Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Saddam's lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Not that I know of. Why? Would my posts be more valid? What about if I knew someone who was killed on 9/11?
    Because that would have what to do with the war in Iraq?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...articleId=4497

Service members join War protest
    US servicemen start resisting war agenda

by John M.R. Bull
    Global Research, January 16, 2007
    Daily Press - 2007-01-15

Several dozen service members joined peace activists today to call for an end to the war in Iraq, part of a nationwide effort that links a growing group of active-duty protesters to the peace movement.

An "appeal for redress'' petition, signed by more than 1,000 active duty soldiers and sailors nationwide -- many of whom served in Iraq -- is to be delivered to Congress on Tuesday.

On a day devoted to honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Norfolk-based Seaman Jonathan Hutto quoted the civil rights leader at a gathering of war protestors at the Unitarian Church of Norfolk.

"Dissent is not disloyalty,'' Hutto said, noting that King objected to the Vietnam War and insisted that protestors "were not fools or traitors.''

A growing number of active-duty military personnel are coming out against the war, despite a culture in the Armed Forces that frowns on public objections to presidential policy.

A recent poll of military personnel show their support of the war has dropped to 54 percent.

Active-duty military personnel are allowed to publicly object to the war, as long as they do not wear their uniforms when expressing their opinions.

"We served in combat and we've seen the futility of this war,'' said Sgt. Jabbar Magruder of Los Angeles, a member of the National Guard who served 11 months in Tikrit, a town northwest of Baghdad. "The soldiers want to resist. The soldiers want to come home now. We need the citizens to back us.''

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06281/728338-53.stm

Veterans of Iraq war join protest in Oakland to voice 'betrayal'

Sunday, October 08, 2006
    By Milan Simonich, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    War protesters who gather regularly at the military recruiting station in Oakland were buoyed yesterday by four fresh faces, all veterans of the war in Iraq.
    Young and angry, these vets say they were betrayed by the U.S. government. Their cause as they travel from city to city is to end the war.
    "This is my job right now. I don't want to be part of the way things are," said Steve Mortillo, 24, an Army veteran who served in Iraq for 11 months in 2004 and 2005.
    Mr. Mortillo, born in New York City and raised in Pennington, N.J., said he enlisted because of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Another veteran, Toby Hartbarger of Muncie, Ind., said he turned against the war for many reasons.
    He saw no connection between stopping terrorists and the U.S. occupation of Iraq. Private contractors with government contracts grew rich while servicemen received subsistence pay. Friends in his outfit died.
    Mr. Hartbarger served in the Army's 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment. He said he was in Iraq from May 2003 to August 2004.

Wow... "several dozen service members joined peace activists."
    Several dozen out of hundreds of thousands!
    For every soldier that criticize the war, there are many, many more who believe in what they are doing.
    So give it up already!
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Nice to see your skim read - 46 Percent of Soldiers surveyed no longer have faith in what they're doing. Nice work there
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Not that I know of. Why? Would my posts be more valid? What about if I knew someone who was killed on 9/11?
    i just wondered because when the first friend dies, you get realy sad, and think that we need to keep fighting so we dont lose any more. when the second one dies, you really question if it all really makes sense. when the third friend is killed you start getting angry. thats where i am at. my 3rd classmate from highschool died several weeks ago after being shot in the head by a sniper. this war is not funny. it is not a matter of national pride and looking like we still have control. this is a mess. a lost cause. i dont give a shit of the iraqis blow them selves up, or shoot eachother, or wtf ever. i just dont want them to do it to my friends anymore.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    i just wondered because when the first friend dies, you get realy sad, and think that we need to keep fighting so we dont lose any more. when the second one dies, you really question if it all really makes sense. when the third friend is killed you start getting angry. thats where i am at. my 3rd classmate from highschool died several weeks ago after being shot in the head by a sniper. this war is not funny. it is not a matter of national pride and looking like we still have control. this is a mess. a lost cause. i dont give a shit of the iraqis blow them selves up, or shoot eachother, or wtf ever. i just dont want them to do it to my friends anymore.
    Look at it this way... if nothing is done about terrorism, the attacks will continue. Attacks which will be equal to or even worse than 9/11. Ignoring terroists was tried in the 1990s and it failed.

