Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam's lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    And many do not.

Thousands join bicoastal war protest

I realise these are all stinking, faggot, Liberal, commie, terrorist loving traitors but they are also Americans.
    Notice how those protesters very rarely (if ever) praise the troops while they are protesting? (Even though they claim they "support the troops.")

One "intelligent" person there was singing, of which some of the words were, "Mr. President, how many wokers have you turned into slaves?"
    WHAT? What is that idiot talking about?

As I said, crisis, your last sentence just may be accurate when describing those wackos. They may be Americans, but there sure are some loony ones out there!
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Notice how those protesters very rarely (if ever) praise the troops while they are protesting? (Even though they claim they "support the troops.")

One "intelligent" person there was singing, of which some of the words were, "Mr. President, how many wokers have you turned into slaves?"

As I said, crisis, your last sentence just may be accurate when describing those wackos. They may be Americans, but there sure are some loony ones out there!
    So what about me? I support our troops, because they are the ones putting their lives on the line for our country. However, I may not be against pulling out (Iran is a little....dangerous, at the moment) but I am not a fan of the war. So where do I stand according to this, if I am not a "pro-war conservative", nor an "anti-war liberal gay" or whatever.

EDIT: I do hope for an answer to my question, but I also hope you see the point that you need to narrow it down past just political ideologies.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

But many who have been interviewed have said exactly the same thing I posted.
    they dont send the malcontent that realy doesnt like his job, but is only there because he needs to be. they put the most gung-ho poster child in front of the camer. trust me, i know this, i was my ship's public affairs officer. we had rules against who could and could not be interviewed.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

The reenlistment rate in the U.S. military is high. Many soldiers who are asked why they chose to reenlist and get sent back to Iraq is because they believe the U.S. is doing the right thing.
    Bullshit.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

What are you talking about? The United States is the biggest success story of any country that has ever existed. From a land most people didn't know about 500-600 years ago to the world's only superpower!
    Well if a Republic is based on popular consent and whose governance is based on popular representation your republic appears to be fairly unpopular with its population. It does not appear to be therefore functioning as a republic should. I know that talk hits a patriotic nerve but how can a democracy and a republic be governed properly by a government that the majority of the people disapprove of?

Also I am not sure if being a superpower necessarily makes a country a success story. The U.S.S.R. was also at one stage. Besides the term is a predictably subjective one that would be most likely used as a form of praise
    by someone only interested in military power and the ability to force its will on others

I still don't understand... I see one photo of a modern city and one of a non-modern city.
    Fine. If you think running a country 100 years ago is the same as running one now.

But many who have been interviewed have said exactly the same thing I posted.
    Gee, what would that make it then? 10, 20, 150? ( ) Were those interviews on FOX?

All I notice is how blind patriots automatically shoot the messenger and try to divert the issue by attempting to paint protesters as traitors. I support any person who is put in harms way by others. No reasonable person would ever condemn them and very few if any do. The mere fact you imply the protestors do not support the troops is lamentable. The protesters do not support the political decision to send these people into danger for whatever reason. I would call that far more supportive than the right wing hillbillies who think it is great to send others to show the world how tough their country is. These are the type who make inane quotes like “war is hell”, “in wars people die” etc when they are comfortably sitting on their couch stuffing their faces, scratching their fat asses, watching grainy pictures of buildings being destroyed through the sights of LGBs yowling “Yee Haw! Another rag head bites the dust!” (Even though they claim they "support the troops.")

Well the media (FOX?) obviously wanted to paint a picture didn’t they?
    One idiot does not a sanatorium make.

Putting images to air of intelligent reasonable people rarely makes a good 5 second news grab.
    You have made no significant point.

There is American education; that's how I was able to post it. What did I post that was inaccurate? Tell me of other countries which went from a relative unknown to a superpower in a span of centuries rather than thousands of years.
    I'm not back here to (again) fill in the huge gaps in your knowledge.
    The Americas have been populated for thousands of years too
    The British Empire was built by a British DEMOCRACY that was only a few hundred years old.
    Equally the Dutch, French, Belgian .... and others .... but them's all furriners to you
    I didn't say there weren't many people living in America, I said that it was known by very few people worldwide... that's why I went back as far as 600 years- before Columbus landed.
    Another classic of you getting it wrong (again).
    ROFL>
    Go back and read what you wrote. NOT what you were thinking tou might have written if you had thought about it.
    Another fantasy post. G'night
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I'm not back here to (again) fill in the huge gaps in your knowledge.
    The Americas have been populated for thousands of years too
    The British Empire was built by a British DEMOCRACY that was only a few hundred years old.
    Equally the Dutch, French, Belgian .... and others .... but them's all furriners to you
    The United States went from non-existence to a superpower nation in less than 200 years (1776-1945). Quite different than "a few hundred years" of the example you posted above.

ROFL>
    Go back and read what you wrote. NOT what you were thinking tou might have written if you had thought about it.
    Another fantasy post. G'night
    You should go back and read what you wrote because you got it wrong. You can now go back to your fantasy world. (ROFL)

Bullshit.
    Deny it all you want. There are even instances of soldiers being injured who went back to Iraq after they mended.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    So what about me? I support our troops, because they are the ones putting their lives on the line for our country. However, I may not be against pulling out (Iran is a little....dangerous, at the moment) but I am not a fan of the war. So where do I stand according to this, if I am not a "pro-war conservative", nor an "anti-war liberal gay" or whatever.

EDIT: I do hope for an answer to my question, but I also hope you see the point that you need to narrow it down past just political ideologies.
    You would be classified as being somewhere in the middle, unless you say some of the dumb things the protesters have been saying. Then you would be an anti-war loon.

BTW, I am not a fan of any war. I hate war. But sometimes it is necessary.

Deny it all you want. There are even instances of soldiers being injured who went back to Iraq after they mended.
    Yeah? There are even instances of soldiers raping and murdering Iraqis. I bet you wouldn’t accept those individual cases as a general indictment of U.S. servicemen.

Yeah? There are even instances of soldiers raping and murdering Iraqis. I bet you wouldn’t accept those individual cases as a general indictment of U.S. servicemen.
    Yeah, typical... you pick out a handful of soliders who performed criminal acts, and ignore the hundreds of thousands who have performed in an excellent and professional manner. As I said, typical diversion.

Yeah, typical... you pick out a handful of soliders who performed criminal acts, and ignore the hundreds of thousands who have performed in an excellent and professional manner. As I said, typical diversion.
    Yeah, typical...
    Missed my point altogether.
    I agree the handful of soldiers do not represent the majority of the U.S. servicemen. Just as the wounded individual you mention does not represent them either.

fleet.. i have a question for you.

do you know anyone who has died in this war?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Yeah, typical...
    Missed my point altogether.
    I agree the handful of soldiers do not represent the majority of the U.S. servicemen. Just as the wounded individual you mention does not represent them either.
    It's a lot more than one wounded individual...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...e-enlist_x.htm

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0503/p01s01-usmi.html

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/hta.../20060414.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    fleet.. i have a question for you.

do you know anyone who has died in this war?
    Not that I know of. Why? Would my posts be more valid? What about if I knew someone who was killed on 9/11?

Thread Information