extra free week.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Yeah, and I bought the collector's edition >.< damn damn!
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I have to disagree with some of these points.

True the career is very short but it is also very intense. Would you rather have a game that lasts for ages but is full of boring bits?

Some of the later races are very hard if, like me, you don't upgrade your car. I beat the first three bosses with my starting alfa brera and then the last guy with my stock carrera gt. This way I could amass 1 000 000 credits an unlock that reward card.

I do agree however that autosculpt is horrific
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

From NFS 7 Underground onwards NFS seems too obsessed with tuner cars and unrealistic performance rather than proper racing. That is why I personally prefer NFS5 Porsche Unleashed to any new NFS game anyday.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Porsche Unleashed and Hot Pursuit 2 were the only fun games from NFS imo. I thought they were the best there was four years ago when I had no idea about racing games whatsoever. Then Forza came along and I haven't looked back since. Car games aren't the only thing going completely bling and riced lately. Everytime I go to a store to look for a new car model, all I can find is some Dub City ballaz bullshit and the likes. *sighs hopelessly*
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 01-04-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Thread Information