Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the Falcon be reaching US shores?

Could the Falcon be reaching US shores?

Well, I have generally been hearing that as one of the canidates for replacing the extremely-aged Crown Victoria is that they will bring in the Falcon from Australia, when they redesign it in a couple of years, and that ford Australia is developing a version to fit the US market. I also know that they are expirmenting with them in the US, as I pointed out a little while ago that I saw a TS50 cruising around Dearborn, probably being tested by some Ford guys. I am just wondering if there is a good chance of this happening. I am just wondering, because I have liked the australian Falcon for quite some time, and I thought that it would be kinda cool to be able to buy one in US shores. Espically since the Austrailians seem to have the same formula as americans when it comes to cars: Big, rear wheel drive, with a ton of horsepower.

Not for a couple of years. The current model doesn't support LHD. And it must've been a while ago when you saw that TS50, those must be getting on 6 or 7 years since they got discontinued.

The TS50 was once sold in the US?
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

No. It was probably a grey import, most likely by some Ford guys. As I said, maybe they were using it to test the waters for the US market.

Maybe some guys wanted a TS50, so they imported one. I mean that things based on the AU. Why on Earth would they test the AU over there? Everyone hated it, and from what I've heard there were constant mechanical problems.
    Plus, yeah, it's very very old.
    All about the t-tops

I heard about quality issues, like a part of the dash was known for falluing in the footwell.

But, I am not talking about the TS50, I am talking about the Falcon, and from I heard, there are good chances of it reaching US shores when it gets its next redesign. I even heard that Ford Australia is even engineering it to accept left and right hand drive.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

You need to go away Keanu.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

The next Falcon, codenamed Orion at this stage, is due on sale HERE around March 2008. Ford Australia has recieved funding to expand development to include LHD, but the late inclusion into the development cycle means it probably wont be until 2010 that LHD models are actually produced.

Falcon, or Falcon's platform "MAY" see US shores around then, but it depends on how Ford keeps their DEW98 and Panther platforms going. Currently there are alot of rumours of the D2C platform under the Mustang being stretched to accomodate a medium-large sized RWD sedan, which considering D2C was dumbed down from DEW98, doesnt leave much room for Falcon as a budget large RWD platform.

Not to mention also, Ford have the Five Hundred, Fusion and Crown Victoria on sale as passenger sedans. Granted, neither the Five Hundred or Fusion are RWD, but it doesnt leave much room for too many more products.

A Crown Vic replacement wouldn't be a Falcon, it would be a variation of the currently non existent Orion Fairlane. Even if they did manage to get the Falcon over to the US as a falcon (not as just a platform), Ford would have problems with supply, as the capacity of the Broadmeadows Ford plant won't satisfy demand. Unless Ford manufacture them in the US, which I highly doubt. Instead of importing the Falcon, I'd say Ford might eventually make use of the platform. The only chance I see the Falcon having for US export is being badged as a low volume Mercury.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    Maybe some guys wanted a TS50, so they imported one. I mean that things based on the AU. Why on Earth would they test the AU over there? Everyone hated it, and from what I've heard there were constant mechanical problems.
    Plus, yeah, it's very very old.
    I saw a Alfa Romeo Brera (the new one, black) at Las Vegas, perhaps that person imported it? Sry i couldn't get pics, it was all too sudden if you get what I mean
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    A Crown Vic replacement wouldn't be a Falcon, it would be a variation of the currently non existent Orion Fairlane. Even if they did manage to get the Falcon over to the US as a falcon (not as just a platform), Ford would have problems with supply, as the capacity of the Broadmeadows Ford plant won't satisfy demand. Unless Ford manufacture them in the US, which I highly doubt. Instead of importing the Falcon, I'd say Ford might eventually make use of the platform. The only chance I see the Falcon having for US export is being badged as a low volume Mercury.
    Supply isnt that stretched really, Ford just dont have enough reason to add a 2nd shift of production. Secure 18K units in America, and maybe the same elsewhere in Europe/Asia, then a 2nd shift would economically make sense.

Falcon into the U.S bout ****en time!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Falcon into the U.S bout ****en time!
    QFT. Give them a taste of a real passenger car.
    Only a taste mind you. For the whole shebbang they would need the VE.
    All about the t-tops

I heard that Commodores are fast, so if GM decides to import it and it takes off, Ford might bring a Falcon. But this is the American auto industry, they couldn't run a garbage can if their lives depended on it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Both are fast cars, But safe handle pretty tuff and great value. The U.S couldn't ask for anymore.

Thread Information