View Poll Results: Which option do you prefer?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lancia Fulvia

38 92.68%
  • Something else (SUV, CC, big saloon,...)

3 7.32%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancia Fulvia, yes or no?

Lancia Fulvia, yes or no?

As some of you might know (actually I doubt it nobody cares any more about Lancia these days) Lancia are choosing a specialty (read niche) car to built in 2008-2009. So far they have come up with 5 possibilities of which we know some. One is an SUV, probably a sister car to an hipotetic Kamal based in the Premium platform (they same that underpins the 159/Brera/Spider). Another one is a folding metal roof convertible probably built on either the Punto's or the forthcoming Bravo's platform. A third one is a big-ish Coupe, based on the Bravo's or the Premium platform. And the fourth one could either be a big 4-door saloon (Thesis replacement) or maybe someyhing else.

What's interesting is the fifth option. And this one is to built the Lancia Fulvia as was presented (or maybe with minor alterations) in the 2003 concept car. The concept car was 392x166x133cm and weighted 990kg, achieved through the uses of lightweight materials like aluminium. It would most probably be based on the Punto's platform. More info and pictures can be found here.

What I ask you is, what would you rather prefer Lancia built? The Fulvia or something else?

EDIT I'm of course all for the Fulvia.
    Last edited by Ferrer; 01-07-2007 at 12:40 PM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I am with you. the Fulvia, unless they surprise us with an even better concept for something small and sporty like the fulvia.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

i think the fulvia would be good, but it begs a better platform than the punto. lancia used to be a premium brand, but they let that slip. i think something fast and sexy off of the brera platform would be better. something that woudl hearken back to the aurelia would be best.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I couldn't agree more...
    I think large sales in the future lays in smaller cars.
    Especially in amongst the European brands.

I hope the SUV bubble will burst soon..
    Who needs 4 wheel drive when global warming gives us summer all year round?

Fulvia pleas

Just looked up pics of the Fulvia, and I'm all for it too. Is this a performance oriented car or rather a regular car dressed sporty? Also, if they make it, is there a chance they'll use it for rally racing like the old one?

Fulvia, looks kinda like an old Alfa which is kinda cool...also lightweight is good.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    Just looked up pics of the Fulvia, and I'm all for it too. Is this a performance oriented car or rather a regular car dressed sporty? Also, if they make it, is there a chance they'll use it for rally racing like the old one?
    Judge yourself. 215kg less than the Mini Cooper S and 325kg less than the Clio RS. Now an hipotetic production car won't be as lightweight, but the concept car is a good precedent and weight can be kept to a decent level. Rallying is very unlikely indeed, though.
    Visca Catalunya!

The only thing I can think of that would be as good an option as this would be a modern Beta and Monte Carlo.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    (Lancia vulva, haha)

I think it's a neat idea, but if they're going to make a sporty lightweight car, I'd hope for a bit more aggressive look. The design doesn't have a ton of personality.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

even though fulvia would be cool, i'm even more interested in seeing more serious supercar, like that mazel-designed one (i think its name was granturismo)
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    even though fulvia would be cool, i'm even more interested in seeing more serious supercar, like that mazel-designed one (i think its name was granturismo)
    The Granturismo Stilnovo wasn't a supercar. It was a 3-door C-segment hatchback. An hipotetical Delta substitute.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm all for the Fulvia, it looked great. I agree that it'd be nice to be on a more sporty chassis than the Punto though.

Also, by 'hipotetical' I guess you mean hypothetical?

Yes, the world needs more beautiful things.

"Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

People here may like it, but not buy it. Then it'll be totally pointless to produce it. Yeah.... it's nice, beauty. Citroen C4 3door please, it handles well?MX-5 please. Oh it has great Italian spirit! Alfa 147/149 please.

The greatness of Lancias in the 60s had more or less been filled up by many many other contenders. To me, Lancias should be kept in musuems and forever be remembered for their greatness, rather than resurrected and live a pityfull life. Michael Jordan again anyone?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

It looks right. But to be honest I am more of a big car person. Give me a 4WD or a big sedan anyday. Plus this would never be sold in Australia anyway, considering we haven't had Lancias here for goodness knows how long.

Thread Information