Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: nVidia 8800GTX: My Review

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,975
    this is a great card, there are machines on sale with 2 8800gtx's for about 3k from the likes of mesh. i am just wondering if this lot would fit in my case! This card stands out more than most not just because it is higher performance but because it embraces directx 10 and up and coming features of vista. i am not a pc geek but this card still seems exciting to me, the thing that puts me of is having a monster 1kw PSU and a PC that sounds like a dyson - and i wouldnt consider the complexity of water cooling.
    autozine.org

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Everyone who brags about their machine has a 12+ inch penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    It's pretty huge. It measured 10.5 inches on my ruler, making it longer than the motherboard's width by about 2cm
    whos talking about what?
    autozine.org

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,602
    Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    whos talking about what?
    Awesome use of quotes. +1
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Posts: 30,245
    Posts
    7,352
    Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    this is a great card, there are machines on sale with 2 8800gtx's for about 3k from the likes of mesh.
    the important question to ask is, why on earth would anyone ON earth need 2 8800gtx's? my x1900xt turns anything i throw at it into dust. an 8800gtx would at this point in time do little more with what games there are out there. So whoever buys that is either too rich, too stupid, or some sort of game developer. Its crazy!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Let me add to that: I'm expecting to break 12k on 1024x768

    I always get some "essaying" from you when I leave out or put in so little in my posts. Get over it, stick to the topic, and quit criticizing, you know what I meant. I did say 1024x768 on the first bench I posted here, and just because I said I'm expecting to break 12k, you then walk up and started criticizing when I left out what resolution I was gonna run it at. Cheeses.
    Don't post BS and you won't get pulled for it.

    I repeat - and for everyone, so stop your "woe is me act" - stadnard for 3dMark06 is 1280x1024 and anyone posting numbers based on anything else shjould be ignored as they are NOT representative OR comparable.

    Stop defending BS and you wont get "picked on" --- or get a life and stop playing computers

    Your numbers at 1024 do NOT MATTER, so i'd not bother posting.
    You have read that it's been pointed out - by others - that your only tryign to convince folsk your d!cks bigger ??????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Don't post BS and you won't get pulled for it.

    I repeat - and for everyone, so stop your "woe is me act" - stadnard for 3dMark06 is 1280x1024 and anyone posting numbers based on anything else shjould be ignored as they are NOT representative OR comparable.

    Stop defending BS and you wont get "picked on" --- or get a life and stop playing computers

    Your numbers at 1024 do NOT MATTER, so i'd not bother posting.
    You have read that it's been pointed out - by others - that your only tryign to convince folsk your d!cks bigger ??????
    First, I never even thought about this "e-penis" thing. I've been running every benchmark at 1024x768 and I compare MY stuffs with different clock speed at the same resolution for a definitive comparison, and I do NOT compare it with others' benchmarks unless they run it on the same resolution. I repeat, I run it on 1024x768 for comparison between MY hardwares, and I do NOT compare these results with others, nor do I submit them. I do take what you said as personal offense as you call this BS and assume/accuse of my personality. I NEVER hinted a single word where I would compare it with others at higher resolution as I just wanted to get an idea how it compares to my old 7900GT and X1900GT, where the 7900GT scored about 6400 and the X1900GT nearly touching 6000, both on 1024x768. As long as I do benchmark this way I can tell the difference between different hardwares I've owned, which I do not find BS.
    The Ace of All Aces.

    Crysis. Maximum Game.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,369
    For you people who don't believe NuclearCrap, here is the world record on a single card
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=651636
    Go down to main test results and look at 3dmark

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    For you people who don't believe NuclearCrap, here is the world record on a single card
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=651636
    Go down to main test results and look at 3dmark
    That wasn't the point, he was saying that my results are incomparable because I didn't run on 3DMark06's standard 1280x1024, yet he took offense before I had time to clarify that I never intended to compare against others and I only compare with my hardwares.

