Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam's lawyer

If i see another decent argument turned into something, lacking any veracity or pretence of context, About Kerry or Clinton, one of my eyes will explode.

<you can see the footage on Youtube>
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Wasn't that the G.W. Bush 1 period?
    I hope you are trying to say that because for once I would fully agree with you...
    No, I was referring to Clinton's blunders like:
    - Not effectively doing anything about terrorism, which kept growing and growing throughout the '90s.
    - Cutting CIA and FBI intelligence; banning those agents from obtaining information from former terrorists and criminals which usually have the most accurate information.
    - Making that stupid deal with N. Korea... supplying nuclear material and building 2 billion dollar (each) powerplants in exchange for a promise from N. Korea that they wouldn't use the nuclear material to build weapons with (which is what they did anyway).
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Bugger me if thats not what the US Government has done since lil Bush got in... Call me stupid, but havent those idiots stuck their snouts in just about every single thing that has happened world wide since september 12 2001 and tried to pass it off as averting an act of terror on the US? I really, really think that they should be looking after the problems they have at home, ie health care and education and policing (domestically), you know, the basic shit a government does, and get that right, before they start worrying about other countries affairs.
    I also think that lil Johnny Howard should shut the **** up too and stop running around, toilet paper in hand chasing after his bum chum G.W.Bush to wipe his arse when he gets himself into more of his self created shit...
    End of rant.
    Nope, don't agree.
    Technically, the war with Iraq never really ended; it was put on hold with the 1991 cease-fire agreement. An agreement which said that the U.S. had the authority to resume military action if it was broken (which it was, by Iraq, many times).
    As for Afghanistan, al Qaeda training camps/the Taliban were there (the same al Qaeda and Taliban) which were linked to the WTC and Pentagon attacks.
    In fact, Clinton sent more U.S. troops to foreign countries than Bush has!

We the U.S. would love to "stop worrying about other countrie's affairs" if they would stop attacking us in other countries (embassies) and in our own country!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    No, I was referring to Clinton's blunders like:
    <BOOM>

Told you, warned you twice.
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 01-13-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    <BOOM>

Told you, warned you twice.
    Sorry, but when mistakes made in history are discussed, Clinton's name will turn up frequently.

Sorry, but when mistakes made in history are discussed, Clinton's name will turn up frequently.
    whereby poor Clinton was faced with some mistakes made by other presidents before him like:

Supporting Saddam in his war against Iran
    Supporting the Taliban against the Ruskies
    "Forgetting" to finish off Saddam in 1991.

Maybe American foreign policy is just a continuation of blunders, now culminating in this war, resulting in the loss of respect of a once great nation in the eyes of many a country in the rest of the world. (but as you have indicated in an earlier thread, you don't care about that in any way)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

In fact, Clinton sent more U.S. troops to foreign countries than Bush has!
    I would personally (as an American ) be more interested in the percentage that came back home alive after being deployed abroad...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

And how many were asked to be there by the UN/NATO/etc
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    And how many were asked to be there by the UN/NATO/etc
    compared to the troops that were explicitly NOT asked for by the UN

I forgot that the Previous administration is somehow responsible for the current situation in Iraq, how foolish of me.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I forgot that the Previous administration is somehow responsible for the current situation in Iraq, how foolish of me.
    That and the trade deficit.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

about the lawyer,some of the things he said are quite close to the truth
    the mass graves have been known for way way longer than any information agency has let on.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    the trade deficit is just a sign of how happy other countries are to finance the overspending of the American people

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    whereby poor Clinton was faced with some mistakes made by other presidents before him like:

Supporting Saddam in his war against Iran
    Supporting the Taliban against the Ruskies
    "Forgetting" to finish off Saddam in 1991.

Maybe American foreign policy is just a continuation of blunders, now culminating in this war, resulting in the loss of respect of a once great nation in the eyes of many a country in the rest of the world. (but as you have indicated in an earlier thread, you don't care about that in any way)
    We have been through this before. Saddam was supported because the U.S. didn't want Iraq to win that 8-year war and dominate the area.
    And, obviously, the U.S. didn't want communist Russia to invade Afghanistan.
    And it was the U.N. which suggested to kick Iraq out of Kuwait but not invade Iraq in 1991. But, of course, the U.S. is blamed for all of that (the Blame America First "logic!")

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    There was a trade deficit before Bush was president.

Thread Information