Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crikey...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Just a quick thought:
    Israel is allready disliked by almost all it's neighbours. They bomb Iran and these countries may just invade Israel then in a "us or them" moment

i'm sure the US would have something to say about that

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Maybe the best solution would have been to not even have allowe the state Israel to emerge long ago It would have saved many problems,deaths and regional instability.
    yeah, why didn't they just give them utah....
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    yeah, why didn't they just give them utah....
    Would you want Utah?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Would you want Utah?

exactly, that means nobody fights over it and we all get along.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Would you want Utah?
    apparently the mormons

as an aside.. i would not like for this to hapen. having frineds enroute to the gulf at this very moment, i do not want to cause aggression by iran. its not that they would shut off the straits of hormuz, they would probably do it by blowing up a US warship. They have the capability, and woudl likely use it.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I'm sure no one in the Middle East would risk a nation-nation war with the US. I don't think that the US would support Isreal if they used Nukes, just like China wasn't behind N. Korea's test and warnings of more tests in the future. Isreal using nukes would definetly open up WWIII, at least in the UN.
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

America might not like Israel using nuclear weaponry, small or large, but here lies a small problem - guess what country America is providing the funding for, to develop that anti-missile laser system? Guess what country provides alot of consulting help for the technologies that now lie in a soldiers standard body armor (the copper wiring in the suit that sets off an alarm when the soldier is hit), or the unit-commanders little mini-digital map, or even some of the technology that went into the programming of our Commanche attack helicopter or our new JSF fighter?

We do not depend on Israel, for our military power. However, there are virtually no countries in the world with the military experience they have when it comes to practicality, and with their knowledge, they make the U.S. army significantly more potent. If America turned back on it's alliance with Israel, even in a "friendly" way, we would lose alot of technology that we are either co-developing with the Israeli's, or that they are developing for us. Especially considering the new nuclear threat of Iran in the future, and North Korea now, I think we want Israel to finish the laser system.....fast.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

What a sticky situation this would then be if it actuallly happened. Perhaps a friendly, "Now Now Isreal, you know nukes are bad... now about the lasers?" kindof condemnation.
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by DieFrage
    What a sticky situation this would then be if it actuallly happened. Perhaps a friendly, "Now Now Isreal, you know nukes are bad... now about the lasers?" kindof condemnation.
    Exactly. If any country that calls itself a friend of Israel's condemns their actions, Israel can just simply not sell them the only technology that even half works (it is not in production/full production yet, leading me to believe it has....a problem or 2. However, they had a working version around a year ago, so....) at the moment, that can take out an ICBM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Why not bomb them with some NuclearCrap?
    nah, not enough tax dollars to pay for his expenses
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Well, if this goes through. we're all f***ed, essentially.

It was nice knowing all of you. whoever is left can have my stereo.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Well, if this goes through. we're all f***ed, essentially.

It was nice knowing all of you. whoever is left can have my stereo.
    dibs!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

oh. i'm planning to use you as a blast shield.

next applicant

oh. i'm planning to use you as a blast shield.

next applicant
    you know what they say.
    "when the shit hits the fan, take cover behind something thick"
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

<cue Whiteballz posting photo of me looking like a Racoon From summernats here>

<cue Whiteballz posting photo of me looking like a Racoon From summernats here>
    bastard. i wish i could have gone. except i figured i couldn't. then i found out i could, but was promptly conscripted into a hunting trip into NSW.
    next year, you bastards..

Thread Information