Look at it this way... if nothing is done about terrorism, the attacks will continue. Attacks which will be equal to or even worse than 9/11. Ignoring terroists was tried in the 1990s and it failed.
    right, agreed. then we shoudl go after terrorists. and get the hell out of iraq. there were no terrorists there before we invaded.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Your linking Iraq with Terrorism - the only terrorism in iraq - that wasn't done behind closed doors and did not indiscriminantly attack the civilian population - only occured after brave men and women working for the US government stepped into the country.

i dare say the situation was only inflamed by the invasion, not quashed.

Saddam Sucked. simple. but he more interested in suring up his own power base than dealing with terrorists. a shaky oil industry did not serve his needs.

I don't think you can justify needless violence for the sake of security. with Freedom comes risk - a risk so small it hardly warrants the overzealous reaction it has.

It's a perfectly reasonable thing to want to protect that which you love and care for - and CMC's reaction is doing just that.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    right, agreed. then we shoudl go after terrorists. and get the hell out of iraq. there were no terrorists there before we invaded.
    Lol. I can't believe some people actually think that is true!
    What would you call Abdul Rahmin Yasin, the man who mixed the chemicals to make the bomb set off in 1993 in the World Trade Center, who was receiving safe haven in Baghdad and getting a monthly salary from the Iraqi government?
    Last edited by Fleet 500; 01-30-2007 at 07:42 PM.

What would you call Abdul Rahmin Yasin, the man who mixed the chemicals to make the bomb set off in 1993 in the World Trade Center, who was receiving safe haven in Baghhad and getting a monthly salary from the Iraqi government?
    What do you call the Native American's selling rocket launchers, mortars, high explosives, machine guns and illegal assault rifles, within U.S. borders?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    What do you call the Native American's selling rocket launchers, mortars, high explosives, machine guns and illegal assault rifles, within U.S. borders?
    Criminals, but don't change the subject. There were definitely terrorists in Iraq before the invasion.

if nothing is done about terrorism, the attacks will continue. Attacks which will be equal to or even worse than 9/11.
    Since "something" is so much more effective than "nothing", why have there been successful terrorist attacks in the UK, Spain, etc, along with thwarted alleged attempts AFTER the invasion of Afghanistan/Iraq?

Please explain how that "something" i.e., G.I Joe kicking doors in in Baghdad/Helmand, stops some guy who lives 2mins up the road from me, and went to the same school as me from being allegedly involved in a plot to blow up a number of passenger planes.

Ignoring terroists was tried in the 1990s and it failed.
    They weren't totally ignored.

Quite a number of Americans were giving support to the IRA.

But then you probably don't care about that because it was London being blown to shit, not New York.

After Iannucci:

2008; Ex-Government minister reminiscing:

"To mark the end of the War On Terror we had a big party in Trafalgar Square... of course we were very surprised when someone detonated a bomb in a rucksack."
    Thanks for all the fish

Wow... "several dozen service members joined peace activists."
    Several dozen out of hundreds of thousands!
    For every soldier that criticize the war, there are many, many more who believe in what they are doing.
    So give it up already!
    Post examples already.

What would you call Abdul Rahmin Yasin, the man who mixed the chemicals to make the bomb set off in 1993 in the World Trade Center, who was receiving safe haven in Baghdad and getting a monthly salary from the Iraqi government?
    I would call him one terrorist the U.S. never worried about invading Iraq for before 9/11.
    What’s really amazing is that you can still cling on to any tenuous links between Iraq and terrorism and yet ignore the abundance of facts that point to the opposite. That of course reeks of blind patriotism.

Criminals, but don't change the subject. There were definitely terrorists in Iraq before the invasion.
    No, they are not criminals, the government is not legally allowed to even go after them, in the current state of affairs. But to explain why would be a change of topic, so....

And yes, considering our sudden findings of "faulty intelligence" here, a little there, and whatnot, I'd be a little suspicious of the specific terrorist connections Bush mentioned when he decided to invade Iraq. Maybe you could provide specific examples, that actually relate to the ones Bush meant initially, instead of ANY. Every country has terrorists, and alot of terrorists have other organizations that they are friendly with in other countries, so please, don't just name any terrorist, unless you can factually say he is one of the terrorist connections that Bush was after. Why? Because American intelligence was based off of particular terrorist connections - no, I do not know which myself, but, that is why I am not yet able to say "you are wrong".
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information