Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bob's Car

1.8T with K03 turbo = 150hp; found in early New Beetles
    1.8T with K03 Sport= 180hp; found in GTI, later NB's, Passat
    1.8T with K04 Sport turbo = 225hp; found in TT Quattro

Chipped K03 cars regularly put down 180whp and 200+ torque. Let's not get into the ones with bigger injectors and 3" turbo-backs.

The "1994 Volkswagen Golf III GL 9.8 16.7" you listed is a Mk3 2.0L; not a 1.8T. Though the VR6 time seems slow- stock with good tires is typically 15.1 or 15.2 @ 90mph.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    1.8T with K03 turbo = 150hp; found in early New Beetles
    1.8T with K03 Sport= 180hp; found in GTI, later NB's, Passat
    1.8T with K04 Sport turbo = 225hp; found in TT Quattro

Chipped K03 cars regularly put down 180whp and 200+ torque. Let's not get into the ones with bigger injectors and 3" turbo-backs.

The "1994 Volkswagen Golf III GL 9.8 16.7" you listed is a Mk3 2.0L; not a 1.8T. Though the VR6 time seems slow- stock with good tires is typically 15.1 or 15.2 @ 90mph.
    Sorry didn't know which of the ones I listed had what engine, which is why I listed a few. It's also possible the the camaro time of 15.0 is for the 350, but as all 350 camaro's were equipped with the auto tranny in the factory, the 305 with 5 spd is most likely the same or faster. (The T5 is a weak transmission and couldn't be warrantied for the 350's torque.)

Newest Problem

After several months without problems I was starting to get hopeful...
    Until I took the car out last friday and had around thirty horsepower and couldn't get revs past 2500 rpm I needed to go in for inspection on tuesday anyway so I took it in and apparently I have clogged fuel injectors (and failed emissions because of it) so now i'm paying 70 bucks for the car to be run on 100% detergents which will hopefully fix it. Plus new wheel cylinders and brake pads but that was expected.

Oh well just another thing to add to the list

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    After several months without problems I was starting to get hopeful...
    Until I took the car out last friday and had around thirty horsepower and couldn't get revs past 2500 rpm I needed to go in for inspection on tuesday anyway so I took it in and apparently I have clogged fuel injectors (and failed emissions because of it) so now i'm paying 70 bucks for the car to be run on 100% detergents which will hopefully fix it. Plus new wheel cylinders and brake pads but that was expected.

Oh well just another thing to add to the list
    This happened to my uncles Buick once, and he ended up needing new injectors. Good luck, and hopefully the detergents work.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Well I found out over the ast few days its not clogged injectors. We have no idea what it is. It goes in and out at random, it'll run fine then all the sudden it's like running into a wall. So then when the problem is happening, if you step on the gas at idle (in neutral), revs don't rise at all. But if you give it just about 10% throttle, you can get it to rev slowly.

Have no idea how to diagnose this its a crazy problem

Did they check the simple things like the fuel filter, they do get blocked.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Mystery is solved. Fuel injectors were losing impedence when they got hot and grounding out the ECU. Mechanic was going to charge me like $1300 to fix so I'm doing it myself (he's a good guy, but only uses OEM parts, which are insanely overpriced). Looking around for injectors now, I've heard many good things about Ford SVO's but I'm still trying to find out if they're direct replacements.

Well I'm posting this in my thread cause I didn't want to make a new one;
    How hard is it to do bodywork, and how expensive is it to get a car professionally repainted? I ask because I have very many small dent/paint chips from the previous owner, and a couple of major dents due to a dark night and the basketball net in my driveway . I don't necessarily need the whole car resprayed.

The bodywork (I think) would be just smoothing over with body putty, because the dents are very shallow, only visible in the right light. One dent is large, but its in the fender. I could hammer it out, or even get a whole new fender from the jy if I'm getting it resprayed any.

Johnnynum5 is a bodywork guy right?

At least its faster than a 1.8T.

But yes, I did.
    And the hilarity ensues hahaha. Awesome car, I personally am a fan of black, but the blue looks great. Funny that your user name is Bob yet your real name is Dave I must say that is the most kick ass thing I have heard all day. Sorry if I missed it, but did you ever consider anything else before you bought it? Just wondering what you were looking for when you bought the Camaro. My friend had a red Z28 with SLP exhaust and Z06 rims. It was so mean.

I like black too, I'm thinking about it when I (eventually) get the car resprayed. Didn't really consider anything else... although I should have. Repair bills have been a nightmare and I still owe my dad a few grand for it (he loaned me the money to get it.)

If it weren't for everything breaking I'd have SLP exhaust with shorty headers, subframe connectors and K-members for chassis stiffness, eibach springs, and probably bodywork/respray. But you can't have it all I guess...

It's very fun to drive, there's nothing quite like loads of torque.
    ssshhh, don't tell Hightower
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Nice car Bob. Love 3rd gens as well. Good to see another F-Body here. Check out my '98 Z28

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=32729

I'm jealous... gorgeous looking and low milage. And for what I've spent on mine I could've paid for yours... Oh well live and learn. Very nice car.

Thread Information