    Anyway, I wish I have those LN2's and Cascades. Lol. Oh well, at least I really wasn't stupid to pay for a 8800. Free OEM 8800GTX FTW!!!!
    EDIT: Wait.....didn't k|ngp|n score a few hundred points higher than that with a single card?
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 01-06-2007 at 09:45 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

    Crysis. Maximum Game.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    cheers Z, proving why posting results at lower res would confuse and make folsk think it was good. Those numbers you're comparing were done at higher res than nc was running.

    nc, you need to make sure what you post matches what you think You cited 1280 in your first post. So how is it "comparable" for you as you said you normally ruin 1280 ? If not intending to "compare with others" then why post them at all without making it clear it was at a lwoer res ? and you did start the "e-penis" thing by posting, granted others pointed out that's what it was the phrase used by todays youth I believe is OWNED.

    My last words on it are you need to read posts IN ORDER as you're confused and playing up far too much. "essaying" only ocurred because you tried to say it was on "standard resolution".

    It's a common mistake for '06 users to run on old '03 or '05 "standard" resolutions. I cut-and-pasted from FutureMarks document as clearly you hadn't realised this. The horse was led to the water, shame it died of dehydration.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    cheers Z, proving why posting results at lower res would confuse and make folsk think it was good. Those numbers you're comparing were done at higher res than nc was running.

    nc, you need to make sure what you post matches what you think You cited 1280 in your first post. So how is it "comparable" for you as you said you normally ruin 1280 ? If not intending to "compare with others" then why post them at all without making it clear it was at a lwoer res ? and you did start the "e-penis" thing by posting, granted others pointed out that's what it was the phrase used by todays youth I believe is OWNED.

    My last words on it are you need to read posts IN ORDER as you're confused and playing up far too much. "essaying" only ocurred because you tried to say it was on "standard resolution".

    It's a common mistake for '06 users to run on old '03 or '05 "standard" resolutions. I cut-and-pasted from FutureMarks document as clearly you hadn't realised this. The horse was led to the water, shame it died of dehydration.
    I only mentioned 1280x1024 for my games. If you want comparisons at the same resolution, then here:

    8800GTX: 11915
    7900GT: 6500
    X1900GT: 6000

    All benchmarks I've done with my previous hardwares were all on 1024x768, therefore I can only make valid comparisons if I run my 8800 on the same resolution. Enough clarification? Done with criticisms? I just can't believe that I get bitched just because I left out a little detail, which you thought it was intentional until I clarified. I never intended to start with brags and e-penis at the first place, all I did was writing a review and you guys walked in accusing me of starting this crap. I just thought that many people would be interested to know about this card, hence about half of my review was the overview of this card. Why don't you go off to every review site saying that they love their e-penis?

    Oh and that "bragging rights activated" thing in my sig is what I copied from Newegg when they were advertising for 7950GX2, and for a disclaimer, I'm not try to brag about it just because it's in my sig, and I always put my overclocks in my sig so this card shouldn't be an exception.
    The Ace of All Aces.

    Crysis. Maximum Game.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,369
    Well you do have bragging rights, since you have the 8800GTX memory OC world record

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,975

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Posts
    3,125
    Finally got the monitor, here's a screenshot, I'll take more when I'm done playing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Ace of All Aces.

    Crysis. Maximum Game.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,494
    Any more screenshots of other games possibly?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Posts: 30,245
    Posts
    7,352
    i see you got the imperial dragon armour NC

    i just installed the vampire cure mod because i installed the anime mod which didnt let me feed at night which meant people wouldnt talk to me because my eyes were red. effort! Oblivion is sweet on full settings + Ati HDR+AA patch + 19" widescreen

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. nVidia G80 Specs Leaked!!
    By NuclearCrap in forum Gaming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 12:42 AM
  2. The review thread
    By 6speed in forum User's rides
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 04:57 PM
  3. nVidia 7300
    By NuclearCrap in forum Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 09:15 AM
  4. My review on my Viper.
    By early93viper in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 08:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •